ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Orders Masks. Will Trump Supporters Comply?

This is probably the worst state for this to happen lol. Should be plenty of great content coming out of Texas

My Dad in Tyler, TX is not going to be happy. He said hardly anybody is wearing them there. He says he doesn't need one. He's also 72 and has had cancer. I tried explaining to him he's high-risk and its a waste of my time, but I keep trying at least.
My mother-in-law in Louisiana is the same way. Mid-70's and flatly refuses to take minimum precautions. She spent last week taking care of her youngest daughter who just got back from a golf/fishing vacation with friends...and three of the friends have now tested positive. MIL still goes to church twice a week and refuses to wear a face mask. She was asking if we thought she should get tested. Her rationale for not getting tested? If it's positive, we can't come visit this summer.

My wife (no pic) just told her we won't be able to come visit this summer.

As I have posted before, I assume at some point Trump will call Abbott, "spineless". And, then, he will get to play stupid about why that is offensive, say he was misquoted in his own tweet, and then play the victim card as he takes criticism.
Wash. Rinse. Repeat

CNBC Breaking News

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Thursday requiring residents across the state to wear a face-covering in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive Covid-19 cases.
"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19," Abbott said in a press release.
"We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another — and that means wearing a face-covering in public spaces," he added.
The decision was made because the percent of total tests coming back positive and the hospitalization rate both increased too much, Abbott said.
"Both of those danger zones have now been triggered," Abbott said.
On Wednesday, the state reported 8,076 new cases in a 24-hour period, a record-high spike, according to the state's health department. The virus has now infected more than 168,000 people in the state and killed at least 2,481, according to the state.
By comparison, New York state had around 10,000 new daily cases at the height of its pandemic earlier this year.
image.php

Looks like we may be losing a lot of Trump voters in Texas and Florida as they refuse to take precautions.
Oh well...

Here's my county. The key stat I want to know is what percentage of these are from folks not wearing masks or being around a-hats not wearing masks.

106533418_10164102526630045_5140846767747866792_o.png

ADVERTISEMENT