ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Gary Barta for scheduling the….

Yes, Iowa State is trash.

My “game”.. bud.. is Barta and Iowa football need to get out of the exact style of scheduling we’ve got coming up in 2023. It’s weak, boring, and does almost nothing for our ‘brand’

Get rid of Iowa F***king State and branch the f**k out for god’s sake
I agree with many of the commenters that the schedule next year is just boring. It would be great if Iowa could play OSU and Michigan nearly every year just like the ‘good ol days’ when the Big Ten was actually 10 teams. If this were the case, I don’t think people would be complaining as much about the out-of-conference schedule. I think Nebby was supposed to help fix this problem, but unfortunately they turned out to be average at best and have lost their luster/cache.

Maybe having USC in the mix and shaking up the conference will help in the future if Iowa is not going to schedule more interesting P5 teams. 🤷

I agree with many of the commenters that the schedule next year is just boring. It would be great if Iowa could play OSU and Michigan nearly every year just like the ‘good ol days’ when the Big Ten was actually 10 teams. If this were the case, I don’t think people would be complaining as much about the out-of-conference schedule. I think Nebby was supposed to help fix this problem, but unfortunately they turned out to be average at best and have lost their luster/cache.

Maybe having USC in the mix and shaking up the conference will help in the future if Iowa is not going to schedule more interesting P5 teams. 🤷

For the record Hayden Fry didn’t play Ohio State every year. I don’t remember for sure how many times we missed them, but we did not play them every year!

For the record Hayden Fry didn’t play Ohio State every year. I don’t remember for sure how many times we missed them, but we did not play them every year!
Respectfully, please see my comment again. It says ‘nearly’. For further clarification, they played at least one or the other every year.

Reactions: hawkhockey
Respectfully, please see my comment again. It says ‘nearly’. For further clarification, they played at least one or the other every year.

I get it brother but most of our fans seem to think we played Ohio State every year under Hayden and we did not.

And although we played Michigan even more, we did not fare particularly well against them, again under Hayden!

Utah State, W. Michigan, and Iowa State…that portion is straight trash.

No OSU or Michigan?? Garbage.
Alabama schedule this year Utah State, Texas, LA Monroe, Austin Peay. Texas was decent this year but ISU beat them the previous 3 years. Kentucky two MAC schools, a FCS and one power 5. See other SEC schools for the same. Sure helps them get to bowl games.

Hayden years prior to PSU. Yes, I know PSU joined in 90, but I decided to continue to list the consecutive years until it stopped in the 90s.

OSU- 78-80, 83-92
Mich- 81-94

PSU joined conference in 1990 so schedules were altered in the 90s for this as the BIG added more teams.

When 9 out of 12 games are Big Ten games, your SOS is probably going to look pretty decent no matter what.

I've gotta admit that the non-con games Iowa plays, other than the ISU Rivalry, are usually pretty yawn-inducing for me. I'd like to see where our non-con SOS ranks, but as has been pointed out, most programs have a couple cupcakes in the non-con. Iowa just never schedules anyone real high profile.

Reactions: hawkhockey
35th, 20th, 23rd, 13th, 27th, 10th & 44th ranked schedule the last 7 years…

Thought it would be good to have this at the top of the board so the dopes that think we win games because we play an awful schedule have a place to go and correct themselves….

we have barta to thank for the 130th ranked offense so #$%& you gary

or just have an average offense

Lots of teams with average offenses losing games, it’s not just a….”oh gee if our offense rated 60spots better we’d win. “

That’s what people mean when they talk about. “living in a vacuum”… Sure if every other scenario stayed the same, a @littke@ bit better offense makes us better, but it doesn’t work like that. The other teams are playing us like we play them, meaning we often times shut things down when we get a certain amount of a lead, it’s not nearly as simple as many of you make it.

We could have a 70-80 point better offense by the metrics, and still lose the same amount of games

Yeah we will have total agreement on subjective judgments.
You'd have a hard time finding any soul in the college football world that would say that Iowa State is in any way superior to any of these other programs that have played B1G teams in the past 7 seasons:

Oklahoma (Neb, OSU), Colorado (Neb, MN, MI), Oregon (Neb, Purd, OSU), Oregon St (MN, OSU), Notre Dame (WI, Purd, MSU, MI, OSU), BYU (WI, MSU), LSU (WI), Virginia (IL, IN), North Carolina (IL), Missouri (Purd), Boston College (Purd, Rut), Louisville (Purd), Cincinnati (Purd, IN, MI, OSU), Syracuse (Purd, MD, Rut), Wake Forest (IN), Miami-FL (MSU), Arizona St (MSU), Washington (MSU, MI, Rut), Florida (MI), TCU (OSU), Auburn (PSU), Pittsburgh (PSU), West Virginia (MD), Texas (MD).

And future schedules look just as bad.

Am I supposed to kiss GB's arse for continually extending the Iowa St series?

Thanks for playing. Is that all?

You'd have a hard time finding any soul in the college football world that would say that Iowa State is in any way superior to any of these other programs that have played B1G teams in the past 7 seasons:

Oklahoma (Neb, OSU), Colorado (Neb, MN, MI), Oregon (Neb, Purd, OSU), Oregon St (MN, OSU), Notre Dame (WI, Purd, MSU, MI, OSU), BYU (WI, MSU), LSU (WI), Virginia (IL, IN), North Carolina (IL), Missouri (Purd), Boston College (Purd, Rut), Louisville (Purd), Cincinnati (Purd, IN, MI, OSU), Syracuse (Purd, MD, Rut), Wake Forest (IN), Miami-FL (MSU), Arizona St (MSU), Washington (MSU, MI, Rut), Florida (MI), TCU (OSU), Auburn (PSU), Pittsburgh (PSU), West Virginia (MD), Texas (MD).

And future schedules look just as bad.

Am I supposed to kiss GB's arse for continually extending the Iowa St series?

Thanks for playing. Is that all?

Again the schedule rank is what it is and it’s good ! Nothing left to say!

Reactions: Bishop1971
35th, 20th, 23rd, 13th, 27th, 10th & 44th ranked schedule the last 7 years…

Thought it would be good to have this at the top of the board so the dopes that think we win games because we play an awful schedule have a place to go and correct themselves….

The conference schedule is set by the B1G conference you dope. And our OOC opponents aren't doing our SoS any favors. Lol.

Quite the crusade you are on with this. I've said repeatedly that Kirk is very fortunate to have been put in the big ten west and I firmly stand by that but it leads me to the question.... Do you really think Iowa would have as many wins and two division titles if they had been playing Rutgers' or Indiana's conference schedules these past 8 seasons? Go take a look. If you answer yes you are on crack or just delusional
Im Confused. Are you saying Iowa could have done as good in the East as the West ? If you think that its ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Im fine with it.

Im Confused. Are you saying Iowa could have done as good in the East as the West ? If you think that its ok. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Im fine with it.
I am catching what your saying. Forget my previous post.

Reactions: blhawk
The conference schedule is set by the B1G conference you dope. And our OOC opponents aren't doing our SoS any favors. Lol.

As I’ve now said 10 times today and 500 times over time, our schedule rank is very good…it doesn’t matter who is responsible. It was a comment used to get to a point, Iowa does NOT have to apologize to their schedule. It is good enough!

As I’ve now said 10 times today and 500 times over time, our schedule rank is very good…it doesn’t matter who is responsible. It was a comment used to get to a point, Iowa does NOT have to apologize to their schedule. It is good enough!
Lol, you might want to check your thread title.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk
The schedule rank IS what it is, nothing more needs be said. It’s a good schedule and the what if game can be played for every team….

Ask yourself this…..do think Ohio St would prefer to play Iowa every year or Rutgers/Indiana…see how easy that is…

Don’t be delusional now!

I posted it because this way those that you might influence that aren’t just whiny bitches like you guys, can see that in reality. Iowa has played good schedules!
Holy shit you are one triggered little bitch over this , why are you so insecure about the program if you think everything is so great? I'm glad you are so impressed the SOS has cracked the top 20 in 3 of the last 7 seasons but that's just not that great.

For the record I never said nor have I ever heard anyone on here suggest they were playing a mountain west caliber schedule like you insinuate, I just said KF has been very fortunate to be in the west which most logical fans would agree with. I suppose you think it's a total coincidence the 2 years Iowa won the west were years they didn't have to play Michigan or OSU, huh? Don't answer....

I hate to break it to you but the west is a national laughingstock and until a west team wins a single BTCG that won't change. The way they split up the divisions just isn't fair and that has been good for Iowa but that will soon be a thing of the past so we will see how things go after .

Maybe you should be a man of your word and retire from the board since you are so sensitive about any post that doesn't paint KF and Iowa in a glowing light. Seems like it might be good for your mental health

I fear this will be upsetting to you, but our brand is actually pretty damn good based on our recruiting and various other things… And if you would like to quit playing Iowa State, I am all on board with that, but that’s a state constitution thing right there my friend
I don’t mind playing Iowa State, at least since they have been relatively decent. It is the FCS teams. As mentioned above nothing to gain and everything to lose. Home and Home with P5’s is what we need…

Reactions: Footbol
My really only complaint with the scheduling is the non-conference. It would be cool to play another power 5 matchup more often - like a home-home with ND, Oregon, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. I have no clue if that's a Barta decision or not
Dreaming. Those schools won't come to Iowa City, with possible exception of Oregon, who last visited in about 1989 or so.

My beef with the scheduling is that Barta has said we absolutely need 7 home games. OK, I get that...to an extent. But are ya telling me we can’t sacrifice ONE home game a decade in order to get a P5 home and home, or a neutral site game? Is the athletic department really going in the red with a SINGLE home game being sacrificed one time?

With the amount of TV money growing more and more, I have to question how valid this reasoning is. It’s so weird how many other AD’s can make it work.

Reactions: Footbol
My beef with the scheduling is that Barta has said we absolutely need 7 home games. OK, I get that...to an extent. But are ya telling me we can’t sacrifice ONE home game a decade in order to get a P5 home and home, or a neutral site game? Is the athletic department really going in the red with a SINGLE home game being sacrificed one time?

With the amount of TV money growing more and more, I have to question how valid this reasoning is. It’s so weird how many other AD’s can make it work.

What other ADs are giving up the 7th home game to schedule a second P5 OOC game? They aren't any, so stop using that straw man.

Everyone else is playing one P5 and two cupcakes. Michigan played 8 home games this year, with giant OOC games against Colorado State, Hawaii and UConn. They had a worse schedule ranking than Iowa, yet had no problem making the CFP.

What other ADs are giving up the 7th home game to schedule a second P5 OOC game? They aren't any, so stop using that straw man.

Everyone else is playing one P5 and two cupcakes. Michigan played 8 home games this year, with giant OOC games against Colorado State, Hawaii and UConn. They had a worse schedule ranking than Iowa, yet had no problem making the CFP.
And for 2023 big mighty Michigan has East Carolina, UNLV & Bowling Green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Ya sure about that?

Boston College
Duke
Georgia Tech
Miami (FL)

All played 6 home games and TWO P5 teams in the non-conference.

That’s just in the ACC, the first conference I looked at. I can keep going if you’d like?

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
ADVERTISEMENT