ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Hawkeyes!

kcgolfer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Yes a disappointing end to the year but let’s not forget the great memories you gave us all. Being Big Ten Champions is not a small thing!!! Thank you for a very entertaining season!

For those not returning, thank you so much for being a Hawkeye! Lest we forget! Best wishes to all of you in your next chapter in life!!! Go Hawks Forever!

I've been busy with family issues since the Hawk men lost to Richmond, so I haven't had much time to follow new threads since then. I was scrolling to see if there was a thank you thread. Took a while, but finally found one. Sadly, no one else has commented.

I also want to thank and congratulate the Hawk men's players and coaches on a very good season. No experts predicted a Hawk winning record in the B10. And prior to the team's great run in Feb-March, not many would have predicted a BTT title.

Like everyone else, I was disappointed with the Richmond loss. The season would have been even sweeter with a run in The Dance. But, I have to remind myself that my disappointment and heartache as a fan is a drop in the bucket compared to that the players and coaches are feeling. They put so much time and effort into each season, including this one.

I won't forget the BTT title and how you players and coaches kept working hard to turn that 4-6 start into a winning conference season. Very impressive!

I agree. No one feels worse than the players. Fans need to sleep on things before emoting with their comments and then remember the moments of great joy that both the men and women teams provided this year. From JBO's emotional remarks post-Richmond to Caitlin's "fuel to the fire" for next year, you know that we have great Hawkeyes who love to compete. Very glad to have them on our side. Thanks for the many, many good moments this season and ...... Go HAWKs!!

Hey it was a great run and maybe the most fun I've had from a season of Iowa basketball. I saw some amazing stuff and not just from Keegan. Of course we wanted more but sometimes you just don't get what you want.

I always remember in high school we lost a home game and really played bad. I came out of the locker room and a lot of parents were waiting around and one of them looked at me and said, "Well, you'll have games like that." Stuck with me.

Ok...I'll bite. Thank you for the Tourney Banner that will gather dust in the rafters of Cricket Hawkeye Arena. Having said that, Fran is still a lazy recruiter and a subpar bench coach.

Winning 8 out of their last 10 conference games was
a big surprise. Winning 4 games in a row in the Big Ten
Tournament for the Championship was an even bigger
surprise. Finishing with a composite record of 25-10
was wonderful. Congratulations on a great season.

Reactions: 24 so far
Expectations are a product of your past performance.
Hmmm. When this year's pre-season predictions were made, Iowa had finished in the top half in the B10 eight of the previous nine years. (Now, it's 9 of 10.) If your statement holds water, wouldn't Iowa have been predicted to finish in the top half again?

Ok...I'll bite. Thank you for the Tourney Banner that will gather dust in the rafters of Cricket Hawkeye Arena. Having said that, Fran is still a lazy recruiter and a subpar bench coach.
This thread was an opportunity for fans to show their appreciation for the hard work of our players and coaches. Lord knows there are plenty of threads meant to criticize them. Would it be that much of a burden for you to recognize and maybe even thank them for this effort? Or at least keep your negativity out of this thread?

While I don't know you and hate to make assumptions, based on your comment I'd guess you might have low self-esteem and the need to rely on strangers such as those affiliated with a sports team to bring you happiness or satisfaction. Sad.

Reactions: LeroyHawk
A lot of people who post negative things on a board for Hawkeyes must be ISU fans or degenerate gamblers who lost money on a game. I wish both types would leave.

Reactions: Willin
Winning 8 out of their last 10 conference games was
a big surprise. Winning 4 games in a row in the Big Ten
Tournament for the Championship was an even bigger
surprise. Finishing with a composite record of 25-10
was wonderful. Congratulations on a great season.
The record was 26-10, second most wins in history.

And right on Q. Negative Nancy, er...Michael the coke snorter.....

ADVERTISEMENT