ADVERTISEMENT

The Chilling Impact of Conservative Lies and Attacks

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Sensitive to claims of bias, Facebook relaxed misinformation rules for conservative pages

Facebook has allowed conservative news outlets and personalities to repeatedly spread false information without facing any of the company's stated penalties, according to leaked materials reviewed by NBC News.

According to internal discussions from the last six months, Facebook has relaxed its rules so that conservative pages, including those run by Breitbart, former Fox News personalities Diamond and Silk, the nonprofit media outlet PragerU and the pundit Charlie Kirk, were not penalized for violations of the company’s misinformation policies.

Facebook's fact-checking rules dictate that pages can have their reach and advertising limited on the platform if they repeatedly spread information deemed inaccurate by its fact-checking partners. The company operates on a "strike" basis, meaning a page can post inaccurate information and receive a one-strike warning before the platform takes action. Two strikes in 90 days places an account into “repeat offender” status, which can lead to a reduction in distribution of the account’s content and a temporary block on advertising on the platform.

The list and descriptions of the escalations, leaked to NBC News, showed that Facebook employees in the misinformation escalations team, with direct oversight from company leadership, deleted strikes during the review process that were issued to some conservative partners for posting misinformation over the last six months. The discussions of the reviews showed that Facebook employees were worried that complaints about Facebook's fact-checking could go public and fuel allegations that the social network was biased against conservatives.

The removal of the strikes has furthered concerns from some current and former employees that the company routinely relaxes its rules for conservative pages over fears about accusations of bias.

more here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...information-rules-conservative-pages-n1236182

LOL, it's the CONSERVATIVES who are chilling speech? Really????

They're the ones who are banning politically incorrect words, thoughts, art, etc., branding everything as racist or misogynistic, and demanding we stop using binary terms to refer to gender?

You mean THOSE conservatives?

Sensitive to claims of bias, Facebook relaxed misinformation rules for conservative pages

Facebook has allowed conservative news outlets and personalities to repeatedly spread false information without facing any of the company's stated penalties, according to leaked materials reviewed by NBC News.

According to internal discussions from the last six months, Facebook has relaxed its rules so that conservative pages, including those run by Breitbart, former Fox News personalities Diamond and Silk, the nonprofit media outlet PragerU and the pundit Charlie Kirk, were not penalized for violations of the company’s misinformation policies.

Facebook's fact-checking rules dictate that pages can have their reach and advertising limited on the platform if they repeatedly spread information deemed inaccurate by its fact-checking partners. The company operates on a "strike" basis, meaning a page can post inaccurate information and receive a one-strike warning before the platform takes action. Two strikes in 90 days places an account into “repeat offender” status, which can lead to a reduction in distribution of the account’s content and a temporary block on advertising on the platform.

The list and descriptions of the escalations, leaked to NBC News, showed that Facebook employees in the misinformation escalations team, with direct oversight from company leadership, deleted strikes during the review process that were issued to some conservative partners for posting misinformation over the last six months. The discussions of the reviews showed that Facebook employees were worried that complaints about Facebook's fact-checking could go public and fuel allegations that the social network was biased against conservatives.

The removal of the strikes has furthered concerns from some current and former employees that the company routinely relaxes its rules for conservative pages over fears about accusations of bias.

more here:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...information-rules-conservative-pages-n1236182
Democrats are now pissed that they only control 98% of media outlets.
giphy.gif

Both the Democrats and the GOP lie and attack
each other. This is why Washington D.C. is
not accomplishing anything worthwhile. The
partisan bickering and blathering needs to stop
on both sides.

I don’t like his sentence structure, for some reason it irritates me. But he’s right. WWJD would have you believe Republicans lie and Democrats, while not saints, lie way less than Republicans.

Completely false

Pretty much nobody buys any of the peddled bs by minions of either party anymore, so I actually don't think there a need to worry about misinformation. We do need to worry about lack of legit reporting and info but that's actually a very different problem.

On the electioneering front, instead of wasting time bitching about various outlets, the dems should be aiming to cut off the potus from communicating with people. The other outlets are totally inconsequential anyways.

Reactions: goldmom
I don’t like his sentence structure, for some reason it irritates me. But he’s right. WWJD would have you believe Republicans lie and Democrats, while not saints, lie way less than Republicans.

Completely false
Hell Day care Donnie can by himself outlie every Democratic member of both houses of congress.

Hell Day care Donnie can by himself outlie every Democratic member of both houses of congress.

Not true. Daycare Donnie is on camera all the time and lies the whole time. The rest don’t get the camera time he does, but they lie all the time while on camera

Why do the Dems want money in this stimulus deal earmarked for cities/states run by Democrats to help with their financial issues? Those issues were pre Covid

My youngest brother was outraged that FB pulled the information that the crazy witch doctor lady that Trump was pushing as a medical expert a week or so ago. I used to have some respect for my brother and his ability to use his brain and apply common sense. Unfortunately for most of my extended family they’ve gone off the deep end with their love for Trump and the disinformation he spoons out to them. I rarely speak to any of them as a result.

My youngest brother was outraged that FB pulled the information that the crazy witch doctor lady that Trump was pushing as a medical expert a week or so ago. I used to have some respect for my brother and his ability to use his brain and apply common sense. Unfortunately for most of my extended family they’ve gone off the deep end with their love for Trump and the disinformation he spoons out to them. I rarely speak to any of them as a result.
Hey nothing wrong with being the black sheep of the family. At least, you are handling it well.

more here:

Are you then willing to address liberal lies?

This isn't much different than a FBNBB4LIFE "Tolerant Left Folks" thread.

At some point, I hope enough people care more about the country than they do the parties and unite around truth and common decency.

Facebook is either a platform where people spout crazy BS or it is a publisher who promotes opinion and its own agenda. They should declare which so we know what to think.

Notice it's never liberal BS that gets sensored as misinformation, yet there's a lot of liberal misinformation out there too.

BTW none of what I suggest should be required of facebook. They're a private business and we're free to quit using FB any time we like.

Reactions: goldmom
Proudly so, I won’t join in the parade of stupidity that you and your ilk relish. I think for myself and know I’m on the right side of most issues.
Damn, nobody tell him nuthin. His mind is made up, so don't confuse him with the facts!!

Facebook is either a platform where people spout crazy BS or it is a publisher who promotes opinion and its own agenda. They should declare which so we know what to think.

Notice it's never liberal BS that gets sensored as misinformation, yet there's a lot of liberal misinformation out there too.

BTW none of what I suggest should be required of facebook. They're a private business and we're free to quit using FB any time we like.
This. I've filtered out everything but family and good friends and humor sites.

Completely false

Jesus. What's the point in having a discussion when the premise is based something this nonsensical?

Do you have specific examples to list of liberal misinformation that isn’t/hasn’t been censored on FB?

How do you know liberal outrage sites are not being censored? Also, maybe they are but the libs don’t start mass fb posts about it

LOL, it's the CONSERVATIVES who are chilling speech? Really????

They're the ones who are banning politically incorrect words, thoughts, art, etc., branding everything as racist or misogynistic, and demanding we stop using binary terms to refer to gender?

You mean THOSE conservatives?
Lol.

more here:

Lol

At some point, I hope enough people care more about the country than they do the parties and unite around truth and common decency.
There is no such thing as “caring about the country”. We’re so far past that. Quaint idea, BnG.

Not true. Daycare Donnie is on camera all the time and lies the whole time. The rest don’t get the camera time he does, but they lie all the time while on camera

Why do the Dems want money in this stimulus deal earmarked for cities/states run by Democrats to help with their financial issues? Those issues were pre Covid
No, the issues are caused by covid.

This is a weird post to direct at WWJD. He’s no party guy. He wasted his vote on Jill last time.

No, the issues are caused by covid.

The issues are not new. They have been exacerbated by Covid. Why not all states? Why just states/cities run by Dems? Seems they’d be pushing for ass states/cities in need, not just Dems

LOL at Facebook and Twitter banning misinformants.

Statement A: Men have a penis.

Statement B: Men can have periods.

These sites would ban Statement A for “misinformation” well before thinking of even challenging Statement B.

LOL at Facebook and Twitter banning misinformants.

Statement A: Men have a penis.

Statement B: Men can have periods.

These sites would ban Statement A for “misinformation” well before thinking of even challenging Statement B.
Both of those apply to natural.

You lost all respect for your brother and don’t speak to your family anymore over a fb post and their political believes. Holy shit. That’s your brother dude. Thick and thin. Look past it.

The issues are not new. They have been exacerbated by Covid. Why not all states? Why just states/cities run by Dems? Seems they’d be pushing for ass states/cities in need, not just Dems
I don’t think it’s correct that it’s only blue states.

Both the Democrats and the GOP lie and attack
each other. This is why Washington D.C. is
not accomplishing anything worthwhile. The
partisan bickering and blathering needs to stop
on both sides.
It's just the gop has gotten so much better,or worse, depending on your point of view, and their followers are so much more gullible.

ADVERTISEMENT