ADVERTISEMENT

Texas's Chris Beard arrested on Felony Assault

Beard is a very good coach, at least at producing winning teams. Maybe not quite as good a person. If true, UT will boot him pretty quickly.

So what I'm gathering is that Beard got to Fran's face level from last night....but instead of having a support group surrounding him (group of assistant coaches) and the self control to de-escalate the situation....Beard snapped.

The alleged complainant wants him released without being charged. I'd bet on some anger management classes and life goes on with the warning that it had better not happen again. He's at the height of a very successful, but stressful career. If it's a woman who is able to push his buttons to this extent, as painful as it might be, he has to extricate himself from that relationship.

Reactions: RocknRollface
The alleged complainant wants him released without being charged. I'd bet on some anger management classes and life goes on with the warning that it had better not happen again. He's at the height of a very successful, but stressful career. If it's a woman who is able to push his buttons to this extent, as painful as it might be, he has to extricate himself from that relationship.
She realized afterwards the money train will stop if he gets fired. Once she realized this, she wants him released and no charges filed.

She realized afterwards the money train will stop if he gets fired. Once she realized this, she wants him released and no charges filed.

Or it could be, at the time of the assault she feared for her life so she did what was necessary. He might want to thank her because had the police not been called it might have ended with him in jail for murder.

Last edited:
Not sure who should extricate themselves from whom. More than a few ladies would not like the last sentence of your post, which seems to point the finger at the lady as the one at fault.

Reactions: Willin
My response was to the story she didn't want any charges filed and wanted him released immediately. Everything I read sounds like this was a very serious situation and visible injuries. Guy sounds like a POS. Once cooler heads prevail/maybe alcohol wears off she realized her life is a lot better with him making 5 million dollars than unemployed therefore wants it all to go away.

Seems half the guys on here don’t think anything of it. Or it had to be her fault. Morons.
Appears you have jumped to conclusions yourself.
I'm at a loss as to why it is so damn important to jump out to condemnation of anyone.
What's the rush? Does it involve you?
The constant need to have something to outrage about is suffocating.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Yep - find a new guy. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Quite possibly, the same goes for him. You'd be surprised how many men are actually victims of domestic abuse.
All of this is true.

If they are engaged to be married and things are already this way, then one wouldn't expect things to improve once the honeymoon is over, either. Bad behaviors tend to not only remain, but may even worsen over time.

So yeah, if you're in a situation where you're being abused (either physically or emotionally), then I'd suggest moving on, painful a decision as it may be. There are billions of people in the world. Go find another one that's not an abusive asshole.

Not sure who should extricate themselves from whom. More than a few ladies would not like the last sentence of your post, which seems to point the finger at the lady as the one at fault.
I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. They both need to consider whether this relationship is healthy or not. BTW, I've read that Beard claims to have an audio recording of the incident proving he wasn't the aggressor.

Appears you have jumped to conclusions yourself.
I'm at a loss as to why it is so damn important to jump out to condemnation of anyone.
What's the rush? Does it involve you?
The constant need to have something to outrage about is suffocating.
Like the one that said “if you make that call bye bye gravy train.” So it sounds like he bit her along with everything else. But it’s all good brother. I’ll try not to suffocate you. 👍

Yes, but it is a misogynist joke, one that is inappropriate and is out of bounds. Much like a racist joke is out of bounds. Saying it is a joke does not excuse your behavior.
I didn't think the joke was funny and the timing is poor and jokes about violence towards women and children make me uncomfortable but grow up. One of the thing that makes humor humor is the ability to offend. Jokes about race and sexes are often very funny. Do you get this offended when female comedians say jokes about men? What makes you the moral authority?

I didn't think the joke was funny and the timing is poor and jokes about violence towards women and children make me uncomfortable but grow up. One of the thing that makes humor humor is the ability to offend. Jokes about race and sexes are often very funny. Do you get this offended when female comedians say jokes about men? What makes you the moral authority?
So he was being a comedian?

ADVERTISEMENT