ADVERTISEMENT

The dems are having problems running their dog and pony show....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
The Jan. 6 committee announced Tuesday morning that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed -- but conflicting explanations were offered as to why.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., told reporters on Capitol Hill following the committee's announcement that there was no issue with witnesses in moving the hearing but "technical issues."

"It's just technical issues. I mean, we were, you know, the staff putting together all the videos, you know, doing 1-2-3, It was overwhelming, so we're trying to give them a little room," she said. "It's not a big deal."

Appearing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" earlier, she said "putting together the video exhibits is an exhausting exercise for our very small video staff ... it's just too much to put it all together."

But when asked later if Lofgren's explanation of the hearing postponement is accurate, a committee aide said "no."

The aide said the hearing has been "postponed to accommodate scheduling demands."

Not long after the committee issued a statement saying, "The postponement is due to a number of scheduling factors, including production timeline and availability of members and witnesses."

The hearing's focus was to be then-President Donald Trump's pressure campaign on the Justice Department to back his false claims of election fraud.

Former acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen had accepted an invitation from the Jan. 6 committee to appear at Wednesday's hearing, alongside his then-deputy Richard Donoghue and one of DOJ's former top attorneys Steve Engel, according to a letter obtained by ABC News sent from Rosen's attorney to the committee.

The Jan. 6 committee announced Tuesday morning that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed -- but conflicting explanations were offered as to why.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., told reporters on Capitol Hill following the committee's announcement that there was no issue with witnesses in moving the hearing but "technical issues."

"It's just technical issues. I mean, we were, you know, the staff putting together all the videos, you know, doing 1-2-3, It was overwhelming, so we're trying to give them a little room," she said. "It's not a big deal."

Appearing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" earlier, she said "putting together the video exhibits is an exhausting exercise for our very small video staff ... it's just too much to put it all together."

But when asked later if Lofgren's explanation of the hearing postponement is accurate, a committee aide said "no."

The aide said the hearing has been "postponed to accommodate scheduling demands."

Not long after the committee issued a statement saying, "The postponement is due to a number of scheduling factors, including production timeline and availability of members and witnesses."

The hearing's focus was to be then-President Donald Trump's pressure campaign on the Justice Department to back his false claims of election fraud.

Former acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen had accepted an invitation from the Jan. 6 committee to appear at Wednesday's hearing, alongside his then-deputy Richard Donoghue and one of DOJ's former top attorneys Steve Engel, according to a letter obtained by ABC News sent from Rosen's attorney to the committee.

Your passive support for Jan 6th is not so passive...

The cornerstone of their hearing has been video of the event that is not new, video of Trump people saying they didn't agree with him, and a capitol police officer who asked why they didn't get any help (Nancy?). Hell of an effort. The fake collusion stuff was more compelling.

At least Joey has started to attempt to address the wealth gap in this country. Almost everyone is financially worse off than before he became president. So most of us on here with net worths less than 8 figures, are closer to the billionaire class now!

Reactions: doughuddl2

The cornerstone of their hearing has been video of the event that is not new, video of Trump people saying they didn't agree with him, and a capitol police officer who asked why they didn't get any help (Nancy?). Hell of an effort. The fake collusion stuff was more compelling.
What does Pelosi have to do with it?

Reactions: BGHAWK
At least Joey has started to attempt to address the wealth gap in this country. Almost everyone is financially worse off than before he became president. So most of us on here with net worths less than 8 figures, are closer to the billionaire class now!
I was super close to billionaire status, then I had to fill my gas tank to get to work. Fun while it lasted, but back to a poor again.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Seems legit.

The whole thing was Mackey mouse when they were not even really going for charges just public opinion.

Last edited:
It takes a certain kind of idiocy to consider it anything but the most important thing to happen to our country in the last century.
Call me an idiot then :)

I'd put the Great Depression, Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Cuban Missile Crisis, Iraq Invasion, Watergate ahead of Jan 6 for starters in the last century. At least as far as consequential events. Probably more but just spit balling...

A fitting video to recap the hearing. The CLOWNS are fricking hilarious, too bad its their farewell tour.

Surprised the "Official" statement wasn't "Putin" hackers caused the delay.

Call me an idiot then :)

I'd put the Great Depression, Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Cuban Missile Crisis, Iraq Invasion, Watergate ahead of Jan 6 for starters in the last century. At least as far as consequential events. Probably more but just spit balling...
To be honest, none of those items mentioned, threatened our republic from the inside.

Reactions: Joes Place
How did the ratings look last night? They’ve really turned this into a clown show. Only the stupidest of puppets are falling for their tricks.
I didn't watch last night. I watched the first night and when I learned it was just a talking spectacle, nothing that was going to end with "and this is why we believe he should be charged with x,y,z", I confirmed it is all fluff to keep the people who are miserable distracted. I don't know how it did from a ratings standpoint.

I didn't watch last night. I watched the first night and when I learned it was just a talking spectacle, nothing that was going to end with "and this is why we believe he should be charged with x,y,z", I confirmed it is all fluff to keep the people who are miserable distracted. I don't know how it did from a ratings standpoint.
I could see it coming a mile away. When it came out that it was a prime time event with a professional production team, I actually laughed out loud. Unbelievable how stupid the masses have become in this country.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
ADVERTISEMENT