ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Harris-Biden

Personally, i think the American flag is a piece of cloth. I've seen hundreds hanging in implement weather being ripped to shreds no one is being arrested for "flag abuse".

Jesus, the things people obsess over. A SCOTUS Justice 'symbolically desecrates' the national banner by hanging it upside down and it's cool with the ultra-right. Burning the Stars and Stripes has been an historical exercise of protest. The foundations of the country have not crumbled.

It's an expression of protest the right has never embraced or understood due their shallowness. Individual's displeasure with government warrants the means to demonstrate it. The degree of demonstration raises as the severity of the situation increases and/or is ignored.

The Vietnam War is no doubt the most volatile civil era in our history. Public outcry brought the end to the horrific situation after millions protested for years. Flags were burned. People were beaten. jailed, shot by National Guard troops. 56,000(+) young Americans lost their lives in a foreign land for absolutely no reason, and if these protests had not brought the conflict to an end, the nightly kill counter we all saw on our TVs would have kept climbing.

We are guaranteed the right to express ourselves and to speak our minds. Consider it that weren't the case.

Personally, i think the American flag is a piece of cloth. I've seen hundreds hanging in implement weather being ripped to shreds no one is being arrested for "flag abuse".

Jesus, the things people obsess over. A SCOTUS Justice 'symbolically desecrates' the national banner by hanging it upside down and it's cool with the ultra-right. Burning the Stars and Stripes has been an historical exercise of protest. The foundations of the country have not crumbled.

It's an expression of protest the right has never embraced or understood due their shallowness. Individual's displeasure with government warrants the means to demonstrate it. The degree of demonstration raises as the severity of the situation increases and/or is ignored.

The Vietnam War is no doubt the most volatile civil era in our history. Public outcry brought the end to the horrific situation after millions protested for years. Flags were burned. People were beaten. jailed, shot by National Guard troops. 56,000(+) young Americans lost their lives in a foreign land for absolutely no reason, and if these protests had not brought the conflict to an end, the nightly kill counter we all saw on our TVs would have kept climbing.

We are guaranteed the right to express ourselves and to speak our minds. Consider it that weren't the case.
At the risk of sounding unAmerican, I concur with your thinking. As I mentioned earlier, I think folks who “burn the flag” say much more about themselves and their lack of maturity than it does about the nation they are protesting. Would I do it? Probably not. I wouldn’t encourage anyone to do it either. As I used to tell my kids……”Use your words”…..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT