ADVERTISEMENT

The Biden administration says it may restart construction of the border wall to fill 'gaps' left by Trump

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
I guess they liked the cages they're keeping kids in so much, they're trying out the wall.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has told colleagues that some construction might resume along the border wall to plug some "gaps," The Washington Times reported on Monday.

According to the report, Mayorkas said that while Biden had frozen Defense Department funding for the wall, "that leaves room to make decisions as the administration, as part of the administration, in particular areas of the wall that need renovation, particular projects that need to be finished."

He said construction could resume in gaps, gates, and areas where the wall had been built but planned technology had not been installed, the report said. The Department of Homeland Security did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Biden has pledged not to build "another foot of wall." He halted all federal funding for the border wall on his first day in office and gave officials 60 days to determine how to proceed with Trump's half-finished project.

That deadline passed in March. Officials told Insider that a plan would come "soon" but seemed to have struggled to work out legally how to divert funding that had been allocated for the wall under Trump to other projects.

Most construction work has been paused, the White House press secretary, Jen Psaki, said on Tuesday.

"Wall construction remains paused, to the extent permitted by law," she said. "So some has already been funded through a congressional authorization and funding allocation. But as agencies develop for a plan — it's paused while agencies are developing a plan for the President on the management of the federal funds."

She added: "It is paused. There is some limited construction that has been funded and allocated for, but it is otherwise paused."

An expert told Insider's Mia Jankowicz in March that diverting wall funding was likely not a priority as the administration tackled a surge in border crossings.

Is there anybody who really believes anything Biden says anymore? He's doing his best to top Trump at lies and pointing fingers.

Reactions: doughuddl2
Trump is far superior to Biden on the border. There is no debate here. Biden has 3.5 years to change this.

Maybe this is a good first step, but I won't hold my breath.

Trump is far superior to Biden on the border. There is no debate here. Biden has 3.5 years to change this.

Yeah maybe he will have border officials rip kids out of the arms of asylum seekers, forcibly separate them, then fail to keep records which could re-unite the kids with their parents thereby traumatizing the kids and their parents for life.

Trump made major errors in how his administration was treating those who crossed the border, and immigrants in general. Biden obviously has created an environment where more illegals are willing to try to come in the country this obviously needs to be addressed, but I feel much more comfortable with Biden in charge than Trump, and if someone is claiming he is lying, Trump lied probably 100 times a day between sips on his coke, this is a huge improvement.

Reactions: Tom Paris and nu2u
I’m not sure what the administration thought would happen, however it’s a very big issue.

I don’t necessarily blame Reynolds for not wanting to take a bunch of people either. I get it’s heartless to some.

"That deadline passed in March. Officials told Insider that a plan would come "soon" but seemed to have struggled to work out legally how to divert funding that had been allocated for the wall under Trump to other projects."

This doesn't seem right - trump was always taking funds away from other areas, like the military, to build the wall. Maybe they cannot find a way to legally return the money to where it should have gone.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...d-25-billion-in-milcon-funds-for-border-wall/

OP trolling as usual.

"He said construction could resume in gaps, gates, and areas where the wall had been built but planned technology had not been installed, the report said."

Seems a reasonable approach. They're not abandoning projects that are nearly completed over politics. You'd think people would appreciate that.

Trump made major errors in how his administration was treating those who crossed the border, and immigrants in general. Biden obviously has created an environment where more illegals are willing to try to come in the country this obviously needs to be addressed, but I feel much more comfortable with Biden in charge than Trump, and if someone is claiming he is lying, Trump lied probably 100 times a day between sips on his coke, this is a huge improvement.
Yup. And he we heard about and talked about the lies every day. Suddenly, Dems don’t want to hear about lies and bullshit anymore.

Yup. And he we heard about and talked about the lies every day. Suddenly, Dems don’t want to hear about lies and bullshit anymore.
Who said that, unlike you I admit he is backtracking With a few fibs still thrown in. You willing to admit Trump lost in a landslide and riled up his fan base on a big lie and encourage them to storm congress? Until then stay in your corner.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Who said that, unlike you I admit he is backtracking With a few fibs still thrown in. You willing to admit Trump lost in a landslide and riled up his fan base on a big lie and encourage them to storm congress? Until then stay in your corner.
Lol...you new here?

I will give Republicans credit...they are absolute MASTERS at creating issues that they want the American people to focus on when they need them to look away from something else.

The outfield walls in Yankee Stadium separate the outfield
from the fans in the stands. The outfielders can patrol their
territory and not anticipate any interference from the fans.

The southern border wall separates America from Mexico.
The authorized officials who patrol the wall should not expect
any illegal immigrants trying to enter our nation.

I will be pretty disappointed in Joe if this happens, more wall construction and kids still in cages is most definitely NOT what I voted for in November.
He needs to get this stuff sorted out, yesterday.

Sips on the what?!?!

Wait. You said "coke".

Nevermind.

This administration really should do better at collaborating on the doublespeak and spin.

Biden isn't committing war crimes. You have odd priorities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT