ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Gov Appoints Indicted Cop To Oversee Police

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Color me shocked...

The Texas Tribune reports:

Gov. Greg Abbott has appointed an indicted Austin police officer accused of using excessive force during 2020 protests to Texas’ regulatory law enforcement agency. Justin Berry was among 19 Austin police officers indicted earlier this year in the protests spurred by the murder of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer. Berry is charged with two counts of aggravated assault by a public servant.
He also ran as a Republican for Texas House District 19 but lost in the primary runoff election this year. Abbott had endorsed Berry in the race, saying his “strong conservative values and experience stopping violent crime are exactly what we need in the Texas House.” Now, at the governor’s hand, Berry will serve on the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement, which sets minimum licensing and training standards for police.

Standard procedure for Texas. I mean, the Attorney General of Texas, Ken Paxton has been under indictment for fraud and facing a 99 year sentence for 6 years. Part of the inherent corruption in a uniparty state like Texas.

Reactions: franklinman
If I am stringing these together properly:

Looks like he was indicted for shooting a protestor who was placing a traffic cone over a tear gas canister. She was shot in the face with a lead filled bean bag round. Her jaw was broken and face disfigured. She sued and the City paid her $850,000. The police chief said she was doing “nothing that warranted a head shot.”

Reactions: NoleATL
Good. We need about 4k more of real police officers. Give me a break excessive force during the GF riots. In the NAZI left's mind that would mean asking a rioter to stop after assaulting an elderly Asian woman.
You’re a POS. Real police, only a fvcking imbecile would think that.

Reactions: franklinman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT