ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Orders Masks. Will Trump Supporters Comply?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
CNBC Breaking News

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Thursday requiring residents across the state to wear a face-covering in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive Covid-19 cases.
"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19," Abbott said in a press release.
"We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another — and that means wearing a face-covering in public spaces," he added.
The decision was made because the percent of total tests coming back positive and the hospitalization rate both increased too much, Abbott said.
"Both of those danger zones have now been triggered," Abbott said.
On Wednesday, the state reported 8,076 new cases in a 24-hour period, a record-high spike, according to the state's health department. The virus has now infected more than 168,000 people in the state and killed at least 2,481, according to the state.
By comparison, New York state had around 10,000 new daily cases at the height of its pandemic earlier this year.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-11.21.25-AM.png

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Should I check here, or in the Trump tweets thread for the vicious, stinging assaults on Abbott by Trump? Goofy Greg? He will need a nickname for it to be a presidential tweet slamming him.

Crenshaw is an articulate joke.
Crenshaw had a moment, then he decided to be a cult member.
For all his boasting about being in the military you'd think he'd accept an order to wear a mask. Don't they do that kind of stuff in the military? Tell you when and where to be someplace, and what to wear? Why the refusal to do something that has not just common sense behind it, but science?

Should I check here, or in the Trump tweets thread for the vicious, stinging assaults on Abbott by Trump? Goofy Greg? He will need a nickname for it to be a presidential tweet slamming him.
He's probably calling him Greg Hot Wheels Abbott right now in private.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
My Dad in Tyler, TX is not going to be happy. He said hardly anybody is wearing them there. He says he doesn't need one. He's also 72 and has had cancer. I tried explaining to him he's high-risk and its a waste of my time, but I keep trying at least.

My Dad in Tyler, TX is not going to be happy. He said hardly anybody is wearing them there. He says he doesn't need one. He's also 72 and has had cancer. I tried explaining to him he's high-risk and its a waste of my time, but I keep trying at least.
So hard for people to get it. It's not about them. Its about who they may infect and burden the healthcare system with.
We need to drill this into people that it's similar to the military . Wear the mask to not let the person next to you down.

So hard for people to get it. It's not about them. Its about who they may infect and burden the healthcare system with.
We need to drill this into people that it's similar to the military . Wear the mask to not let the person next to you down.
I wonder if these anti-covid believers and never wear makers would be willing to sign that they will accept all medical costs when they are infected or receive no medical care to prevent their death.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
I wonder if these anti-covid believers and never wear makers would be willing to sign that they will accept all medical costs when they are infected or receive no medical care to prevent their death.
Trump is doing his best to help them by trying to end Obamacare.

Rs say they'll reinstate the pre-existing condition thing. But of course they won't.

If you speed, you won't necessarily hurt anyone.

If you drive on the wrong side of the road, you won't necessarily hurt anyone.

If you fire bullets randomly into the air, you won't necessarily hurt anyone.

If you point a gun at someone, not knowing if it's loaded, and pull the trigger, you won't necessarily hurt anyone.

If you don't wear a mask when you're around people during a pandemic, you won't necessarily hurt anyone.

FREEDOM!

USA

USA

USA

According to quantum theory, the virus is both present and not present, and each of us is both infectious and not infectious at the same time unless/until tested.

Knowing that, how should we behave?

Masks, on the other hand, are either being worn or not being worn. There are no Schrodinger's masks.

He's probably calling him Greg Hot Wheels Abbott right now in private.
As I have posted before, I assume at some point Trump will call Abbott, "spineless". And, then, he will get to play stupid about why that is offensive, say he was misquoted in his own tweet, and then play the victim card as he takes criticism.

ADVERTISEMENT