ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Nile and all the other vets.

SuperSK

HR MVP
Oct 29, 2001
Sorry this is so late , but the namesake of out stadium died piloting his plane in the Pacific dusting WW2. Nile is a hero, but today I wanted to start a thread thanking all our service women and men for their heroism. Despite all our political differences, we are still the greatest nation and democracy the world has ever known. So on this Veterans Day I say a heartfelt THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. 😎❤️🏈

Last edited:
Sorry this is so late , but the namesake of out stadium died piloting his plane in the Pacific dusting WW2. Kyle is a hero, but today I wanted to start a thread thanking all our service women and men for their heroism. Despite all our political differences, we are still the greatest nation and democracy the world has ever known. So on this Veterans Day I say a heartfelt THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. 😎❤️🏈

Who is the Kyle you are referring to? And I agree with your sentiment. I would say none of us on this forum were old enough to know about WW2 but maybe some still know of some really old vets. We cannot minimize the evil they were fighting against and the idea that they had to win. Those men and women in uniform did not want to be in a war but they had to. And after all of that the nature of humans still allows people who want to be dictators and many people who let them be that way because they want someone to tell them what to do.

It makes sports and most of life seem so easy going.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Who is the Kyle you are referring to? And I agree with your sentiment. I would say none of us on this forum were old enough to know about WW2 but maybe some still know of some really old vets. We cannot minimize the evil they were fighting against and the idea that they had to win. Those men and women in uniform did not want to be in a war but they had to. And after all of that the nature of humans still allows people who want to be dictators and many people who let them be that way because they want someone to tell them what to do.

My bad, corrected it to Nile. Thanks 😎❤️🏈

Thank you veterans and all active military.

On a side note. Has anyone noticed the Nile Kinnick statue looks far more like Kirk Ferentz than Nile Kinnick?

Go Hawks! I wouldn’t want to be the Badger offense tomorrow.

I also agree with the sentiment, but for historical purposes, Kinnick died in a A/C training accident in the Carribean. Remember: All vets gave some, Some gave all.

I also agree with the sentiment, but for historical purposes, Kinnick died in a A/C training accident in the Carribean. Remember: All vets gave some, Some gave all.

Why are you telling me about where Nile K died as I know he was on a training flight down south. It was the OP who said he died in the Pacific but I was not going to correct them.

Sorry this is so late , but the namesake of out stadium died piloting his plane in the Pacific dusting WW2. Nile is a hero, but today I wanted to start a thread thanking all our service women and men for their heroism. Despite all our political differences, we are still the greatest nation and democracy the world has ever known. So on this Veterans Day I say a heartfelt THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. 😎❤️🏈
Awesome AWESOME post my Hawkeye friend and family member!

Reactions: skydog0784
We salute all veterans!

God Bless The USA!!

Why are you telling me about where Nile K died as I know he was on a training flight down south. It was the OP who said he died in the Pacific but I was not going to correct them.
I certainly apologize. I am an old fart and did not realize the post reflected upon you.

ADVERTISEMENT