ADVERTISEMENT

The best stadiums and arenas in sports

As A Cubs fan I have no idea how you put Wrigley on that list, let alone #4. The place is a dump, which is why I was so hopeful they'd finally do a thorough renovation or just move.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by SSG T:
As A Cubs fan I have no idea how you put Wrigley on that list, let alone #4. The place is a dump, which is why I was so hopeful they'd finally do a thorough renovation or just move.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I was hoping they would move, I agree Wrigley and the whole area is a dump.

Originally posted by iCRUNCH:
Wrigley may be a dump, but being there is truly special. It is a one of a kind experience.
yeah except not really.

Originally posted by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer:
Putting Soldier Field on that list is laughable.
Exactly what I was thinking and I am a Bears fan. No character. Nothing memorable or special about the place. And to have it top ten?

Originally posted by bdg8:

Originally posted by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer:
Putting Soldier Field on that list is laughable.
Exactly what I was thinking and I am a Bears fan. No character. Nothing memorable or special about the place. And to have it top ten?
The person who compiled this list and wrote the brief snippets has obviously not been to Soldier Field. I love the Bears, and I used to love Soldier Field. I say "used to" because the renovation completely ruined it.

A little history is in order. For a long time, the biggest football game held annually in Soldier Field would be the Chicago championship game. The Soldier Field I first went to in the late 1980s had more in common with Kinnick than with modern NFL stadiums. It might not have had amenities, but it sure had character.

Now? It looks like a flying saucer looking to take-off from the museum campus. It is exactly what it was designed to be, a giant compromise. You keep the colonnades and the name, but the rest is as generic as it gets. Meh.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
George Steinbrenner built the most expensive
baseball stadium with the new Yankee Stadium

Jerry Jones built the most expensive football
stadium with his Dallas Cowboys Palace.

Both of these stadiums were built with a cost
over 1 billion dollars.

I didn't look at the list...but I was really impressed with Raymond James Stadium. Easy access, lots of concession areas, lots of bathrooms and a lot of concourse area...plus a lot of good viewing angles with no real obstructions.

3 listed outside of the United States. Two in Canada and then Wembley Stadium. What an absolute joke. Bankers Life Fieldhouse??

The person who compiled this list and wrote the brief snippets has obviously not been to Soldier Field. I love the Bears, and I used to love Soldier Field. I say "used to" because the renovation completely ruined it.

A little history is in order. For a long time, the biggest football game held annually in Soldier Field would be the Chicago championship game. The Soldier Field I first went to in the late 1980s had more in common with Kinnick than with modern NFL stadiums. It might not have had amenities, but it sure had character.

Now? It looks like a flying saucer looking to take-off from the museum campus. It is exactly what it was designed to be, a giant compromise. You keep the colonnades and the name, but the rest is as generic as it gets. Meh.

As a Chicago Fire fan, I completely agree. There simply was nothing like the atmosphere the old place created.

Wrigley Field is the largest Beer Garden in
the state of Illinois.
I once got high in Wrigley... behind home plate, a few rows from the top. College days... with my physics professor. I worked at Fermilab for a summer and Christmas.

Reactions: juana
3 listed outside of the United States. Two in Canada and then Wembley Stadium. What an absolute joke. Bankers Life Fieldhouse??

Yes. Needs to stay within just the USA in Canada. Silly and ignorant move to include Wembley when there are at least 5 stadiums in England alone that top those American ones. Amateur attempt.

Reactions: Tmiller99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT