ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Biden: Britain To See 80% Increase In Household Energy Bills

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
That Biden guy sure is powerful...

The Associated Press reports:

U.K. residents will see an 80% increase in their annual household energy bills, the country’s energy regulator announced Friday, following a record 54% spike in April. That will bring costs for the average customer from 1,971 pounds ($2,332) a year to 3,549 pounds.
The latest price cap — the maximum amount that gas suppliers can charge customers per unit of energy — will take effect Oct. 1, just as the cold months set in. And bills are expected to rise again in January to 4,000 pounds.
To blame for the increase is the soaring price of wholesale natural gas triggered by Russia’s war in Ukraine, which is driving up consumer prices and roiling economies across Europe that rely on the fuel for heating homes and generating electricity.

Ukraine had best gain control of as much territory as they can over the next eight weeks....

Wait until we see the increase in our natural gas bills this winter. It was a little over $5 last December. It's over $9 right now.

Last edited:
Wait until we see the increase in our natural gas bills this winter. It was a little over $5 last December. It's over $9 right now.
Bring it on! My biggest asset is a liquified natural gas startup. We're going to be exporting an insane amount of it to Europe now and in the coming future driving our domestic price up with it. I've been loading up on options contracts on various natural gas ETFs to hopefully hedge against heating my own house this winter. My early ones have already doubled.

If only A world leader would have predicted allowing Russia to control so much of the natural gas production for Europe and NATO countries was a horrible idea. I’m sure they would have been mocked if they made that prediction.

I’m honestly debating pulling the trigger on a geo install….and NG prices are really starting to make me think I should just go for it

Hasn’t Germany basically shut down their Nuclear reactors in order to buy gas from Russia
and? It's the reason I included it. The sooner you are energy independent the sooner you don't have to put up with russian the arab countries and polluting our earth.
We should be putting a much higher emphasis/money to green energies. This solves a lot of problems like transportation and water.

and? It's the reason I included it. The sooner you are energy independent the sooner you don't have to put up with russian the arab countries and polluting our earth.
We should be putting a much higher emphasis/money to green energies. This solves a lot of problems like transportation and water.
It means that they are going the opposite way

Bring it on! My biggest asset is a liquified natural gas startup. We're going to be exporting an insane amount of it to Europe now and in the coming future driving our domestic price up with it. I've been loading up on options contracts on various natural gas ETFs to hopefully hedge against heating my own house this winter. My early ones have already doubled.
Good job. Just don't wait too long to sell. Nothing lasts forever.

ADVERTISEMENT