ADVERTISEMENT

The BTN Bus should be rolling into Iowa City

Do you just hang out on the Iowa board all day? That is ****ing weird as ****.
(There is an old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer. But if it did my response to your response would be: better a good retreat than a bad stand.

Not a good day weather wise to be outside. Good thing they have a state of the art indoor facility. Can’t wait to see some footage and hear some opinions.

Love how KF had them practice in the rain instead. Maybe if game week they'd be inside but since still 2 weeks away from first game I like how he had them out in the elements instead.

Love how KF had them practice in the rain instead. Maybe if game week they'd be inside but since still 2 weeks away from first game I like how he had them out in the elements instead.
Because f*** it, why not....

What football player wouldn't want to practice in the rain?

Other Revsine notes from practice:

Said Amani Jones was impressive. There is a video of him picking off Stanley and running it back.
Brandon Smith building on some good things and had some impressive moments in practice
Says Iowa has 3 solid RBs.
Has videos of IKM with a nice run and Brady Rieff with penetration and a stop.

From Dinardo:
OL is better than he though
DL is deeper than he can remember seeing at Iowa.
On the offense he says Stanley, Fant, good OL, improved WRs and 3 deep at RB could point to new offensive formations and/or tweaks. Build around playmakers and best depth.
Says judging the defenses is the hardest thing to do on the practice tour but you can count on Parker having them ready to go when the season starts

According to the Bus Tour, we are the B10 Practice Champions 9 years running.........

I'm not sure what is meant by this. The BTN crew has long said Iowa runs a better practice than most everyone in the league. Not really surprising. Rarely if ever do they say Iowa is the best team. KF is at his best coaching and developing players. That's really about it.

Other Revsine notes from practice:

Said Amani Jones was impressive. There is a video of him picking off Stanley and running it back.
Brandon Smith building on some good things and had some impressive moments in practice
Says Iowa has 3 solid RBs.
Has videos of IKM with a nice run and Brady Rieff with penetration and a stop.

From Dinardo:
OL is better than he though
DL is deeper than he can remember seeing at Iowa.
On the offense he says Stanley, Fant, good OL, improved WRs and 3 deep at RB could point to new offensive formations and/or tweaks. Build around playmakers and best depth.
Says judging the defenses is the hardest thing to do on the practice tour but you can count on Parker having them ready to go when the season starts

Great having the crew here giving updates from practice. Hopefully it provides some good pub for recruiting. Stanley will prove to be a top 2 qb in the B1G this year. Love to see B. Smith making high point down field catches!

Everything will be slobbering positive. In each of the previous stops you would think the team was on the verge of a BIG Championship. Its really a PR trip for the BIG channel.

I might be in the minority (appears at least 10 people liked your post as of now) but I feel like they do try to touch on some of the questions and weak areas when they do these shows. Of course they don't come out and say that a certain unit stinks or anything that direct, but I feel like they'll say it more in a way of "if Iowa's interior OL can make some holes and stay healthy, watch out!"

Everything will be slobbering positive. In each of the previous stops you would think the team was on the verge of a BIG Championship. Its really a PR trip for the BIG channel.
Oh...never mind. You answered your own question within the process of making your post. My help is not needed........:cool:

My family often says I talk myself in circles, so I'm sure that's what I'm doing.

I might be in the minority (appears at least 10 people liked your post as of now) but I feel like they do try to touch on some of the questions and weak areas when they do these shows. Of course they don't come out and say that a certain unit stinks or anything that direct, but I feel like they'll say it more in a way of "if Iowa's interior OL can make some holes and stay healthy, watch out!"

Or they throw out phrases like camp battle for X position or replacing so and so... Sometimes they will go as far to say that punting was an issue last year and see how teams addressed those deficiencies. But even the new gopher QB will get talked up on their stop up north.

A few things I picked up from the BTN show.

Amani Jones is looking good in the middle. Phil Parker stated Niemann will likely be on the outside and either Welch or Colbert for the last spot. Also that Niemann could potentially move inside if Wade comes on strong.

They were expecting the D ends to be good but were pleasantly surprised by the d tackles as well.

Slightly worried about CB depth and that they are young. Didn't mention the safeties that I recall.

Denardo stated the oline waa better than he expected. The crew believes the receivers will make a big jump this year. The TEs are the strong point and we have 3 good RB's. Long thought IKM would be the primary back with Young being 3rd down/short yardage guy.

They also seemed to be pretty high on Stanley in general.

KF loved that it was raining, too. He talked to the BTN guys about the Midwest weather (rain, snow, etc) and that this practice helped reinforce to the players how important ball security is

ADVERTISEMENT