ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Merry Christmas Hawkeye brothers & sisters!

cidsports

HB King
First, we want to thank each of you for your thoughts, your condolences and your prayers for the recent passing of my mother, who has always been a part of my Hawkeye journey over the past 50+ years!

Merry Christmas everyone on the eve of it's celebration for me and my immediate family here in ICR.

What an extraordinary year for Hawkeye nation, as we have witnessed outstanding sports from Iowa's men's and women's basketball, wrestling and finally football, as the 22nd season of the Kirk Ferentz era at the helm.

Next season will be the 40th anniversary of Kirk Ferentz's arrival to Hawkeye nation and for me, our first Rose Bowl season.

The season began with a beautiful 10-7 win over Nebraska, the first victory in my lifetime.

It ended with a trip to the Rose Bowl game, pregame festivities and my first Rose Bowl parade live with my late mother and father. And, fond memories of the the 1979 Big Ten basketball title, the 1980 Final Four run and the arrival of J Hayden Fry. #RIP

To those who love my personality on this board. Thank you. To those who don't, well, Rivals does offer a good ignore feature, which I have personally found useful, on occasion.

My passion for Hawkeye sports was influenced greatly growing up in Cedar Rapids, from parents who were active fans and season ticket holders for various Hawkeye sports from my birth. My sister and brother each attended the University of Iowa, from the start. I was too young to remember my sister's high school days.

And, if you need a little sport tomorrow, the Hawkeyes and Gophers play basketball tomorrow!

Hopefully, March Madness will be celebrated again. I know my mother would be happy for that. RIP 🙏

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News