ADVERTISEMENT

Texts Show Chief of Staff Mark Meadows Plotting To Overturn Election

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Prolly a Pepsi but it needs to be drilled into the naysayers' heads...

Talking Points Memo reports:

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows exchanged text messages with at least 34 Republican members of Congress as they plotted to overturn President Trump’s loss in the 2020 election. Those messages are being fully, publicly documented here for the first time.
One message identified as coming from Rep. Ralph Norman (R-SC) to Meadows on January 17, 2021, three days before Joe Biden was set to take office, is a raw distillation of the various themes in the congressional correspondence.
In the text, despite a typo, Norman seemed to be proposing a dramatic last ditch plan: having Trump impose martial law during his final hours in office.

Prolly a Pepsi but it needs to be drilled into the naysayers' heads...

Talking Points Memo reports:

no-gasp.gif

Reactions: Torg and lucas80
Nah man. Twitter tampering down a story through their algorithm is a much bigger story than the Chief of Staff trying to overturn the election.
The thing I found really interesting is that they’re even telling each other trump’s lies as if they’re true - built the border wall for example. These people have lost it

The thing I found really interesting is that they’re even telling each other trump’s lies as if they’re true - built the border wall for example. These people have lost it
This quote really tells you all you need to know about this braintrust:

The claim made by Gosar reportedly originated with far right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ website, InfoWars. Gosar also included a link to an executive order signed by Trump in 2018 that called for the director of national intelligence to “conduct an assessment of any information indicating that a foreign government” attempted to interfere with the election within 45 days of ballots being cast. Gosar also sent Meadows a link to a fringe blog called “Some Bitch Told Me” and a since-deleted set of files that he said showed “Massive fraud coming out of AZ.” In total, the log shows Gosar sent Meadows 13 messages, nearly half of which came between Dec. 16-17, 2020. Based on the log, Meadows did not respond to any of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT