ADVERTISEMENT

The coming GOP amnesia......

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
When I asked Doug Heye, a longtime GOP strategist, how his party will remember the Trump years, he responded with a litany of episodes to memory-hole. “Republicans will want to forget the constant chaos, the lies, the double-dealing, the hiring of family, and the escalating rhetoric that incited hate for four years [and] directly led to what happened at the Capitol,” he told me. “Basically, any of those things that we never would have let an Obama or Clinton get away with, but constantly justified to ourselves in the name of judges.”

Last edited:
As someone who is "Republican" I am not sure what else we are supposed to do?

I have admitted that I voted for him in 2016/2020, and realize how bad of choice I had made.
I am an idiot.
Full stop.

However, some people on here, and in life, are going to hang that over my head for the rest of my life, so I guess why wouldn't we just ignore it, move forward, and never let it happen again.

Blast away

Reactions: noleclone2

I have admitted that I voted for him in 2016/2020, and realize how bad of choice I had made.
I am an idiot.
Full stop.

However, some people on here, and in life, are going to hang that over my head for the rest of my life, so I guess why wouldn't we just ignore it, move forward, and never let it happen again.

Blast away

I don't know about the rest of your life, but at least for the forseable future. We all knew crap like this would happen and yet you guys voted for him 1 to 2 times. You can wear it for a while.

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
What happened between 11/3/20 and now that makes you believe you are an idiot for voting for Trump on 11/3/20? The insurrection he fomented? He has been a train wreck and embarrassment for years.

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
it is the stupid ****s who keep going with the stealing of the election, Biden isn't legitimate ****s we have to deal with in large numbers which is the problem. And now we have a major threat of domestic terrorism going forward because of this Desecration of a person.

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
Ideally, you would also realize that the Republicans are incapable of governing and call on your Republican leaders to not get in the way of the Dems cleaning up all of these messes.

Ask your R leaders to simply let the Dems handle things and tell your R leaders to support whatever the Dems decide.

Reactions: Tom Paris

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away

Admitting you screwed up and owning up to your mistake instantly puts you above ~90% of the Trumpers.

You're forgiven in my book @TylerJ76

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
I respect you admitting this no matter how long it took. The sooner more from you political spectrum can come to full terms with this and admit he was an awful choice and a major mistake, the quicker we can move one. And more importantly, the quicker we can make sure someone like him never comes to power again. The next one may be better looking and smarter.

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
This piece isn’t about voters. It’s about enablers, boot licks, sycophants, water carriers and collaborators INSIDE the party that are now trying to white wash their reputations.

You may have been late to the realization, but you made the realization that Trump is a danger to America. My recommendation is to heed future warnings even if they come from the other “side.” This was not hard to see coming. At all.

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
Hold other elected officials accountable for their actions.

And to add to my reply to Tyler - sometimes it’s just not about politics. And as anyone who wants to do a deep dive, five year search of my Trump related posts can see, it has N E V E R been about partisan politics to me.

No human that is as amoral, narcissistic, gross, despicable and disgusting as Donald J Trump should EVER be elevated to the office of President and that includes any Democrat. Even if Trump had run on universal healthcare, cannabis legalization and jacking up taxes on billionaires or other policies I support, I would have been just as hostile in my condemnation. I object to him as a human being, not a politician.

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
A little remorse and admission of the truth might go a long way. My best friend of 30 years and I never had a cross word until 2018. He voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and in spite of his conservative world view has authored letters that Cruz and our house rep resign for their complicity in what he terms a coup. We disagree on some policy but I’m proud of his country over party stance. He’s as proud a guy I’ve ever met and he’s horrified by what his party has enabled. Speaking out against the election fraud sham is what you should do if you’re serious about the question you pose.

Reactions: torbee

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away

Republicans can never again subpoena a Democrat for any reason. Dems can do what ever they want and you will agree. Dems can pack the Supreme Court. You see, you must continue to look the other way as you have done for the last 4 years.

A little remorse and admission of the truth might go a long way. My best friend of 30 years and I never had a cross word until 2018. He voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 and in spite of his conservative world view has authored letters that Cruz and our house rep resign for their complicity in what he terms a coup. We disagree on some policy but I’m proud of his country over party stance. He’s as proud a guy I’ve ever met and he’s horrified by what his party has enabled. Speaking out against the election fraud sham is what you should do if you’re serious about the question you pose.

Have done, and have never thought ONCE it was fruad.

Reactions: FtWorthhawkeye
And to add to my reply to Tyler - sometimes it’s just not about politics. And as anyone who wants to do a deep dive, five year search of my Trump related posts can see, it has N E V E R been about partisan politics to me.

No human that is as amoral, narcissistic, gross, despicable and disgusting as Donald J Trump should EVER be elevated to the office of President and that includes any Democrat. Even if Trump had run on universal healthcare, cannabis legalization and jacking up taxes on billionaires or other policies I support, I would have been just as hostile in my condemnation. I object to him as a human being, not a politician.

I can replace the word "Trump" in this post with @McLovin32 and feel the same way

Say it to my face

tenor.gif

Reactions: torbee
Ideally, you would also realize that the Republicans are incapable of governing and call on your Republican leaders to not get in the way of the Dems cleaning up all of these messes.

Ask your R leaders to simply let the Dems handle things and tell your R leaders to support whatever the Dems decide.
Lol good Lord.

I am an idiot.
Full stop.

Blast away
I won't hang anything over your head. but, if you still view yourself as a Republican it's up to you and like minded people to take your party back.

ADVERTISEMENT