ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Harry Reid!!!!

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Last edited:
The rule change would have also been available to McConnell even if Reid didn't use it. In 2017 Mitch extended it to the Supreme Court to get in Gorusch.

I like this argument. So if the Republicans rely on it, there’s no issue.

Do you see any Democrats complaining that there isn't a filibuster? This seems to be an effort to put salt in the wounds of the Democrats for getting rid of a completely undemocratic process anyway. Because ownin' the libs is all the matters for most of the GOP these days. Pretty pathetic, really.

Mitch and the GOP would stop at nothing to get what they want and if Reid hadn't done that then there would have been even more empty seats for Mitch to fill. Maybe that's why this keeps getting brought up.

I see people here complaining the Republicans might advance a nominee and rely on that rule to confirm him/her. Yes.

I don't know what gibberish this is supposed to mean but your attempt to deflect from the rampant hypocrisy of all the GOP Senators declaring that new justices couldn't be seated in the last year of a President's term and now suddenly doing an about face on that then you are failing.

I don't know what gibberish this is supposed to mean but your attempt to deflect from the rampant hypocrisy of all the GOP Senators declaring that new justices couldn't be seated in the last year of a President's term and now suddenly doing an about face on that then you are failing.
Will you change your mind if you see a senate leader (dem) saying their is nothing stopping a president from nominating a justice in their last year?
Just wondering.

Will you change your mind if you see a senate leader (dem) saying their is nothing stopping a president from nominating a justice in their last year?
Just wondering.

Change my mind on what, that Republicans are hypocrites? Of course not. They set this standard for themselves when it was advantageous for them and now I expect them to follow it. But instead, they will play politics, doing the exact thing that so many GOP voters complain about with Democrats but seem to not care at all when Republicans do it. You watch, you'll be the first person complaining on here when Democrats eliminate the filibuster and expand the Supreme Court.

I'll tell you right now, I don't like the Democrats doing that (stacking the courts, the filibuster can go to hell), but given what the Republicans are doing they don't have a choice if they ever hope to be able to govern.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Then put down your bottle.

I guess I don't understand how Republicans are relying on the filibuster rule to nominate a candidate. Oh, and Republicans are still hypocrites and you support hypocrisy. Might not be a big deal to you right now but any future complaining about Democratic hypocrisy won't mean much coming from you.

Change my mind on what, that Republicans are hypocrites? Of course not. They set this standard for themselves when it was advantageous for them and now I expect them to follow it. But instead, they will play politics, doing the exact thing that so many GOP voters complain about with Democrats but seem to not care at all when Republicans do it. You watch, you'll be the first person complaining on here when Democrats eliminate the filibuster and expand the Supreme Court.

I'll tell you right now, I don't like the Democrats doing that (stacking the courts, the filibuster can go to hell), but given what the Republicans are doing they don't have a choice if they ever hope to be able to govern.

So the Dems flex their muscles and change the rule.

The Republicans say it’s a bad idea and they will use it against them.

And now the rule might be used against the Dems and what they’re crying foul. Hysterical.

So the Dems flex their muscles and change the rule.

The Republicans say it’s a bad idea and they will use it against them.

And now the rule might be used against the Dems and what they’re crying foul. Hysterical.

They are crying foul because of what the GOP established as precedent in 2016. Are you really this stupid?

Seriously, trying to twist this into some non-existent filibuster debate? Weak.

See above. Feel free to let your lips move as you read if it helps.

Your sentence structure still sucks. But I changed my response because the one you quoted was too petty.

And being a dickhead on here isn't helping your argument.

Why did Reid change the rule?

If Reid hadn't changed the rule, would Mitch have changed the rule in 2017? Or would Mitch have let dems filibuster all his judicial nominees?

If Reid hadn't changed the rule, would Mitch have changed the rule in 2017? Or would Mitch have let dems filibuster all his judicial nominees?

the filabuster was changed for federal judicial nominees for the lower courts because the GOP blocked Nearly every Obama nomination. The GOP decided to harm the judiciary and infringe on litigant. Ending filibuster was not for SCOTUS, but the GOP jumped on the political opportunity—considering most mouth breathing clock punchers wouldn’t know the difference

Reactions: Moral
Changing your post like you wish you could change Reid’s rule, huh? Isn’t that fancy.
Biohawk exists in the lunatic left world where everything the Democrats do is pure as snow and non Democrats are the worst and are hypocrites. It is a remarkable thing to witness. The posts from this point forward will be in full lunatic left mode

the filabuster was changed for federal judicial nominees for the lower courts because the GOP blocked Nearly every Obama nomination. The GOP decided to harm the judiciary and infringe on litigant. Ending filibuster was not for SCOTUS, but the GOP jumped on the political opportunity—considering most mouth breathing clock punchers wouldn’t know the difference

You incredibly stupid move by the Dems in 2013.

They’d be able to block Trumps nominee until the election if it wasn’t for this short sighted action.....

Stupid then and really unfortunate now...

They got cocky because they thought they would never be out of power ever again.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Republicans = bad and do things based on politics
Democrats/my team = do things based on pure/honorable beliefs

Biohawk exists in the lunatic left world where everything the Democrats do is pure as snow and non Democrats are the worst and are hypocrites. It is a remarkable thing to witness. The posts from this point forward will be in full lunatic left mode
That's fine. Remember this when the Democrats add court members. All I want is the Republicans to use the same rules they used in 2016. I would expect the Democrats to do the same. If you think what the Cons are about to do is okay then you're one of those people who thinks cheating is okay if you can get away with it. It means you wouldn't have ethics or morals.

That's fine. Remember this when the Democrats add court members. All I want is the Republicans to use the same rules they used in 2016. I would expect the Democrats to do the same. If you think what the Cons are about to do is okay then you're one of those people who thinks cheating is okay if you can get away with it. It means you wouldn't have ethics or morals.

They will be the first ones here starting 75 threads complaining about this and making up arguments about how Democrats only play politics and even showing them this thread will not change their minds. Hell, they aren't actually responding to anything Democrats post in this thread. They are just making up their own argument because they can't defend the GOP's behavior right now or in any way justify as anything other than what they like to blame Democrats for.

It really is quite remarkable how they are willing to listen to right wing propaganda over their own eyes and ears.

It‘s been a long four years. Your pain is almost over.

Nah, Trump's shitting on my country's effects will likely last decades. It's a lot easier to tear something apart than it is to build it up.

ADVERTISEMENT