ADVERTISEMENT

Texas MBB HC Rick Barnes may be out... Iowa recruited Eric Davis question

Jun 7, 2009
Iowa
Sounds like the rumblings about Rick Barnes at Texas are true that Barnes will be fired because he will accept the Texas AD's demands to fire his assistants. The speculation is that the Texas AD is after Wichita State's Gregg Marshall but so is Alabama. Alabama has the big bucks to spend with a football program windfall surplus. Texas is no pauper, either.

I don't see Marshall taking Texas job for some personal reason but who knows. Anyway, the news makes me think how Iowa could have really improved its point guard position with the 2015 recruit Eric Davis from Saginaw, MI who is presently still a signed commit to Texas. Iowa had some level of interest (some Marble connection) with Davis but PT was probably a concern and Iowa had not done anything in a long time in the NCAA tourney. Davis seems like a bigger (6'2" vs. 6'0) version of Marcus LoVett. Davis has a scorer's mentality but has worked on becoming a complete PG who can be an exceptional floor leader.

After watching the Louisville /NC State game , I was highly impressed with Terry Rozier III. His speed will make him a good pro. Bet he goes pro and makes the top 20 picks. His 3 point shooting may be his weakest part of his game. But he can really push the ball up the floor and finish at the basket.

I'd like to Iowa's PG play improve to that level. Anyhow, here is some links about Eric Davis.

My Question: I wonder if Eric Davis will be looking around if Barnes fired next week? Iowa is probably not going to be able to offer. What a shame.

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/5998762460569782153/mr-basketball-runner-up-eric-davis-becoming-pure-point-guard-for-state-championship-bound-saginaw-arthur-hill/

http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/-4284927027939771625/ap-class-a-boys-basketball-all-state-team-announced/

This post was edited on 3/28 7:51 AM by TheHawkeyeDudeAbides

This post was edited on 3/28 10:44 AM by TheHawkeyeDudeAbides

Re: Texas MBB HC Rick Barnes may be out... Iowa recruited Eric Daviestion

I'm sure he would be looking if he hasn't signed his letter... But we really need a big
Posted from Rivals Mobile

how could they keep Barnes? no one does less with more than that guy.

With Williams committing, I am pretty sure that the opening to add a PG in the 2015 class is gone. The last ride will almost certainly be a 4/5.

Originally posted by TheHawkeyeDudeAbides:
Sounds like the rumblings about Rick Barnes at Texas are true that Barnes will be fired because he will accept the Texas AD's demands to fire his assistants.
? He is being fired for accepting the AD's demands?

Originally posted by FG86:

Sounds like the rumblings about Rick Barnes at Texas are true that Barnes will be fired because he will accept the Texas AD's demands to fire his assistants.
How bad is it when all FG has left is typo smack? A: just anothet day that ends in Y.

Originally posted by iagoldhawk:
I'm sure he would be looking if he hasn't signed his letter... But we really need a big
How soon they forget. When Fran took over he had to recruit Brust, Larson, and Marble who had signed LOI's with Iowa. Players are allowed out of their LOI when a coaching change takes place.

Originally posted by FG86:

Sorry... on the phone while composing note. Rick Barnes will be fired if he does not comply with Texas AD's demands to fire assistants.

Where's my coffee??

Originally posted by bdg8:
It's not like we were Eric Davis' second choice.
Was IA in his 'top five'?. Can he visit other schools if/when he gets released from his LOI?

Originally posted by seer_hawk:

Originally posted by iagoldhawk:
How soon they forget. When Fran took over he had to recruit Brust, Larson, and Marble who had signed LOI's with Iowa. Players are allowed out of their LOI when a coaching change takes place.
They are not 'allowed.' The school still has to release them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT