ADVERTISEMENT

"That's just Tiffany being Tiffany"....

One of the largest companies in the world potentially blew off a sexual harassment allegation specifically because it came from a man against a woman?

We don't know any of that but what I do know is that I would want nothing to do with dealing with this if I was in HR. You're opening yourself up to litigation and reputational risk regardless of what decision you make

f6ry0jodxak91.jpg

We don't know any of that but what I do know is that I would want nothing to do with dealing with this if I was in HR. You're opening yourself up to litigation and reputational risk regardless of what decision you make

If the roles were reversed Google would have quietly given her a very large settlement with a confidentiality agreement.

Apparently they didn't come to terms with this guy, so now the lawsuit has been filed and it's a matter of public record.

per his accusation she "touched his torso"
this dude is corporate mike spence. in HS he probably got all the female teachers arrested for verbally caressing him by saying good morning.

per his accusation she "touched his torso"
this dude is corporate mike spence. in HS he probably got all the female teachers arrested for verbally caressing him by saying good morning.

How do you think it would go if a woman in front of your wife touched your torso while also complementing your physique?

Because I imagine my wife would be going Beth Dutton on her.

Add that to a pattern of behavior including the woman saying "I know you like Asian women" and mentioning that her marriage lacked "spice"

This is textbook sexual harrassment on a guy who it seems like just wants to be a loyal and faithful spouse.

How do you think it would go if a woman in front of your wife touched your torso while also complementing your physique?

Because I imagine my wife would be going Beth Dutton on her.

Add that to a pattern of behavior including the woman saying "I know you like Asian women" and mentioning that her marriage lacked "spice"

This is textbook sexual harrassment on a guy who it seems like just wants to be a loyal and faithful spouse.
All jokes aside, I agree with hoosier. Google effed up and should be made to pay.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
While most of us would just at the chance to bang her, the reality is that he definitely made the right call. Always remember something, if a woman (or man) is willing to ruin her own marriage so easily, she won't think twice about trying to ruin yours.

While most of us would just at the chance to bang her, the reality is that he definitely made the right call. Always remember something, if a woman (or man) is willing to ruin her own marriage so easily, she won't think twice about trying to ruin yours.
sometimes I think you are my grampa. You say things just like him.

Glad I read till the end: "expressed favoritism toward high-performing employees"

Uhhhh????

If that's true that kind of makes Google look guilty then, they smeared the guy suing him by saying he expressed favorism towards higher performing employees. Don't most bosses?

A former Google executive says he has been fired after he rejected advances from a senior female member of staff, the male executive claims in a lawsuit.

Ryan Olohan said he was groped by Tiffany Miller at an upmarket Manhattan restaurant in December 2019, alleging that she told him she knew he liked Asian women, which she is, and that her marriage lacked “spice.”

Miller, who is the director of Google’s programmatic media, allegedly complemented Olohan’s physique and touched his torso while they were at Fig & Olive during a company get-together, per a report by the New York Post.

Olohan, a married father of seven, claims he was promoted to managing director of food, beverages, and restaurants and joined a team that included Miller.

The former exec said he was wary of bringing up the incident to his colleagues at first because several of them were drunk at the time—and when he did, they dismissed Miller’s advances as “Tiffany being Tiffany,” according to the lawsuit, filed on Nov. 30.

Olohan, 48, then took his concerns to human resources, which did not take any action. The lawsuit stated that a representative from the department “openly admitted…that if the complaint was ‘in reverse’—a female accusing a white male of harassment—the complaint would certainly be escalated.”

Instead, Olohan claims, Miller retaliated following his complaint and reported him to HR for unspecified “microaggressions.”

A representative for Miller denied denied his allegations in a statement to Fortune.

“This lawsuit is a fictional account of events filled with numerous falsehoods, fabricated by a disgruntled ex-employee, who was senior to Ms. Miller at Google. Ms. Miller never made any 'advance' toward Mr. Olohan, which witnesses can readily corroborate. Even more disturbing is the overt sexism and racism in Mr. Olohan‘s efforts to blame others for his termination.”

Repeated harassment

Two years after the first incident, Miller allegedly reprimanded Olohan while drunk at a Google event in December 2021—a situation that escalated to the extent that colleagues recommended she sit at the other end of the table.

Miller did apologize, the lawsuit states, but “although Google was aware that Miller’s continued harassment of Olohan stemmed from his rejection of her sexual advances, it again took no action.”

A further incident occurred in April 2022 during a company social event at a karaoke bar, when Miller once again verbally attacked Olohan while drunk, mocking him and reiterating that she knew he had a preference for Asian women with the prior knowledge that his wife is Asian.

Olohan said he felt increasingly under pressure; his supervisor told him there were “obviously too many white guys” on his management team and in July he was allegedly encouraged to fire a male employee so he could be replaced by a woman.

Olohan was then fired by Google in August, after he’d spent 16 years at the company, for not being “inclusive.” He claims that Google’s Employee Investigations Team said he’d expressed favoritism toward high-performing employees, and that he was “ableist” because he’d made comments on colleagues’ “walking pace.”

The lawsuit accuses both Google and Miller of discrimination, retaliation, and fostering a hostile work environment.

It boggles my mind how many people are willing to get shit-faced drunk while at company events/socials etc.

Never, ever, ever a good idea.

And I say this as a pretty hardcore devotee of most degeneracy!

But don't crap where you eat.

It boggles my mind how many people are willing to get shit-faced drunk while at company events/socials etc.

I have a buddy who is in pharmaceuticals, and he is a degenerate, but he tells me amazing stories about married people removing the ring at corporate events in front of their co-workers. For example he's at Disney taking the water shuttle back to the hotel and two co-workers he's been working with all day start making out like teenagers in the back of the boat. At least get back to the room before you get after each other.

Reactions: BelemNole

Yeah, a few companies back we used to have an annual big blow out parties. The LAST one some people got really hammered and started hitting on married women. One of those was the owner's wife.
We didn't have any more parties.

One of the largest companies in the world potentially blew off a sexual harassment allegation specifically because it came from a man against a woman?
And race was involved too, and predictably they're trying to use it against him.

Accused of "favoring high performing employees?" That's a crime? Shouldn't that be expected? Do any managers not favor high performing employees?

Seems this guy has a real case. Will likely depend on the judge though.

Reactions: McLovin32
Accused of "favoring high performing employees?" That's a crime? Shouldn't that be expected? Do any managers not favor high performing employees?

That lovely tidbit was initiated by the D&I branch of the HR organization at Google, I'm sure.

I won't even attend if there's alcohol present. I don't want any chance of being asked to explain what I heard/witnessed to HR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT