ADVERTISEMENT

The EPA to review the danger to humans of the key component of Round Up.

There would be a huge impact to the agriculture industry if they banned Roundup. Some potentially good things and some bad things.

Is it better for the environment to no till corn/soybeans and simply spray twice or better to do fall tillage, spring tillage, and cultivate twice?

Reactions: goldmom
Roundup for lawn use is very likely safe. For the ag biz I'm not as sure. But Roundup is fast nearing the end of its useful commercial life in any event as the weed are adapting to its use and developing resistance.

Roundup for lawn use is very likely safe. For the ag biz I'm not as sure. But Roundup is fast nearing the end of its useful commercial life in any event as the weed are adapting to its use and developing resistance.
My dad said that this is the last year he can use it on the little bit he still farms. It’s not killing most of the weeds anymore

Reactions: BioHawk and goldmom
Never fear. There will be another Roundup to come along that will be even better for the human species to ingest
More likely than not we will see continued advancement in the gene work being done on our main crops of corn, soybeans, and wheat. What they have accomplished so far in this field has proved very effective.

I bought some grass killer instead of Roundup to use along my rock landscaping. It was Ortho or Spectracide, can't remember. It didn't do crap.

Reactions: goldmom
This. The **occasional** use of Roundup formulated for residential is different than the heavy spray formulas used in commercial agriculture. If I spray a small amount on weeds that pop up on my driveway I am just not concerned.

Amazon.com
As a side note on Amazon- You can get a mob hitman sized container of lye for $1,100.00 ($0.13/Fl Oz)

71zXTnqilwL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT