ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Question was Answered Tonight.

O-townHawkstar

HR All-State
Sep 28, 2019
How far can the Hawkeyes make it in the NCAA tournament. The back court falls over its own feet. Hack a Garza is usually 1-2. The bench has out played the starters for weeks. Iowa has a Good Team. I see them winning one game. 2 would really be Great. If we could get a third? Mac needs to shoot like Reggie Miller! Who knows after that.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: TuniaHawk
Win the next 2 at home and win 1 in BTT they should be a 6. Beat the 11, 3 seed will be though as lots of good teams in that range but winnable.

Reactions: O-townHawkstar
Win the next 2 at home and win 1 in BTT they should be a 6. Beat the 11, 3 seed will be though as lots of good teams in that range but winnable.
How can we win the BTT? We had that game tonight and gave it to them. Stockton failing over his own shoes. Hornacek cant make a shoot to save his life? Ewing did well again getting his ass kicked.

Last edited:
Lmao. MSU is a potential final 4 team.

We lost in a close battle in a game they had to have, without CJF and with Joe W playing one of, if not the worst game in his IA career.

Get a 6 seed or above & id put good money on this hawkeye team making the sweet 16.
How much money?:) We had them right were we wanted! Back court was terrible. Except for Mac. How will that hold up?

Lmao. MSU is a potential final 4 team.

We lost in a close battle in a game they had to have, without CJF and with Joe W playing one of, if not the worst game in his IA career.

Get a 6 seed or above & id put good money on this hawkeye team making the sweet 16.
MSU is not that good IMO, Weiskamp shitting the bed and no CJ the difference and Izzo being a ****ing sack of shit cry baby.

Come Tournament time we're going need to get hot shooting the ball. If that can be done we honestly have a great chance to go far. There are not many teams that have a Big, commanding a double team like we do. If our guards can convert we'd be a tough out.

How can we win the BTT? We had that game tonight and gave it to them. Stockton failing over his own shoes. Hornacek cant make a shoot to save his life? Ewing did well again getting his ass kicked.
He said win ONE in btt, not a monumental achievement

Censorship.

b01.jpg

That will take a miracle. We couldn't hold a 10 point advantage with the ball and you think we can close out and win the BTT? I'm on-board!
it's the same thing after every time we lose everybody's saying The skys falling will never win another one blah blah blah. Suck it up people and quit whining. that place is as tough a place to play as any in the country. we're playing basically a seven man rotation Garza was so gassed he couldn't keep his feet under him it happens. We get CJ back will be fine.

Cassius was hot as hell in the 2nd half. Amazing performance by the B10's best guard. Kreiner getting in foul trouble and Pemsl having to play too many minutes in the 2nd half. Joe W. has a four-game slump going. If CJF comes back and is near full strength Iowa will be a much better team and could still do damage in the tournament. Without CJF and Joe W. picking up his game? Iowa's ceiling is probably the round of 32.

How far can the Hawkeyes make it in the NCAA tournament. The back court falls over its own feet. Hack a Garza is usually 1-2. The bench has out played the starters for weeks. Iowa has a Good Team. I see them winning one game. 2 would really be Great. If we could get a third? Mac needs to shoot like Reggie Miller! Who knows after that.:)

Tough to say. With CJF we have enough shooters to make a real run...but that means we have to get hot. Obviously, we were not hot last night and other nights this year. Also will depend on what kind of matchups we get dealt. I am assuming we will get an uber athletic team so we will have to be good with the ball and make shots. No real secret

The surrounding cast is getting valuable playing time and starting to consistently contribute,.. We just need Frederick back, which will help Wieskamp find space for his offense, which will create more opportunities for Garza at the post,... We have just barely enough of the right pieces to do something here, if we can get them on the floor at the same time..

Reactions: keosauquahawk
40% FG
22% 3 point line
66% FTs

You're not going to beat a team equal to you with those numbers. JT was keeping Winston in check for the most part till he picked up # 3...Garza tried to fight through 3 or 4 double teams he passed out of early in the game...several baby hooks in lane didn't get the roll...

i honestly think that this years team can beat anyone in the BIG10. That wasnt the case last year or in years past. And the tournament is on a neutral court which adds a different dynamic to every game. They just need CJ back to spread things out a bit more and remind JoeT to not get stupid fouls.

Iowa did alright last night, but it shouldn't be a huge surprise. Michigan St is a top 25 team.

Why no surprise? It was a road game and they are still down CJ.

The NCAA tourney is a different animal. Neutral court games take away some of the advantages and the officiating tends to call less fouls, so it will be more physical.

Weisy is aiming the ball and not shooting it. It looks awful coming out of his hand. Head game for him.

Yep, it's not nearly as much about the defense as people are making it out to be.

Hes probably missed 7 or 8 nearly uncontested 3s the last two games combined.

Its effecting his confidence.

Tends to be the opposite imo. That's part of the reason B10 teams haven't won a title in awhile. They're used to a physical style of play that isn't allowed in the tourney.

You are right. In general, the B10 allows more physical contact than nearly every other conference in the regular season, but the NCAA tourney is typically more physical than most other conferences (ex B12).

I wish the refs would just call it the same all year long.

i honestly think that this years team can beat anyone in the BIG10. That wasnt the case last year or in years past. And the tournament is on a neutral court which adds a different dynamic to every game. They just need CJ back to spread things out a bit more and remind JoeT to not get stupid fouls.

100% this. Get CJF back and let's see what happens.

We are down so many players already, yet everyone is demanding that we win at MSU. That's a tall task, even without our injuries!

its honestly the blowout games that worry me more than last nights game. They played a ranked team, on the road, against a whiny coach, missing 3 starters and one player who couldn't hit a shot. AND they led most of the game! Move that game to Indianapolis and the result may have been different. They will get their chance at revenge!

Joey needs CJ plain in simple.... they are like ying and yang on the perimeter lets get cj back starting and start rolling again
I’m not so sure about this. JW has missed a lot of wide open shots the last few games. Yes, having CJ back will help the team as a whole and may get JW open more, but he isn’t hitting the open shots right now. Last night it started to impact his defense, you can see it in his body language.

I’m not so sure about this. JW has missed a lot of wide open shots the last few games. Yes, having CJ back will help the team as a whole and may get JW open more, but he isn’t hitting the open shots right now. Last night it started to impact his defense, you can see it in his body language.

The big thing there though, is that without CJ playing, Fran has virtually no choice but to keep Joe W out there, instead of taking him off the floor and having coaches talk to him. Joe still played 34 minutes despite having a bad game. I'm not sure it was seriously impacting his defense, but you could see there were several occasions where Joe passed up solid to good looks. He needs to keep that attacking mentality, and not let himself get passive. Not an easy ask for a 20 year old.

ADVERTISEMENT