ADVERTISEMENT

The Babadook question for horror movie fans

tumorboy

HB Legend
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
I see the tenth anniversary of it is being released for this Thursday only. Worth seeing in theater or just stream it? I’ve never seen it. But a great horror movie is about the only genre to me worth the theater experience.

Don't go into it expecting the kinds of jump scares you get from most horror movies. It's kind of a slow-burn psychological thing that gets more intense the farther you go. It's an intelligent horror movie that people seem to either love or hate.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
Don't go into it expecting the kinds of jump scares you get from most horror movies. It's kind of a slow-burn psychological thing that gets more intense the farther you go. It's an intelligent horror movie that people seem to either love or hate.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

I see the tenth anniversary of it is being released for this Thursday only. Worth seeing in theater or just stream it? I’ve never seen it. But a great horror movie is about the only genre to me worth the theater experience.
Personally, I would just stream it.

The underlying themes of parenting, grief, and trauma are actually really good. However, the kid screams a lot and tbh is kind of annoying and stressful—which is the point, but still really annoying.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
My wife loved it, I thought it was really annoying.

So ya, pretty spot on there with your last statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT