ADVERTISEMENT

Thankful, grateful and blessed: Hawkeye Football

cidsports

HB King
My birthday back in 1974, my dad handed me a ticket or note, for the season. Thankful - Grateful - Blessed 💞

My first game at Kinnick Stadium, I was hooked, immediately, as the 0-1 Hawkeyes upset a Top 20 UCLA team.

1977 - renewal game, my first CyHawk Game.

Best seasons a Hawk fan 👏🏽
  • 1981, 8-4 Iowa won their first Big Ten co-championship under third-year Hayden Fry & first year offensive
  • 1982 another 8-4 season, with Iowa first bowl win, since the two Rose Bowls on the 1950s under Evy

Man, despite all the national and Hawkeye bullshit, when Iowa was 3-4 this season. If Iowa gets to 8-4 in 2022, this season will go down as one of the best.

Iowa Football is a Family. It is a team, an offense, a defense, and special teams. Coaches, players and their families. Yes, as fans, we want more, but I am thankful, I am grateful and we are blessed for the past 41 years, with Hayden Fry and Kirk Ferentz at the helm.

Happy Thanksgiving Hawkeye Family 💞

By the way, that first game was up in Ann Arbor. Michigan has always been a game, I want each and every year.

Will Iowa win Friday and play them again?

Or, do we get another shot with Ohio State. This could be a special season, in the end.

Reactions: Ruinous
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News