ADVERTISEMENT

The Demise of the Big 12 would be good for Iowa

isu desperately trying to be the champions of the “leftover and left behind league”. I see there was a study done recently showing the top fan bases across the country for College Football. Iowa is I think #40 with around 2.4m while the clowns are #64 with amount to about 0.8M. I can’t figure out why the Big Ten isn’t breaking down doors to get the clowns. I guess that Story County TV market just isn’t that lucrative.

More “reality” that must be ignored for clown fans.
You want so bad for the big 12 to die, your hatred for isu is unhealthy.

Reactions: steelrain
Actually I don’t give a rip if the Texas Ten survives or not. The massive difference between the haves (Iowa) and the have not’s (isu) is going to get exponentially larger. Again if clown fans didn’t come here and shoot off their mouths I would leave them alone. No, mocking clown fans for their adversarial relationship with reality is just for entertainment purposes. Funny how worked up you all get. You act like dopes and then get pissed when your noses are rubbed in it. Now we all know that hatred of Iowa is a foundational cornerstone of isu culture, otherwise clown fans wouldn’t be here posting, assaulting our Marching band or damaging our team bus when we beat the clowns in lames yet again.

Must ignore?

Last edited:

Big 12 probably isn't going anywhere. Clearly way behind the top 2 but the PAC is the one that will be in big trouble here without some major changes.
Do isu fans really believe the massive difference in revenue between the big 12 and Big Ten won’t translate into on the field results? I know pointing out the obvious simply isn’t playing fair with clown fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikesright
Hey 515clown,

I see KF is on the pre-season watch list for the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year award. You and isu fans better boycott it as lord god Matty boy is nowhere to be found. Get Cylights on Twitter and crybaby Brent Blum to help you out. They are bound to have answers. Well once they get done fawning over a pedestrian bridge linking an empty field to a parking lot that is.

Just more “reality” for clown fans to be pissed about I guess.

Do isu fans really believe the massive difference in revenue between the big 12 and Big Ten won’t translate into on the field results? I know pointing out the obvious simply isn’t playing fair with clown fans.
Cmon man they built a walking bridge across a busy street by the stadium!!!!!! To them that is massive progress and a huge draw for game days!!!!!

Reactions: HerkyFan

I think having a massive difference in revenue will give Big 10 teams a huge advantage.

Whether that will parlay itself into on field results, I don't know in every case. The Big 10 has had a massive advantage already over many other schools and it hasn't resulted in better on field results for every school. Texas has had a massive advantage over ISU in every possible way forever and over the last 5 years the conference records for both schools are 29-16 for ISU and 25-19 for Texas. It still matters a lot what you do with those resources.

Reactions: kceasthawk

william-shatner-irony.gif

I think having a massive difference in revenue will give Big 10 teams a huge advantage.

Whether that will parlay itself into on field results, I don't know in every case. The Big 10 has had a massive advantage already over many other schools and it hasn't resulted in better on field results for every school. Texas has had a massive advantage over ISU in every possible way forever and over the last 5 years the conference records for both schools are 29-16 for ISU and 25-19 for Texas. It still matters a lot what you do with those resources.
The difference is that today it is still the P5. When the P5 becomes the P2 not only will the resources ($) change but the desire of the Head Coaches, Coaching Staffs, S&C Staffs, Players and Recruits to compete at the highest level which will cause a re-distribution of talent between the haves (Iowa) and the have not’s (isu). I can see this eventually being a situation like the FCS trying to compete with the FBS today. Sure the FCS schools make headlines when they beat a FBS school today but that is because it is a massive upset. Same will occur over time when those not in the P2 defeat the schools in the P2.

Will isu football exist in 10-15 years, sure it will. Will they be playing at the highest level of College Football as they do today? I doubt it.

The difference is that today it is still the P5. When the P5 becomes the P2 not only will the resources ($) change but the desire of the Head Coaches, Coaching Staffs, S&C Staffs, Players and Recruits to compete at the highest level which will cause a re-distribution of talent between the haves (Iowa) and the have not’s (isu). I can see this eventually being a situation like the FCS trying to compete with the FBS today. Sure the FCS schools make headlines when they beat a FBS school today but that is because it is a massive upset. Same will occur over time when those not in the P2 defeat the schools in the P2.

Will isu football exist in 10-15 years, sure it will. Will they be playing at the highest level of College Football as they do today? I doubt it.

If you think the playoff is going to just be the Big 10 and SEC on any close timeframe, we'll agree to disagree. Also, there are only so many players. Unless the Big 10 and SEC get rid of scholarship limits they'll have to go somewhere.

If you think the playoff is going to just be the Big 10 and SEC on any close timeframe, we'll agree to disagree. Also, there are only so many players. Unless the Big 10 and SEC get rid of scholarship limits they'll have to go somewhere.
I said in the next 10-15 years . I can easily see once the Big Ten and SEC are the P2 with between 36-40 schools they set up their own playoff and probably expand scholarship limits because they will be able to afford to do it. You go from 85 to 100 and that takes way 540-600 players that are going somewhere else today. I don’t know how to help you if you don’t think that would have an impact on the players available to the have not’s.

So because I post “reality” that clown fans don’t like I “hate isu”?

You should market that “leap to conclusions game” that was in the movie Office Space.

I said in the next 10-15 years . I can easily see once the Big Ten and SEC are the P2 with between 36-40 schools they set up their own playoff and probably expand scholarship limits because they will be able to afford to do it. You go from 85 to 100 and that takes way 540-600 players that are going somewhere else today. I don’t know how to help you if you don’t think that would have an impact on the players available to the have not’s.
Cincinnati vs Alabama really was not even a close game. Could have been way worse than that. It will just get worse over coming years in terms of differences

I mean this sincerely, I think that'd be really bad for college football in general. I linked a podcast in the other thread, but when teams stop mattering, it's not like their fans become fans of other schools. They just stop following college football at all. I know I'd be one.

Regardless in 15 years I'll be pushing 60. Hopefully I'm still around and in good health and we'll figure it out then.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I mean this sincerely, I think that'd be really bad for college football in general. I linked a podcast in the other thread, but when teams stop mattering, it's not like their fans become fans of other schools. They just stop following college football at all. I know I'd be one.

Regardless in 15 years I'll be pushing 60. Hopefully I'm still around and in good health and we'll figure it out then.
Is this all that different than when College Football went to the P5 vs the G5? I don’t think so other than isu not being in the remaining 40. I don’t think isu will lose fans nor will isu being in a lower tier in any way slow down their mouth breathers.

That 5 Star culture isu is always touting. At least now they have a pedestrian bridge to go with it.

• Haha
Reactions: shudaddy
Will they be playing at the highest level of College Football as they do today? I doubt it.
Outside of Oklahoma the b12 has been far from the highest level of cfb for awhile now with the pillow fight defenses and poor NFL draft results

Is this all that different than when College Football went to the P5 vs the G5? I don’t think so other than isu not being in the remaining 40. I don’t think isu will lose fans nor will isu being in a lower tier in any way slow down their mouth breathers.

That 5 Star culture isu is always touting. At least now they have a pedestrian bridge to go with it.

Just my opinion, when teams don't matter anymore, their fans know. It would have a big effect. G5 teams can still make the playoff even if it's unlikely. If the other conferences don't have access to the playoff, and a regional sport like CFB becomes essentially an NFL minor league with 36-40 teams, I'd easily just move on to watching the Chiefs only.

Just my opinion, when teams don't matter anymore, their fans know. It would have a big effect. G5 teams can still make the playoff even if it's unlikely. If the other conferences don't have access to the playoff, and a regional sport like CFB becomes essentially an NFL minor league with 36-40 teams, I'd easily just move on to watching the Chiefs only.
That’s fine, I have a feeling the P2 won’t lose any sleep by not having the interest of isu fans.

You’re not wrong, but it could easily be a 16 team field with 4 for the B1G and 4 SEC (half the field). Everyone else and ND competing for the remaining 8 spots.

If it remains as it is now. The B1G and SEC are going to be well represented in the playoffs. The LOL’s will fight for scraps. That’s just going to be how it is.

That’s fine, I have a feeling the P2 won’t lose any sleep by not having the interest of isu fans.

I'm not saying they would. I'm saying the P2, that would like to have their sport remain one of the major American sports, may be interested in the fans of many of the other teams that would be left out.

You’re not wrong, but it could easily be a 16 team field with 4 for the B1G and 4 SEC (half the field). Everyone else and ND competing for the remaining 8 spots.

I just don't think anybody knows anything when we're talking 10-15 years down the road.

I'm guessing a huge percentage of people on this board including Herky were talking about four 16 team superconferences and how ISU was going to get left out not that long ago. Well that was completely incorrect.

Reactions: iahawks10
I'm not saying they would. I'm saying the P2, that would like to have their sport remain one of the major American sports, may be interested in the fans of many of the other teams that would be left out.
The top 50 fan bases account for over 90% of those that watch college football. isu sits at #64. Iowa is around #40. The P2 will continue to have College Football one of the “top American sports” without those fan bases outside of their control.

I just don't think anybody knows anything when we're talking 10-15 years down the road.

I'm guessing a huge percentage of people on this board including Herky were talking about four 16 team superconferences and how ISU was going to get left out not that long ago. Well that was completely incorrect.
I never once thought it was going to be 4 16 team leagues.

I have however always thought isu would have a tough sell for getting into a different league based solely on its football history and overall lack of success. They simply don’t bring anything of value to a league hunting big game. That hasn’t changed.

I never once thought it was going to be 4 16 team leagues.

I have however always thought isu would have a tough sell for getting into a different league based solely on its football history and overall lack of success. They simply don’t bring anything of value to a league hunting big game. That hasn’t changed.

That's fair. However ISU brings nothing to another league because they are in Iowa. Success doesn't matter or Rutgers never would have been in the Big 10.

That's fair. However ISU brings nothing to another league because they are in Iowa. Success doesn't matter or Rutgers never would have been in the Big 10.
But Rutgers is in the Big Ten and it brought new footprint to the conference when it was admitted. It was also admitted for reasons other than athletics. Same with Maryland. What does isu bring to any new conference except the TV market of Story County? isu isn’t an AAU school so academics and research can’t be the answer.

I've always said this. Having 2 P5 football programs in this tiny state without pro sports does nothing but hold back Iowa. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Nebraska*. All of those states save NE have much larger population bases. If the BIG 12 goes away and clowntown goes MAC/MWC and irrelevant it could be nothing but good for the Iowa program.

An interesting premise but for Iowa to be a Top 10 team they need to go get a good number of out of state players who are projected to be or turn out to be really good or great. Iowa cannot sustain a top team with mainly Iowa talent.

An interesting premise but for Iowa to be a Top 10 team they need to go get a good number of out of state players who are projected to be or turn out to be really good or great. Iowa cannot sustain a top team with mainly Iowa talent.
That is very much true. While Iowa HS football is producing more talent than they ever have, the numbers simply are not there like they are in IL, OH, MI, TX, FL, PA or CA.

Once it is

It don't think your 10-15 years down the road is even close to accurate.

Well other than a few bright spots like recently Iowa State football hasn't mattered for almost the entirety of its existence.... which is why it would be easy for you to move on to Chiefs only I imagine (sounds like you've been there already). Why are you acting like this would be a new phenomenon? College football has excelled over the years without programs like ISU and Kansas mattering

ADVERTISEMENT