ADVERTISEMENT

The Atlantic: America Is Growing Apart, Possibly for Good

Agree, both sides are awful. Dems are currently in the process of ruining this great country. Will take years to overcome what Joe and his cast of misfit toys have done. Other countries are mocking us. The wacky left is very dangerous.
What "damage" has Biden done? And other countries aren't mocking us, they are terrified that the fascist elements within us are going to permanently take control of us.

I have before…not the last election because of Gaetz. Voted for a couple R’s locally. I’m a big fan of split government and have been transparent about that.
Generally speaking, being a fan of split government - or "gridlock" as we usually call it - only makes sense if you like the status quo.

In an unequal, racist nation with crumbling rights, safety net, and infrastructure, a nation that denies the approaching climate crisis and won't (can but won't) pay its bills, what kind of person likes the status quo?

Generally speaking, being a fan of split government - or "gridlock" as we usually call it - only makes sense if you like the status quo.

In an unequal, racist nation with crumbling rights, safety net, and infrastructure, a nation that denies the approaching climate crisis and won't (can but won't) pay its bills, what kind of person likes the status quo?
I don’t agree agree with your assessment….and I don’t think either party will address the problems we do have adequately if given a free hand…..split government is the way to go. Limit the damage

Not one mention of the fringe left in the article and their role in this

I don’t agree agree with your assessment….and I don’t think either party will address the problems we do have adequately if given a free hand…..split government is the way to go. Limit the damage
If the Rs win Congress - as most expect in the midterms - then I will be more favorable toward split government, since Biden's veto will be all that might save us from the theofascist R agenda. Or not, since the Taliban Court is already leading the way.

Similarly, if/when the Rs control all 3 branches - likely in 2025 and for the indefinite future - I will lament the loss of split government. Whereas it will surprise no one here if you cheer the loss of split government.

But note, my switch to yearning for the good old days of split government doesn't mean I think split government is a good idea. As I said, split government is only good for those who are in and want to keep power and preserve the status quo in our unequal, unfair society.

Right now, split government keeps us from doing better. Soon it may be all that's keeping us from getting worse.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
R: They stole the election!

D & I: Fricken morans.

D: If we lose the election democracy is dead!

R & I: Fricken morans.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Agree, both sides are awful. Dems are currently in the process of ruining this great country. Will take years to overcome what Joe and his cast of misfit toys have done. Other countries are mocking us. The wacky left is very dangerous.
Projection.

You literally don’t see what’s going on. Pure willful ignorance. After 2024 the only side that will be able to win national elections are the Republicans. Red state legislators and the SC are going to make sure of that.

Reactions: stout1
Were you going to illuminate us on “the fringe left” and it’s “role in this,” whatever you mean by “this?”
You don't think the fringe left has anything to do with the division in America? The riots, the woke culture, trans strippers with kids in the audience, etc etc etc

Reactions: SIXERS24
You literally don’t see what’s going on. Pure willful ignorance. After 2024 the only side that will be able to win national elections are the Republicans. Red state legislators and the SC are going to make sure of that.
Get out of that rabbit hole Tom….

Exactly. And we must do everything, by any means necessary, to ensure the Republicans never again hold national office. If the fascists aren't stopped and we don't ensure the Ds win everything from here on out, then the Rs will have a stranglehold on politics.

You don't think the fringe left has anything to do with the division in America? The riots, the woke culture, trans strippers with kids in the audience, etc etc etc
Riots have been a part of America’s culture since the Boston tea party. The “left” doesn’t have a monopoly on rioting. What is “woke culture? “Trans strippers?” Where? Show me STRIPPERS, not something that isn’t a stripper that kids’ parents have chosen to allow them to experience that you’re dishonestly sensationalizing. Show me trans STRIPPERS stripping for kids. I’m calling outright bullshit on that one.

You’re making shit up, and even if you weren’t, what has any of this done to influence actual policy, like Desantis’s aggressively going after gay students, minority rule in the form of an activist Supreme Court, and so on? Can you give any actual examples? You didn’t think anyone would take you to task on that, did you?

Were you going to illuminate us on “the fringe left” and it’s “role in this,” whatever you mean by “this?”

Their contribution would largely be to the culture wars. Of course that doesn't excuse the response on the right, but, that doesn't mean this group on the left isn't producing a destabilizing effect.

My opinion? I'm still waffling on whether or not the culture war problem is a major contribution to the Republican parties descent into insanity or just a stupid sideshow.

Their contribution would largely be to the culture wars. Of course that doesn't excuse the response on the right, but, that doesn't mean this group on the left isn't producing a destabilizing effect.

My opinion? I'm still waffling on whether or not the culture war problem is a major contribution to the Republican parties descent into insanity or just a stupid sideshow.
Don’t want people to push the envelope in a “culture war,” abolish the first amendment. Simple solution.

Don’t think there aren’t right wingers who haven’t considered it.

Riots have been a part of America’s culture since the Boston tea party. The “left” doesn’t have a monopoly on rioting. What is “woke culture? “Trans strippers?” Where? Show me STRIPPERS, not something that isn’t a stripper that kids’ parents have chosen to allow them to experience that you’re dishonestly sensationalizing. Show me trans STRIPPERS stripping for kids. I’m calling outright bullshit on that one.

You’re making shit up, and even if you weren’t, what has any of this done to influence actual policy, like Desantis’s aggressively going after gay students, minority rule in the form of an activist Supreme Court, and so on? Can you give any actual examples? You didn’t think anyone would take you to task on that, did you?
First day here? There's been several videos posted for ya.

Well we didn’t have the democrat party openly cheering on the riots back then either

Lol, I knew you weren’t original enough to come up with “trans strippers” all on your own.

That’s an actual woman, and she wasn’t stripping. Why doesn’t right wing media respect your intelligence enough to tell you the truth?

That said, yuck. I wouldn’t take my kids to that. But I sure wouldn’t do this bullshit with them, either. You gonna come out against this?
FGDYXgKXoAUSK7G

The "culture war" is mostly a creation of the right, not Democrats. See CRT and this "drag queen" nonsense. One of the biggest problems with the current Democratic party is that it's absolutely terrified of the culture war and tries to avoid it. See how they're scared to go after the GOP even on guns and abortion.

This nonsense where rightwing media just repeat over and over and over that it's the left pushing culture war is nonsense. Almost all coverage of what people consider to be "culture war" is fomented and produced by rightwing media.

The "culture war" is mostly a creation of the right, not Democrats. See CRT and this "drag queen" nonsense. One of the biggest problems with the current Democratic party is that it's absolutely terrified of the culture war and tries to avoid it. See how they're scared to go after the GOP even on guns and abortion.

This nonsense where rightwing media just repeat over and over and over that it's the left pushing culture war is nonsense. Almost all coverage of what people consider to be "culture war" is fomented and produced by rightwing media.
Bill Maher disagrees with you

Lol, I knew you weren’t original enough to come up with “trans strippers” all on your own.

That’s an actual woman, and she wasn’t stripping. Why doesn’t right wing media respect your intelligence enough to tell you the truth?

That said, yuck. I wouldn’t take my kids to that. But I sure wouldn’t do this bullshit with them, either. You gonna come out against this?
FGDYXgKXoAUSK7G

Wasn’t stripping? They have small pasties on their t;() and dollar bills in their g string. So what would you call it?

I don’t know if you have guns or kids, but some of the best bonding moments was when my father taught me how to shoot a gun and the many hunting trips that followed. As long as the parent is teaching the proper safety and responsibility of using a gun I don’t have a problem with it

FGDYXgKXoAUSK7G

The drag show is the least offensive, by far, of these photos and videos. The children attending will learn to be open minded and appreciate art. The gun and middle finger kids are learning violence, hate and intolerance.

Yep. He’s laughing at a spot on tweet instead of learning how the Nazis took over. Same game plan as this radical Christian Republican party. Preferring willful ignorance. I don’t get it. We all will in about 4 years.
“The dark night of fascism is always descending in the United States and yet lands only in Europe.” - Tom Wolfe

The drag show is the least offensive, by far, of these photos and videos. The children attending will learn to be open minded and appreciate art. The gun and middle finger kids are learning violence, hate and intolerance.
Are you open minded on the subject of minor attracted persons, or are you a bigot?

ADVERTISEMENT