ADVERTISEMENT

That scramble 3 yard dump off to the fullback might’ve been our best offensive player of the season

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
And I’m serious?! That’s literally how bad it has been lol. Before I go any further let’s make a deal those of you on this board that generally have reasonable things to say, frustrated like me but not constantly Bashing this guy or that guy! When those guys jump in this thread let’s just ignore them totally and keep the discussion going.

That was the best game Petras has played in an Iowa uniform. And I even mean back to a couple years ago… He threw two questionable passes into triple coverage after that he “slowly“ scrambled around lol and mostly was able to get rid of the ball…

In fact had a nice scramble where he didn’t have anyone open but still elongated the play and ultimately threw it to the sidelines…

Definitely our problems aren’t over and any sort of a consistent pass rush will undoubtably slide him backwards but he threw with more poise and accuracy than he ever has. He threw some really, really great balls!!

Now for the haters so they don’t completely lose their minds Brian Ferentz still has to go, although I am baffled he isn’t a better coach than he is, with that said him and Kirk are the problem with the offense not Spencer Petras by the way, and they haven’t recruited good enough talent either on the offensive line or at quarterback or maybe anywhere on the offense to field a competitive unit… With that said Northwestern has played a lot of teams close and we dismantled them !!!

Bottom line I am likely just as frustrated and pissed off about this season as the “nasty folks“ I just have a better gauge of college football in its entirety than they do…

There’s bare minimum 20 teams out there who should expect at least as good a seasons or better than Iowa has routinely had that have fired coach after Coach after coach and can’t get back to it; that’s why I’m not willing to blow it all up!

Move Brian down the road, get a pro style offensive coordinator and leave him the f$&k alone…that’s my hope for this team & Kirk Ferentz!

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
Bottom line I am likely just as frustrated and pissed off about this season as the “nasty folks“ I just have a better gauge of college football in its entirety than they do…
No you don't and your posting history does not support your arrogant claim. Posters who are critical of the program, or those that disagree with you, have valid opinions also whether or not you condider them "nasty".

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
No you don't and your posting history does not support your arrogant claim. Posters who are critical of the program, or those that disagree with you, have valid opinions also whether or not you condider them "nasty".

Sorry your just shitty and don’t deserve a response…. there are thousands maybe even millions of fans like you on every single message board in the country and you’re pompous you’re arrogant and you’re shitty… Anything else friend?!

Sorry your just shitty and don’t deserve a response…. there are thousands maybe even millions of fans like you on every single message board in the country and you’re pompous you’re arrogant and you’re shitty… Anything else friend?!
Your reply proves my point.

you lost the high road.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
And I’m serious?! That’s literally how bad it has been lol. Before I go any further let’s make a deal those of you on this board that generally have reasonable things to say, frustrated like me but not constantly Bashing this guy or that guy! When those guys jump in this thread let’s just ignore them totally and keep the discussion going.

That was the best game Petras has played in an Iowa uniform. And I even mean back to a couple years ago… He threw two questionable passes into triple coverage after that he “slowly“ scrambled around lol and mostly was able to get rid of the ball…

In fact had a nice scramble where he didn’t have anyone open but still elongated the play and ultimately threw it to the sidelines…

Definitely our problems aren’t over and any sort of a consistent pass rush will undoubtably slide him backwards but he threw with more poise and accuracy than he ever has. He threw some really, really great balls!!

Now for the haters so they don’t completely lose their minds Brian Ferentz still has to go, although I am baffled he isn’t a better coach than he is, with that said him and Kirk are the problem with the offense not Spencer Petras by the way, and they haven’t recruited good enough talent either on the offensive line or at quarterback or maybe anywhere on the offense to field a competitive unit… With that said Northwestern has played a lot of teams close and we dismantled them !!!

There’s bare minimum 20 teams out there who should expect at least as good a seasons or better than Iowa has routinely had that have fired coach after Coach after coach and can’t get back to it; that’s why I’m not willing to blow it all up!

Move Brian down the road, get a pro style offensive coordinator and leave him the f$&k alone…that’s my hope for this team & Kirk Ferentz!

Petras did play well and that was a great play. I was there. It was a great day. I doubt the ship has been righted but I enjoyed the moment.

You have an interesting definition of “ignoring them totally…”

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT