ADVERTISEMENT

The Cavalry is Not On Its Way: ZERO WR Recruits Coming In Next Year?

So you are incredibly wrong about recruiting dating back to 2019?!? Most of our top recruits are on offense unlike your “our defense recruiting started to pick up before our offense” comment. 🤦‍♂️
Literally like 75% of our top recruits are on offense from 2019 to 2021.
Karnack is just the newest iteration of a long line of screen names he has had over many years.

He's not the expert he thinks he is.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
injuries on the OL CAUSED DeLong and Plumb back as starter, RSFR Stephson got hurt 1st and the ability to play as a unit was starting to form Injuries hurt the development of the cohesiveness of the OL.

even the Gallery group developed over the years that they played together. TOGETHER being the KEY WORD.

the defense has had the number of injuries that the offense has.
for example he who shall not be named after all the injuries to the RB's now it looks looks like the OL that has drawn his wrath.

until the injuries slow down and the OL can stay healthy so they practice and play as a unit they will continue to struggle and it doesn't matter who the OL is it will not get better.

when I read about needing more OL out of the portal I shake my head. but after looking at all the injuries to the OL group I have changed my thought proccess to Iowa needs experienced depth in case of injuries.

Karnack is just the newest iteration of a long line of screen names he has had over many years.

He's not the expert he thinks he is.
this is/was my 1st when joined in 2002, as far as a long list that is false, the 2nd was Kilroy after that it was changed after I kept getting banned and the excuse was a complete BS excuse

PREVIOUSLY BANNED and that was the only reason why. I also know that multiple posters were banned but they created new accounts and never got banned. that's the hypocrite that Kakert was.

• Haha
Reactions: 2bagger22 and F5n5
Bulaga was starting early on as a youngster, because I do remember him starting the Iowa State game and I don't believe he ever left the lineup. I can't recall the other starters from that year on OL, but looking at the roster it sure looks more talented than what we had last year, but a lot.
That ‘07 offense was really young in many spots, started to figure things out a year later, and had that amazing ‘09 run until Stanzi got hurt.
What injuries?
Tight end, no.
Quarterback, not really.
Running back, no.
Offensive Line, Britt I guess.
Wide Receiver, when you lose all those guys (five scholarship guys left after 2021) and don’t replace them, you have no depth, so that’s on the staff.
Are you kidding? While admittedly coaches screwed up but not getting even warm bodies in at receiver for depth, there was only 1 game where 4/6 receivers were healthy. OL dealt with a series of minor injuries that had guys in and out of the lineup, caused coaches to keep shuffling due to availability, and as a result the unit never had a chance to gel.

That ‘07 offense was really young in many spots, started to figure things out a year later, and had that amazing ‘09 run until Stanzi got hurt.

Are you kidding? While admittedly coaches screwed up but not getting even warm bodies in at receiver for depth, there was only 1 game where 4/6 receivers were healthy. OL dealt with a series of minor injuries that had guys in and out of the lineup, caused coaches to keep shuffling due to availability, and as a result the unit never had a chance to gel.
The wide receiving room definitely dealt with injuries. Keagan, Brecht, Bostick, Nico, Vines. But that was magnified because there was no depth. So if you have 11 scholarship guys and lose 6, you still have five left. When you have 6 or 7 scholarship guys and you lose 5, you are in a world of trouble.

Reactions: sober_teacher
The wide receiving room definitely dealt with injuries. Keagan, Brecht, Bostick, Nico, Vines. But that was magnified because there was no depth. So if you have 11 scholarship guys and lose 6, you still have five left. When you have 6 or 7 scholarship guys and you lose 5, you are in a world of trouble.
any position group that has multiple players that suffer 5-6 injuries on any team will struggle because of lack of depth. question just how many WR's should a team have?

any position group that has multiple players that suffer 5-6 injuries on any team will struggle because of lack of depth. question just how many WR's should a team have?
Enough so four injuries don’t leave you with one scholarship wide receiver to start a season.

Bulaga was starting early on as a youngster, because I do remember him starting the Iowa State game and I don't believe he ever left the lineup. I can't recall the other starters from that year on OL, but looking at the roster it sure looks more talented than what we had last year, but a lot.
The line ended up being good as upper classmen with Ricky, who had a much quicker release. But they were bad early on. Much like the crew last year. Not much experience or unit cohesion. The most experienced guy was the worst player (Plumb). That whole offense was young with many key players seeing the field for the first time.

Enough so four injuries don’t leave you with one scholarship wide receiver to start a season.
I can agree with that. The other side of the coin is there would be a contingent of posters....not sure if you would be in that group who would do the 'why are we signing this MAC recruit WR to fill out the roster?'

I for one am hoping that last year(maybe 2) was a perfect storm of bad things happening on the offensive side of the ball and that at some point in time good fortune will shine on the offense again, things like a ball that is tipped off of a DB's hand and instead goes for a long TD or some unknown OT turns into a beast like Gallery did when he went from a lightly recruited TE to the Outland trophy.

this was for the 22 season
the 2023 season will have these
1 Ragini
2 Vines
3 Bostic
4 Anderson
5 Brown
6 Mota
7 Buie
8 howard
top walk on from IWCC Wetjen

the last 2 skill players turned out pretty good in Sargeant and WR Easley who in his 1st year led the team in catches and yards and in his 2nd year led the WR's in catches and recieving again.

IWCC has been good to Iowa

Reactions: F5n5
this was for the 22 season
the 2023 season will have these
1 Ragini
2 Vines
3 Bostic
4 Anderson
5 Brown
6 Mota
7 Buie
8 howard
top walk on from IWCC Wetjen

the last 2 skill players turned out pretty good in Sargeant and WR Easley who in his 1st year led the team in catches and yards and in his 2nd year led the WR's in catches and recieving again.

IWCC has been good to Iowa
Can you give us their star numbers please Karen? I mean Karnak. I can’t make an evaluation without you giving us their height, weight and star numbers. You’re clearly slipping.

Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
What injuries?
Tight end, no.
Quarterback, not really.
Running back, no.
Offensive Line, Britt I guess.
Wide Receiver, when you lose all those guys (five scholarship guys left after 2021) and don’t replace them, you have no depth, so that’s on the staff.
OL: Britt, Davidkov, Ezra Miller, and I'm pretty sure a few others

Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Ince and Kazinski both RSSR's were looked at being the starting LG and RT in the 2022 season that was why there was all that shuffling on the OL

Colby started at RT then moved to LG this caused Plumb started at RT. Stephens started at RG then he got hurt then the line was changed again to DeJong starting at RT with Plumb moving in to RG..

but according to steamboat there were no injuries on the OL.

thjis fall Stephen should be healthy and be a experienced backup at RG if not a starter. the left side will be maned by these RSJR Richman at LT 3rd year starter
JR Colby at LG 3rd year starter
RSJR Jones at center 2nd year as the starter

Ince and Kazinski both RSSR's were looked at being the starting LG and RT in the 2022 season that was why there was all that shuffling on the OL

Colby started at RT then moved to LG this caused Plumb started at RT. Stephens started at RG then he got hurt then the line was changed again to DeJong starting at RT with Plumb moving in to RG..

but according to steamboat there were no injuries on the OL.

thjis fall Stephen should be healthy and be a experienced backup at RG if not a starter. the left side will be maned by these RSJR Richman at LT 3rd year starter
JR Colby at LG 3rd year starter
RSJR Jones at center 2nd year as the starter
Cody Ince deciding not to play an extra year in March 2022, is not an injury issue for the 2022 season. That’s a depth and lack of recruiting juco/portal guys as replacements.
A guy that goes down in spring ball or the summer or fall camp or during the season is an injury issue.
I don’t know who Kazinski is.

Cody Ince deciding not to play an extra year in March 2022, is not an injury issue for the 2022 season. That’s a depth and lack of recruiting juco/portal guys as replacements.
A guy that goes down in spring ball or the summer or fall camp or during the season is an injury issue.

Ince quit due to injuries. He didn’t just wake up and decide to leave the program.

ahh yes the he knows everything actually admits he knows nothing. Ince would have been a RSSR in the 22 season and he was participating in the 22 spring practice. as for the other one his name is Karchinski a converted DE who was a true SR last season.

what are the coaches to do, hire a Gypsie from a traveling Circus to look into her Qystal ball and tell them which players are going to leave, stay, get hurt or stay healthy and tell them how long it will take them to develop. since you bitch enough about it.

Yea. Six months before the season started. It’s not a guy that went down in fall camp and now you are like, how do we replace that guy.
The portal wasn't the portal it is now even a year ago. We didn't have any NIL / Collective set up in March 2022 because no one really knew the rules. And yeah March is late.

ahh yes the he knows everything actually admits he knows nothing. Ince would have been a RSSR in the 22 season and he was participating in the 22 spring practice. as for the other one his name is Karchinski a converted DE who was a true SR last season.

what are the coaches to do, hire a Gypsie from a traveling Circus to look into her Qystal ball and tell them which players are going to leave, stay, get hurt or stay healthy and tell them how long it will take them to develop. since you bitch enough about it.
And to your last point there absolutely needs to be guys that solely specialize in recruiting the portal and juco on the staff. Anybody that follows the team knew that significant work needed to be done in the portal/juco at quarterback, offensive line, and receiver in spring of 2022.

You guys act like Michigan State was using NIL when they brought in 20 guys in 2021 in the portal and through Juco.
I don't trust a damn thing that Mich State does. If you don't think there is not shady shat that has gone on there for about 2 decades in football and basketball I don't know what to say.

I don't trust a damn thing that Mich State does. If you don't think there is not shady shat that has gone on there for about 2 decades in football and basketball I don't know what to say.
That’s great. There is still no excuse for not using the portal like we just did this off-season, a year ago. None.

That’s great. There is still no excuse for not using the portal like we just did this off-season, a year ago. None.
Got it. Mich State is the program you want to emulate in its entirety.

You think any massive buyers remorse yet with the football coach there?

Yea. Six months before the season started. It’s not a guy that went down in fall camp and now you are like, how do we replace that guy.

Charlie Jones has entered the chat. I never said he got hurt six months before, that’s when he announced he wasn’t playing in the fall.

You guys act like Michigan State was using NIL when they brought in 20 guys in 2021 in the portal and through Juco.

Nearly all of those players were added prior to spring ball so that’s not a good comparison.

On his own, losing Ince wasn’t a big deal; still had plenty of bodies at the position between incoming freshmen, returning players and guys that had been injured in spring ball that you expected to get healthy; that idk that anyone at the time looked at Ince quitting and said we need to dip into the portal to replace him. Our point is that it became a cumulative effect between other plays that also left; incoming guys and returning players who either got minor /major injuries, didn’t develop, etc.

We also collectively grossly overestimated the ability of Jones to slide in at Linderbaum did.

And to your last point there absolutely needs to be guys that solely specialize in recruiting the portal and juco on the staff. Anybody that follows the team knew that significant work needed to be done in the portal/juco at quarterback, offensive line, and receiver in spring of 2022.
no only self appointed expert THOUGHT they knew. I have many SR's make a big at even the HS level and in different sports. it still boils down injuries. no matter which coach.
Kirk will never know who will stay/leave develop/not develop. this applies at all level even at the Pro level.

the difference between the Pro''s and college is that if pro gets hurt the GM can get his rollo dex [or what it is at hand] and call Agent X and see if Y player is available and if he would be interested. and go from there.

Kirk can't do that. its not that easy at the college level, Kirk has already brought players from the transfers and the JUCO's. when he needed help on the defensive side he has gotten players out of the JUCO ranks.a couple of years ago he got a OT from Indiana, a DT and DE from NIU, one of them transferred the other ended up a NFL draft pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT