ADVERTISEMENT

Th Stand

Oct 25, 2020
I’ve read the book a couple times in my life and seen both of the made for tv miniseries, I find all 3 entertaining but would like to see HBO or Netflix take on a miniseries version that isn’t beholden to broadcast television rules.
the book is of course infinitely better than the two miniseries but I’ve got to give the edge of the miniseries to the 1994 version.

the 1994 version is a bit cheesier but Rob Lowe, Matt Frewer and bill faggerbakke really make the show for me.

both versions are chalk full of stars of the time but I’d say the newer one is better acted.

any of y’all fans of any of the 3 versions of the story? It is my favorite of King’s work in horror.

Reactions: BelemNole
The book is an alltimer.

I haven't seen the new miniseries, but I enjoyed the one from the 90s. Where might one see the newer one if one were to want to stream it?

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Moral
I really liked the mini series on Paramount+. I have watched it a few times now.

Reactions: McLovin32
I’ve read the book a couple times in my life and seen both of the made for tv miniseries, I find all 3 entertaining but would like to see HBO or Netflix take on a miniseries version that isn’t beholden to broadcast television rules.
the book is of course infinitely better than the two miniseries but I’ve got to give the edge of the miniseries to the 1994 version.

the 1994 version is a bit cheesier but Rob Lowe, Matt Frewer and bill faggerbakke really make the show for me.

both versions are chalk full of stars of the time but I’d say the newer one is better acted.

any of y’all fans of any of the 3 versions of the story? It is my favorite of King’s work in horror.
The book is one of my 2 favorite novels of all time (along with East of Eden). A lot of people point to the Dark Tower series as King’s best (and it’s great), but The Stand is it for me. So many great characters and attention to detail.

The book is one of my 2 favorite novels of all time (along with East of Eden). A lot of people point to the Dark Tower series as King’s best (and it’s great), but The Stand is it for me. So many great characters and attention to detail.
You have some great taste. Those are two of my favorites as well. Might add a Prayer for Owen Meany.

Reactions: hawkifann
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT