ADVERTISEMENT

The dems are having problems running their dog and pony show....

I am capable of dealing with more than one thing at once. I've also lived through multiple recessions. Older posters have lived through more. 1/6 isn't the same thing as a recession. It's sad that so many people are falling victim to the pushed narratives.

Where did I say that J6 was the same?

I am telling you what young people are concerned about.

Where did I say that J6 was the same?

I am telling you what young people are concerned about.
I know what you posted, and it's up to Dems to empathize, and show the dangers of electing people that Trad approves of who are ignoring what happened on 1/6. That is the subject matter of this thread. It's up to Dems to show that a GOP congress would have no solutions for inflation, and they are not worthy of governing if their end goal is to put the boot heels on the necks of Americans in order to put an autocrat into the WH, and do a better job of backing him up this time around. Gas prices don't mean squat if our democracy dies. What do you think happens if the House and Senate is under GOP control in January of 2025 and Biden defeats Trump again?

Reactions: BGHAWK
You know what people care about?

Sky high gas prices
Sky high food prices
Sky high housing/rent prices
Sky high energy costs
Wages behind inflation
Stock market falling horribly

If there are charges to be pressed, press them.
If there are criminals to arrest, arrest them.

Otherwise, we need to start figuring out how we are going to deal with the incoming recession.
Yes and it not going to get any better under an authoritarian state.

Call me an idiot then :)

I'd put the Great Depression, Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Cuban Missile Crisis, Iraq Invasion, Watergate ahead of Jan 6 for starters in the last century. At least as far as consequential events. Probably more but just spit balling...
Call me an idiot as well.

I'm completely 100% over it.

City blocks have burned, massive rioting/looting, all that has been forgotten. Yet this hasn't.

How about we MOVE FORWARD and worry about more important items.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
There has to be a point, and maybe it’s not too far away with what AOC was saying the other day, when the Democrat politicians turn on Biden. That will not be pretty.

There has to be a point, and maybe it’s not too far away with what AOC was saying the other day, when the Democrat politicians turn on Biden. That will not be pretty.
Depends on the mid-terms.

If the D’s get wrecked the knives will be out.

You know what people care about?

Sky high gas prices
Sky high food prices
Sky high housing/rent prices
Sky high energy costs
Wages behind inflation
Stock market falling horribly

If there are charges to be pressed, press them.
If there are criminals to arrest, arrest them.

Otherwise, we need to start figuring out how we are going to deal with the incoming recession.

I care about protecting our democracy and bringing those responsible to justice. If we as a country do not take care of that problem, the half a dozen things you say you care about won't mean cocka.

Call me an idiot as well.

I'm completely 100% over it.

City blocks have burned, massive rioting/looting, all that has been forgotten. Yet this hasn't.

How about we MOVE FORWARD and worry about more important items.

We're moving forward, just not on the things that right wingers don't care about, like protecting our democracy.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
I care about protecting our democracy and bringing those responsible to justice. If we as a country do not take care of that problem, the half a dozen things you say you care about won't mean cocka.

Then arrest the criminals, let’s go!

I have no problem with that.

The Jan. 6 committee announced Tuesday morning that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed -- but conflicting explanations were offered as to why.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., told reporters on Capitol Hill following the committee's announcement that there was no issue with witnesses in moving the hearing but "technical issues."

"It's just technical issues. I mean, we were, you know, the staff putting together all the videos, you know, doing 1-2-3, It was overwhelming, so we're trying to give them a little room," she said. "It's not a big deal."

Appearing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" earlier, she said "putting together the video exhibits is an exhausting exercise for our very small video staff ... it's just too much to put it all together."

But when asked later if Lofgren's explanation of the hearing postponement is accurate, a committee aide said "no."

The aide said the hearing has been "postponed to accommodate scheduling demands."

Not long after the committee issued a statement saying, "The postponement is due to a number of scheduling factors, including production timeline and availability of members and witnesses."

The hearing's focus was to be then-President Donald Trump's pressure campaign on the Justice Department to back his false claims of election fraud.

Former acting Attorney General Jeff Rosen had accepted an invitation from the Jan. 6 committee to appear at Wednesday's hearing, alongside his then-deputy Richard Donoghue and one of DOJ's former top attorneys Steve Engel, according to a letter obtained by ABC News sent from Rosen's attorney to the committee.

How you doing, Bro? How did you like the hearings today? Any complaints as to how poorly they are detailing the failed coup?

Reactions: RileyHawk
It's political theater and everybody knows it. Bread and circuses for the left. No one else cares.
Did you like the resolution and sound quality of the theater as your fellow Trump supporters screamed that they were going to kill Mike Pence?

Reactions: Joes Place
The country is done with Biden. Current poll says Trump would beat him. That is how incapable Biden is. Unbelievable. Only bumbling Joe could manage this.

As inflation keeps rising and recession fears loom, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that Joe Biden is currently in the worst shape of his presidency.

The survey of 1,541 U.S. adults, which was conducted from June 10-13, found that if another presidential election were held today, more registered voters say they would cast ballots for Donald Trump (44%) than for Biden (42%) — even though the House Jan. 6 committee has spent the last week linking Trump to what it called a “seditious conspiracy” to overturn the 2020 election and laying the groundwork for possible criminal prosecution.

Since Biden took office, no previous Yahoo News/YouGov poll has shown him trailing Trump (though Biden’s most recent leads have been within the margin of error, like this one is for Trump). One year ago, Biden led Trump by 9 percentage points. In 2020, Biden won the White House by more than 7 million votes.

Yet Biden’s job approval rating has been atrophying for much of the last year, and the new survey shows that it has never been weaker. A full 56% of Americans now disapprove of the president’s performance — the highest share to date — while just 39% approve. Three weeks ago, those numbers were 53% and 42%, respectively.

It's political theater and everybody knows it. Bread and circuses for the left. No one else cares.

Political theater? LOL All of the witnesses have been republicans. Political would be if all of the committee members were democrats and the majority of witnesses were democrats. You don't have much credibility and you aren't helping yourself.

Political theater? LOL All of the witnesses have been republicans. Political would be if all of the committee members were democrats and the majority of witnesses were democrats. You don't have much credibility and you aren't helping yourself.

ALL congressional hearings are political theater. It's a chance for them to get on TV.

yes. Along with you and every other person on this board.
Zero chance anyone is tuning in with an open mind waiting to be convinced one way or the other.
So what is your determination? That Trump did nothing wrong and should be allowed to be President again? That this is all a hoax?

So what is your determination? That Trump did nothing wrong and should be allowed to be President again? That this is all a hoax?
If he did something illegal charge him and convict him. If not what’s the point of all this? No he won’t be president again, no it’s not a hoax.

So did you go into the hearings with an open mind or was it already made up?

If he did something illegal charge him and convict him. If not what’s the point of all this? No he won’t be president again, no it’s not a hoax.

So did you go into the hearings with an open mind or was it already made up?
That's what is being presented now, but you have already made up your mind. At this point there is no reason he can't be President again and my guess is you would vote for him.

I went into the hearings wanting to know what all the evidence is on Trump and others. It has been very revealing. But you don't care because....

Reactions: BGHAWK
That's what is being presented now, but you have already made up your mind. At this point there is no reason he can't be President again and my guess is you would vote for him.

I went into the hearings wanting to know what all the evidence is on Trump and others. It has been very revealing. But you don't care because....
Didn’t vote for him the first 2 times, I’m gonna start now?

I don’t care because I wouldn’t vote for him, I’m not a judge, the doj, a prosecutor, and would never be on the jury. If he did something illegal, send him to jail. My opinion, like yours and about 300 million other Americans mean squat in this. It’s a made for tv special to drag down
Trump and republicans to try and sway some midterm votes.
Any evidence they had, would come to light in a trial at some…. But instead of filing charges, they hire a producer and put it on tv.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn

I don’t care because I wouldn’t vote for him, I’m not a judge, the doj, a prosecutor, and would never be on the jury. If he did something illegal, send him to jail. My opinion, like yours and about 300 million other Americans mean squat in this. It’s a made for tv special to drag down
Any evidence they had, would come to light in a trial at some…. But instead of filing charges, they hire a producer and put it on tv.
You really are ignorant on Congressional investigations. As are so many of your right wing buddies.

Who exactly is dragging down Trump? All the witnesses giving relevant testimony at this hearing thus far have been Republicans - Bill Barr, Jarod Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Mark Short, Eric Herschmann, Judge Michael Luttig, and Craig Jacob. And what have we discovered? Trump knowingly tried to overthrow the results of a free and fair election by conspiring with John Eastman on a hair-brain scheme (both new it was illegal) to have Mike Pence not certify on January 6th. DOJ no doubt will decide whether to indict Trump and Eastman.

Who exactly is dragging down Trump? All the witnesses giving relevant testimony at this hearing thus far have been Republicans - Bill Barr, Jarod Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Mark Short, Eric Herschmann, Judge Michael Luttig, and Craig Jacob. And what have we discovered? Trump knowingly tried to overthrow the results of a free and fair election by conspiring with John Eastman on a hair-brain scheme (both new it was illegal) to have Mike Pence not certify on January 6th. DOJ no doubt will decide whether to indict Trump and Eastman.
They are all RINOs that HATE TRUMP!!

You really are ignorant on Congressional investigations. As are so many of your right wing buddies.

Is it possible that a person can stick their head in the sand and one of the consequences is that the sand leaks in from their nose or ears and clogs their brain? Just wondering because there must be some logical reason for some of these goof balls.

yes. Along with you and every other person on this board.
Zero chance anyone is tuning in with an open mind waiting to be convinced one way or the other.
Weird that another poster indicated his relative, who was a Trump supporter, already changed his mind on this, after just the first or second hearing.

ADVERTISEMENT