ADVERTISEMENT

Texas offers Davenport Assumption wing Emarion Ellis

Just watched his highlights, wow. Athletic, plays D and ATTACKS the basket.. I guess I see why Texas may have offered him a scholarship... that young man can run and get up and down the court! I see why the football interest is there as well, seems to play aggressive and fast.

Reactions: perryhawk
Just watched his highlights, wow. Athletic, plays D and ATTACKS the basket.. I guess I see why Texas may have offered him a scholarship... that young man can run and get up and down the court! I see why the football interest is there as well, seems to play aggressive and fast.

Agree with all of that....I think the one thing that stands out to me the most is the way he plays the game. Aggressive, attacking, on both ends of the court. I think he has a good bball IQ to go with those natural abilities that make him a really good player.

I think if I were his coach/parent/mentor (I didn't play bball and I have no expertise) I would work on the following three areas to earn more D1 Major interest.

1) Left hand....everything offensively seems right handed right now. Against athletic D1 guards they will take away his effectiveness.

2) Shot release.....looks low. Reminds me of the McCaffery boys. Not saying you can't have success with that level, but higher would be better.

3) Consistent long range shot....other than the release point he seems to have good mechanics/form....so lots of repetition and drill work to get confident and consistent from beyond 3 pt range.

I would guess that his ranking would jump WAY up with those three additions to his game.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Agree with all of that....I think the one thing that stands out to me the most is the way he plays the game. Aggressive, attacking, on both ends of the court. I think he has a good bball IQ to go with those natural abilities that make him a really good player.

I think if I were his coach/parent/mentor (I didn't play bball and I have no expertise) I would work on the following three areas to earn more D1 Major interest.

1) Left hand....everything offensively seems right handed right now. Against athletic D1 guards they will take away his effectiveness.

2) Shot release.....looks low. Reminds me of the McCaffery boys. Not saying you can't have success with that level, but higher would be better.

3) Consistent long range shot....other than the release point he seems to have good mechanics/form....so lots of repetition and drill work to get confident and consistent from beyond 3 pt range.

I would guess that his ranking would jump WAY up with those three additions to his game.

I would definitely agree with that seeing that basketball is going to be his thing.. but just from watching him on the court I bet he’d be a really good football player at the WR spot.. 6’5 in D 1 hoops is almost average.. 6’5 in D1 football at WR is a clear advantage! With His speed and athleticism and aggressiveness I know they’re begging him to at least consider college football. Good luck to him..

Last edited:
Didn’t take long for him to do the “Smart” thing... sorry I couldn’t help myself.. lol.. best of luck to him, how come no real interest for the home state university and by that I mean Iowa?

This will be interesting to see his development. Right down the road and guy is one helluva an athlete. Hope we didn’t miss the boat here.

ADVERTISEMENT