ADVERTISEMENT

The battles over carbon capture pipelines is just beginning.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Recent legislation offers incentives for capturing carbon emissions. It all has to go somewhere, somehow I linked this article because it has an Iowa mention. Not every farmer in Iowa is excited about the pipelines, and the use of eminent domain is going to be widespread. I have seen articles stating that some of the big pipelines proposed to pass through Iowa have less than 40 percent voluntary sign up from landowners.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ira-climate-ccs_n_62feb480e4b0c8c57f5a5e2c

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Honestly if more people paid attention to what was going on this would probably be an issue to unite all Iowans against COVID Kim….I know people in the path of this, and they’re going to have it go through their property whether they like it or not….eminent domain seizure to make big corporations big money….NOT what eminent domain was intended for…

I do enjoy the farmer saying he wishes he would have joined the Dakota Access pipe because now they’re going to do the same thing to him….LOL never a problem until it shows up on your doorstep

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lucas80
So the farmers are upset that the plants that buy their corn to make ethanol are going to run pipelines through their property to dispose of the waste that using the farmer's corn to make ethanol creates?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
So the farmers are upset that the plants that buy their corn to make ethanol are going to run pipelines through their property to dispose of the waste that using the farmer's corn to make ethanol creates?
Dispose of=sell it a massive profit to fracking companies….

Recent legislation offers incentives for capturing carbon emissions. It all has to go somewhere, somehow I linked this article because it has an Iowa mention. Not every farmer in Iowa is excited about the pipelines, and the use of eminent domain is going to be widespread. I have seen articles stating that some of the big pipelines proposed to pass through Iowa have less than 40 percent voluntary sign up from landowners.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ira-climate-ccs_n_62feb480e4b0c8c57f5a5e2c
Yes, there is less than a 40% voluntary sign up.

I assume these pipelines have some protection from intentional and unintentional punctures, leaks and criminal mischief from people who just want to see the world burn?

Honestly if more people paid attention to what was going on this would probably be an issue to unite all Iowans against COVID Kim….I know people in the path of this, and they’re going to have it go through their property whether they like it or not….eminent domain seizure to make big corporations big money….NOT what eminent domain was intended for…

I do enjoy the farmer saying he wishes he would have joined the Dakota Access pipe because now they’re going to do the same thing to him….LOL never a problem until it shows up on your doorstep
Yep. About four guys who are already rich are going to make a mint off of these pipelines, and all of a sudden it's an issue for some farmers. You know it's fishy when the Branstads are involved.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT