ADVERTISEMENT

THAT WAS A TOTAL TEAM WIN!

Feb 25, 2008
Everybody on that roster had their moments today to contribute to this win. Our bench came up huge when they were called on. Our best players came up huge when we needed them. And whenever someone was struggling or had to go out with foul trouble, there was another guy right there to pick them up!

Total team win to clinch the Big Ten........CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :D :D :D

Everybody on that roster had their moments today to contribute to this win. Our bench came up huge when they were called on. Our best players came up huge when we needed them. And whenever someone was struggling or had to go out with foul trouble, there was another guy right there to pick them up!

True.

No!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!

Iowa--Fran--played TWELVE guys in the first half today in the BIG championship game against the #9 team in the country. And they all contributed to the win. Josh O was especially effective, and that's why several of us said he should be used today. Forcing that 3-second call on the 7-4 monolith was fabulous, and the four points were crucial. I doubt if there is another team in the country that could go 12 deep and win a conference title game against a top-ten team, but your Iowa Hawkeyes just did. Congrats to Fran for having the confidence in his players to give them a chance and to make crucial changes in the starting lineup midseason. Too bad not all coaches can do those things. That he did them turned this season from forgettable to historic.

Iowa--Fran--played TWELVE guys in the first half today in the BIG championship game against the #9 team in the country. And they all contributed to the win. Josh O was especially effective, and that's why several of us said he should be used today. Forcing that 3-second call on the 7-4 monolith was fabulous, and the four points were crucial. I doubt if there is another team in the country that could go 12 deep and win a conference title game against a top-ten team, but your Iowa Hawkeyes just did. Congrats to Fran for having the confidence in his players to give them a chance and to make crucial changes in the starting lineup midseason. Too bad not all coaches can do those things. That he did them turned this season from forgettable to historic.

JoshO played great. The points were bonus. If I had to guess, Fran doesn't like how the offense flows with JoshO on the court, but the advantage of being able to play JoshO mostly straight up vs the giants helped he defense a lot. I guess JoshO and Mulvey must have had a pack to launch shots outside the paint if they ever got into a meaningful game.

Great contributions from the bench today, especially from Josh O, Kris, Connor and shooting from Sandford, etc…

But I just love how Joe T comes in and gives the team energy, both on offense (especially transition) and on defense, too. Not sure he made any points, but I think he gets a game ball.

Great contributions from the bench today, especially from Josh O, Kris, Connor and shooting from Sandford, etc…

But I just love how Joe T comes in and gives the team energy, both on offense (especially transition) and on defense, too. Not sure he made any points, but I think he gets a game ball.
Joe had great +/- the last 3 games against tough teams with athletic guards. Whenever he came in we went on a run

-Sanfort was on fire, earned some extra minutes as he played good D and rebounded
-Connor while not hot from 3, made some solid plays down the stretch, Moxie
-Joe T was everywhere and completely disrupted Ivey, who is a fantastic player
-Saucy was critical as he can almost always take his man off the dribble and draw attention, opening things up for others

Everyone who played really elevated their effort/play. I was surprised that McC pulled so many players off the bench - I really think it surprised Purdue/Painter such that they were gassed at the end when it mattered the most whereas Iowa's players were a step faster and stronger. Great coaching move by McC!

Everyone who played really elevated their effort/play. I was surprised that McC pulled so many players off the bench - I really think it surprised Purdue/Painter such that they were gassed at the end when it mattered the most whereas Iowa's players were a step faster and stronger. Great coaching move by McC!
It was brilliant that he brought in the bigs that have very few minutes on to the biggest stage they've ever faced. Even more amazing is that he had confidence they would respond.
They did!

JoshO played great. The points were bonus. If I had to guess, Fran doesn't like how the offense flows with JoshO on the court, but the advantage of being able to play JoshO mostly straight up vs the giants helped he defense a lot. I guess JoshO and Mulvey must have had a pack to launch shots outside the paint if they ever got into a meaningful game.
Hopefully Josh sees his potential within reach and really becomes obsessed with reaching that potential. He's a behemoth, and that is always good in the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT