ADVERTISEMENT

The 2024-25 B1[8]G Ten and College Football season

cidsports

HB King
I think this is my 24th season, since I signed up for Rivals Network. I was on AOL, then the old Hawks Nest prior to Rivals and On3 sports.

I am excited for the upcoming College Football season, my 50th anniversary of my first game at Kinnick Stadium and the 12-team College Football Playoff šŸˆ

Back in 1979, the Hawkeyes were coming off an awful 2-9 season, as both Iowa State (31-0, only shutout by either team in modern era) and Michigan (34-0) blanked Iowa in Kinnick Stadium.

We all know how bad last year's offense was for the Hawkeyes. I still believe 1978 was the worst during my 50 years attending games at Kinnick. I did count the pandemic though we weren't allowed in. The astrick year* which I believe someone took offense back in 2020-21.

Iowa's offensive rooms all have been upgraded for the 2024 season. Trust the process, and Kirk Ferentz is very positive about his 26th team's experience and leadership.

The WR room is the least experience, but ahead of the 2017 room Brian Ferentz had to lean on. He found ways to win.

If they can improve run defense, EDGE rush and takeaways, they should have an opportunity. Fortunately, QB Deacon Hill and his propensity to have a fumble or interception has moved on to Utah Tech. He should do better in FCS, which was originally thought be his plan in '23.

Iowa hasn't really shined in an even year, since 2004. The Hawkeyes last co-Big Ten title was that year. Look back at past šŸ”Ÿ years of the CFB Playoff era, Iowa went 12-0 in regular season in 2015. And, the Hawks finished 2019, 2021 and 2023 with 10 wins.

The 2020 season may have been better, but it was hit by the pandemic. It also was the last year Iowa was Top 2 in scoring offense in the Big Ten.

In 2019, Iowa last played Pac-12 teams. We welcome the Pac-4 to the B1[8] Ten and the Hawkeyes should continue to be a very good special teams program heading into the 2024-25 season.

It is about stacking better days, each and every opportunity. As Brian Allen pointed out, consistency is a key.

Go Hawks šŸˆ Fight for Iowa šŸ–¤šŸ’›

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT