ADVERTISEMENT

The David Robinson / Dick Vitale Pizza Hut commercial

lucas80

HB King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
They usually don't show the full ad. Usually they do the version where only Robinson is on camera, and Vitale's voice is piped in. The full version shows Vitale in a glass sound booth yapping away.
I keep hoping the booth starts filling with water.

Originally posted by lucas80:
They usually don't show the full ad. Usually they do the version where only Robinson is on camera, and Vitale's voice is piped in. The full version shows Vitale in a glass sound booth yapping away. 

Why? Hating on Vitale seems so 20 years ago. Dude's good and brings energy and passion to the sport.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by HawkFantastic:
They usually don't show the full ad. Usually they do the version where only Robinson is on camera, and Vitale's voice is piped in. The full version shows Vitale in a glass sound booth yapping away.Â
I keep hoping the booth starts filling with water.Â

Why? Hating on Vitale seems so 20 years ago. Dude's good and brings energy and passion to the sport.
Totally agree. There aren't many people who have the passion for what they do more than him. If you have haters, you're doing something right.

Howard Cosell and Dick Vitale are two guys who
made a living by talking loudly and often. Their
passion behind the microphone came across on
TV screens as obnoxious.

laugh.r191677.gif

The commercial is actually quite clever.

Reminiscent of the "Howard the Duck" presence amongst "The Collectors" artifacts.

Originally posted by HawkFantastic:
They usually don't show the full ad. Usually they do the version where only Robinson is on camera, and Vitale's voice is piped in. The full version shows Vitale in a glass sound booth yapping away.Â
I keep hoping the booth starts filling with water.Â

Energy without focus is spastic. He is a shameless homer for certain coaches who just yells into the microphone. He provides no analysis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT