ADVERTISEMENT

The Best LB Group in KF tenure

Sep 14, 2019
I-O-W-A
KF has had multiple great LB’s come through this university and he’s had a few really great groups of LB’s. The top 3 I think of when you think of his best groups are usually Hodge and Greenway, Hunter, Angerer, and Edds, Kirksey, Hitchens, and Morris, or Jewell, Niemann, or Bower. If I’m picking I’m choosing Kirksey, Hitchens, and Morris. If we had that tandem last year, I think it could have been the difference between the Holiday Bowl or the West championship. With them I believe we would have beat Wisconsin.

Kirksey and Hitchens both have had long NFL careers and proven their talent. That group is the best.

Chad Greenway was the single best player IMO.
BewitchedLinearIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

KF has had multiple great LB’s come through this university and he’s had a few really great groups of LB’s. The top 3 I think of when you think of his best groups are usually Hodge and Greenway, Hunter, Angerer, and Edds, Kirksey, Hitchens, and Morris, or Jewell, Niemann, or Bower. If I’m picking I’m choosing Kirksey, Hitchens, and Morris. If we had that tandem last year, I think it could have been the difference between the Holiday Bowl or the West championship. With them I believe we would have beat Wisconsin.
Whats this, an actual post on the football board that has something to do with football on the field?? How dare you sir......;)

I give the slightest of edges to the Greenway/Hodge/Lewis group of 2004. The most physical and best tackling group I’ve seen.

As incredible as Hodge and Greenway we’re in 2005, Miles was forced to play out of position. It wasn’t until 2006 that Miles hit a groove, when he was moved to his more natural position. In conference play, Miles was absolutely outstanding. There were a BUNCH of great LB’s in the conference that year, and Miles stacked up with the best of them.

The 2009 corps was really good, excelled in pass coverage, and the 2013 group really had no weaknesses.

Damn, what a great question!

Reactions: BigTenChamps04
Edds angerer and hunter, ran into Edds at our tailgate last year, dude is still juiced

Anyone who played alongside Larry Station, including the chinese LBer Son Jim.

Greenway and Hodge for me. Both uber athletic and both had a mean streak. Hodge probably most underrated player in KF tenure since his NFL career wasnt as good as thought to be.

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT