ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Ten Conference Pre Game Show

swagsurfer02

HB King
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
So I turned it on kind of late (about 10 minutes before the game actually started) and missed most of the commentary and analysis by the Fox crew who I believe consisted of:

- Reggie Bush
- Matt Lienhart
- Brady Quinn
- Bob Stoops
- Dave Revsin??

I did read the game thread an there was posts about some of the things said. One poster said Reggie Bush thought we would only score 3 points, and he was crazy. Several other posters thought the entire pre game was a “Michigan love fest” After watching the game play out, maybe it was us as Iowa fans who weren’t seeing things clearly.

Which causes me some questions, did we overrate ourselves. Obviously our offensive struggles are well documented in this board, and I think even lots of posters kept predicting a post Ohio St. game let down. I didn’t see this happening and there were a couple other posters who also were in agreement.

So the question is, were there warning signs that we should have seen prior to the game?

Bonus: This happened one other time, coincidentally it was the last time we were in this game. After we got beat by Michigan St. in the championship game in 2015 and I found out we were playing Stanford in the Rose Bowl. I thought, “I’m glad we got Stanford and not Oregon’s high octane offense”. Then I think the day before we played them, MSU played Alabama and got absolutely crushed. It dawned on me, that maybe we were in for a dogfight. Well you all saw that Rose Bowl…..yikes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News