ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to Joe Biden 8 suspected terrorists with possible ISIS ties crossed through the southern border into the U.S.

RicoSuave102954

HB Heisman
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa

8 suspected terrorists with possible ISIS ties arrested in New York, L.A. and Philadelphia, sources say​

The men from Tajikistan came to the U.S. through the southern border.

Eight men from Tajikistan with potential ties to ISIS out of central Asia were arrested over the weekend in New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, three people familiar with the matter told NBC News on Tuesday.

The suspects had been on the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force radar and were arrested by personnel with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, better known as ICE, the sources say.

All eight men crossed through the southern border into the U.S.

At least two of the men crossed the border in spring 2023, and one of those men used the CBP One app, which the Biden administration created to allow migrants to book appointments to claim asylum, those officials say.

Sad this is only the tip of the iceberg on the terrorists that Joe Biden has welcomed into this country.

Seems like we have a vetting issue at the border.
The system must be improved or reduced to zero asylum seekers.

Impressive, the FBI found all eight after such a long time.

A vetting issue?

How, exactly, are we supposed to vet illegals from most non-European countries?

Reactions: goldmom

If you’re disappointed in the efforts of our FBI then good for you.
If we had control of our border then maybe the FBI doesn’t need to spend time and taxpayers money tracking these people down.

A vetting issue?

How, exactly, are we supposed to vet illegals from most non-European countries?

I would think a similar process was used by the FBI to track them down. The task force identified the possible connection. Is that information that could be included during the vetting process?
The eight guys passed criminal background checks at the southern border, so there is a process in place that failed to identify the ISIS connection. So, as stated, improve the process, or you have to cut asylum seekers to zero.

If you’re disappointed in the efforts of our FBI then good for you.
If we had control of our border then maybe the FBI doesn’t need to spend time and taxpayers money tracking these people down.

I stated it was a good job by the FBI, not sure how you can turn that into me being disappointed in their efforts. A year has passed since 8 people with possible ISIS ties crossed the southern border, for the task force to track them and then arrest them is a hell of a job.

Dont disagree about border security, again as stated, improve the process or cut asylum seekers crossing to zero

I stated it was a good job by the FBI, not sure how you can turn that into me being disappointed in their efforts. A year has passed since 8 people with possible ISIS ties crossed the southern border, for the task force to track them and then arrest them is a hell of a job.

Dont disagree about border security, again as stated, improve the process or cut asylum seekers crossing to zero
It was a good Job by the FBI and sorry if I misstated my effort to convey that.
What’s a shame is that they have to dedicate their time - which we pay for - to track down these people to begin with.
Those people and many more like them shouldn’t have sauntered across an open border to begin with.

I would think a similar process was used by the FBI to track them down. The task force identified the possible connection. Is that information that could be included during the vetting process?
The eight guys passed criminal background checks at the southern border, so there is a process in place that failed to identify the ISIS connection. So, as stated, improve the process, or you have to cut asylum seekers to zero.
These were already on a terror watch list. Let that sink in. How many people aren't on the terror watch list, but are terrorists in waiting? How many weren't encountered at the border, on the list or not.

Treating the symptoms of a problem is often more time consuming and expensive than actually fixing the problem. That's especially true when it comes to the border. And then the folks causing the underlying problem blame others for not wanting to spend even more money to fix the problem, while treating the symtoms, of the problem they created.

Reactions: hawkosx and goldmom
It was a good Job by the FBI and sorry if I misstated my effort to convey that.
What’s a shame is that they have to dedicate their time - which we pay for - to track down these people to begin with.
Those people and many more like them shouldn’t have sauntered across an open border to begin with.
I don't know. If we send them back to Mexico we have zero idea what they're doing. Seems like as soon as they crossed into the US they were monitored. I'm not saying the border isn't an issue, but this scenario seems to have worked out just fine for Uncle Sam.

I don't know. If we send them back to Mexico we have zero idea what they're doing. Seems like as soon as they crossed into the US they were monitored. I'm not saying the border isn't an issue, but this scenario seems to have worked out just fine for Uncle Sam.
Why not ship them all the way back home?

These were already on a terror watch list. Let that sink in. How many people aren't on the terror watch list, but are terrorists in waiting? How many weren't encountered at the border, on the list or not.

Treating the symptoms of a problem is often more time consuming and expensive than actually fixing the problem. That's especially true when it comes to the border. And then the folks causing the underlying problem blame others for not wanting to spend even more money to fix the problem, while treating the symtoms, of the problem they created.

Yes, I am aware of that information, which is why, as I have stated twice, there needs to be a better vetting system for asylum seekers, or the border needs to be closed to asylum seekers.

These were not getaways or people who slipped through the fence; these were asylum seekers who knocked on the front door, were vetted through the system, and were let into the country.
So either we have to create a much better vetting system or reduce the number of asylum seekers to zero; I am fine either way, but one has to be implemented, as continuing a failed system puts our country at risk.

Same answer, then they're unmonitored and we have no idea what they're doing. If we knew they were a potential threat, and we knew they were trying to get into America, why not keep them close where we can keep an eye on them?
Close? LOL. How did they cross in the first place? You actually think the Mexican government- er, the Cartels - is a trusted and cooperative group?
Naïveté alive and well…

Close? LOL. How did they cross in the first place? You actually think the Mexican government- er, the Cartels - is a trusted and cooperative group?
Naïveté alive and well…
How the fvck do you imply that I'm saying the Mexican government is trustworthy? The God damned article says they passed a background check at crossing, but were monitored because of their nationality and suspected affiliations. So they obviously crossed at a controlled point.

Again, I'm not saying there isn't a problem that needs to be addressed when the GOP is willing to act like adults. All I'm saying is that in the case of these particular bad guys, I think it was done the right way, which is proven by the actual fvcking results.

Jesus, you make yourself difficult to like.

How the fvck do you imply that I'm saying the Mexican government is trustworthy? The God damned article says they passed a background check at crossing, but were monitored because of their nationality and suspected affiliations. So they obviously crossed at a controlled point.

Again, I'm not saying there isn't a problem that needs to be addressed when the GOP is willing to act like adults. All I'm saying is that in the case of these particular bad guys, I think it was done the right way, which is proven by the actual fvcking results.

Jesus, you make yourself difficult to like.
You don’t get my point - sending them back to Mexico where the cartels are in charge of the border and don’t “watch” or “monitor” jack shit except money they collect isn’t going to do a damn thing.
I’m not running for a popularity contest either, so I don’t give two 💩 if you like me or not.
Feel better?

You don’t get my point - sending them back to Mexico where the cartels are in charge of the border and don’t “watch” or “monitor” jack shit except money they collect isn’t going to do a damn thing.
I’m not running for a popularity contest either, so I don’t give two 💩 if you like me or not.
Feel better?
When did I ever say send them back to Mexico? I literally said the opposite. I said don't deport them anywhere and watch them in the United States. Which we did. And watched them closely. And arrested them when they were determined to be a threat.

When did I ever say send them back to Mexico? I literally said the opposite. I said don't deport them anywhere and watch them in the United States. Which we did. And watched them closely. And arrested them when they were determined to be a threat.
They damn sure don’t belong here on our mainland soil.
If we don’t put them on a plane and get them back to their country of origin, there’s a surplus of vacant cells at Gitmo.

They damn sure don’t belong here on our mainland soil.
If we don’t put them on a plane and get them back to their country of origin, there’s a surplus of vacant cells at Gitmo.
But they had passed a background check and at that point had committed no crime. So are you going to go to putting all undocumented immigrants in a cage? You just said above that we can't send them back to Mexico.

But they had passed a background check and at that point had committed no crime. So are you going to go to putting all undocumented immigrants in a cage? You just said above that we can't send them back to Mexico.
The 9/11 terrorists had no problem with their background checks either.
I bet you’d agree that maybe background checks totally sucked.
And I never said anything about putting undocumented illegals in cages. But you know that.

Lest we forget.

I'll just leave this here for further discussion...

FBI: Spending cuts will hamper counterintelligence, investigations

Speaker Johnson touted funding reduction to law enforcement agencies in the latest appropriations package​

Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., conducts a news conference with members of the House Republican Conference in the Cannon House Office Building on Wednesday.

Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., conducts a news conference with members of the House Republican Conference in the Cannon House Office Building on Wednesday. (Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call)
By Ryan Tarinelli
The FBI warned that funding cuts in a fiscal 2024 spending package would hamper counterintelligence activities and the ability to investigate human trafficking and crimes against children, as House Republicans this week touted funding reductions for federal law enforcement agencies.
House conservatives now have something to show in their monthslong push to slash funding at the FBI, Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, citing political bias within the agencies and criticism of policies.
Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., pointed to a 6 percent cut for the FBI at a news conference Wednesday, indicating the FBI and other entities are “really overreaching” and “have been turned in some ways against the American people.”

House Republicans created a subcommittee on the “weaponization” of the federal government based on a wide mix of complaints. Conservatives have raised grievances with a DOJ memo they say targeted parents, condemned the way the FBI has handled certain politically sensitive investigations and accused the agency of pressuring companies to censor social media.
Johnson said the spending package cuts 3 percent from the Justice Department and 7 percent from the ATF. “And that’s just a start,” Johnson said. “We have a lot more priorities and things that we need to advance.”
But those cuts were not as deep as House Republicans sought in their version of the fiscal 2024 Commerce-Justice-Science spending bill, where the FBI would have seen a more than $400 million cut to their salaries and expenses account.
Instead, the negotiated funding package would cut $32 million from that line item. Funding for that item would be $680 million less than the Biden administration had requested.

FBI response​

The FBI in a statement this week lambasted the cuts as a “win for China” because of reduced funding for counterintelligence activities.
The reductions will also “degrade” the agency’s capacity to investigate human trafficking and crimes against children, while also reducing the FBI’s ability to fight drugs, gangs and violent crime, the agency said.
The FBI also said the legislation “completely eliminates funding to maintain facilities” at the FBI Academy and the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Va.
The budget agreement “does not allow the FBI to sustain current operations needed to protect the American people,” the statement said.
Jim Pasco, executive director of the National Fraternal Order of Police, said the funding cuts are expected to hurt efforts to fight crime, as federal authorities work closely with state and local law enforcement nationwide.

“To say you support law enforcement and then withhold funding for law enforcement is at variance with common sense,” Pasco said when asked about Republican messaging.

Lest we forget.

I'll just leave this here for further discussion...

FBI: Spending cuts will hamper counterintelligence, investigations

Speaker Johnson touted funding reduction to law enforcement agencies in the latest appropriations package​

Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., conducts a news conference with members of the House Republican Conference in the Cannon House Office Building on Wednesday.

Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., conducts a news conference with members of the House Republican Conference in the Cannon House Office Building on Wednesday. (Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call)
By Ryan Tarinelli
The FBI warned that funding cuts in a fiscal 2024 spending package would hamper counterintelligence activities and the ability to investigate human trafficking and crimes against children, as House Republicans this week touted funding reductions for federal law enforcement agencies.
House conservatives now have something to show in their monthslong push to slash funding at the FBI, Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, citing political bias within the agencies and criticism of policies.
Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., pointed to a 6 percent cut for the FBI at a news conference Wednesday, indicating the FBI and other entities are “really overreaching” and “have been turned in some ways against the American people.”

House Republicans created a subcommittee on the “weaponization” of the federal government based on a wide mix of complaints. Conservatives have raised grievances with a DOJ memo they say targeted parents, condemned the way the FBI has handled certain politically sensitive investigations and accused the agency of pressuring companies to censor social media.
Johnson said the spending package cuts 3 percent from the Justice Department and 7 percent from the ATF. “And that’s just a start,” Johnson said. “We have a lot more priorities and things that we need to advance.”
But those cuts were not as deep as House Republicans sought in their version of the fiscal 2024 Commerce-Justice-Science spending bill, where the FBI would have seen a more than $400 million cut to their salaries and expenses account.
Instead, the negotiated funding package would cut $32 million from that line item. Funding for that item would be $680 million less than the Biden administration had requested.

FBI response​

The FBI in a statement this week lambasted the cuts as a “win for China” because of reduced funding for counterintelligence activities.
The reductions will also “degrade” the agency’s capacity to investigate human trafficking and crimes against children, while also reducing the FBI’s ability to fight drugs, gangs and violent crime, the agency said.
The FBI also said the legislation “completely eliminates funding to maintain facilities” at the FBI Academy and the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Va.
The budget agreement “does not allow the FBI to sustain current operations needed to protect the American people,” the statement said.
Jim Pasco, executive director of the National Fraternal Order of Police, said the funding cuts are expected to hurt efforts to fight crime, as federal authorities work closely with state and local law enforcement nationwide.

“To say you support law enforcement and then withhold funding for law enforcement is at variance with common sense,” Pasco said when asked about Republican messaging.
Deplorable traitors to our country.

Reactions: TheCainer

How are you supposed to vet the 12 million+ that just walked across unchecked? How are you going to find them now?

Not that Diapers Joe even cares.

Last edited:
How are you supposed to vet the 12 million+ that just walked across unchecked? How are you going to find them now?

Did you read the article in the OP? It is not about getaways or people entering illegally.

These were asylum seekers, they went through a legal entry point and meet with border agents. All eight passed a criminal background and were let into the country.

My comment was about the urgent need to improve our asylum seeker vetting process or stop asylum seekers from entering the US so this type of thing does not happen again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT