ADVERTISEMENT

The FBI Confirms Its Brett Kavanaugh Investigation Was A Total Sham

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Oh, well, it's not like he received a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court or anything.
Vanity Fair said:
[A] sense of outrage only deepened last year, when we learned that the FBI had received 4,500—4,500!—tips about Kavanaugh, which were referred to the White House, i.e. the organization trying to get the guy confirmed to the Court. And now, the FBI has confirmed that, yeah, it didn't really feel the need to look into any of those tips, and when it did follow up on some, the White House was making sure it didn't dig too far.
Click to shrink...

In a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Thursday, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse had the following exchange with FBI director Christopher Wray (emphasis ours):

Whitehouse: As you know, we are now entering the fourth year of a frustrating saga that began with an August 2019 letter from me and Senator Chris Coons, regarding the Kavanaugh supplemental background investigation. And I'd like to try to get that matter wrapped up. First, is it true that after Kavanaugh-related tips were separated from regular tip-line traffic, they were forwarded to White House counsel without investigation?

Wray: I apologize in advance that it has been frustrating for you. We have tried to be clear about our process. So when it comes to the tip line, we wanted to make sure that the White House had all the information we have, so when the hundreds of calls started coming in, we gathered those up, reviewed them, and provided them to the White House—

Whitehouse: Without investigation?

Wray [long pause]: We reviewed them and then provided them to—

Whitehouse: You reviewed them for purposes of separating them from tip-line traffic, but did not further investigate the ones that related to Kavanaugh, correct?

Wray: Correct.

Whitehouse: Is it also true that, in that supplemental B.I. [background investigation], the FBI took direction from the White House as to whom the FBI would question, and even what questions the FBI could ask?

Wray: So, it is true that, consistent with the longstanding process that we have had going all the way back to at least the Bush administration, the Obama administration, the Trump administration, and continue to follow currently under the Biden administration, that in a limited supplemental B.I., we take direction from the requesting entity, which in this case was the White House, as to what follow-up they want. That's the direction we've followed. That's the direction we've consistently followed throughout the decades, frankly. You asked specifically about who and what?

Whitehouse: Yeah. I said, Is it true?

Wray: It is true as to the who. I'm not sure, as I sit here, whether it's also true as to the "what questions," but it is true as to the who we interviewed.

Should they have investigated the completely made up crap stories from when he was in high school?

Some chick comes out of no where, says something happened to her, at a house (don’t know which house) that one year (not sure which year) with three other people (none of which confirmed it, including her best friend).

But yeah, something definitely happened.

This is exactly what we get when the social contract is tossed out the window. So many of the guardrails against tyranny in our Government rely on things like honor and dignity instead of code, and too many Americans have been fleeced into thinking that is a bad thing.

What was right means the White House rescind his nomination and find someone else.
What was right was for Feinstein or whoever it was, to not play politics and then cry when you play politics. If Kavanaugh was such a problem, playing politics was bullshit.

What was right was for Feinstein or whoever it was, to not play politics and then cry when you play politics. If Kavanaugh was such a problem, playing politics was bullshit.
Once again you fail to see the main point. 4500 tips were provided to the FBI who then gave to the White House who did nothing with them so he would be confirmed. THAT was the games.

Should they have investigated the completely made up crap stories from when he was in high school?

Some chick comes out of no where, says something happened to her, at a house (don’t know which house) that one year (not sure which year) with three other people (none of which confirmed it, including her best friend).

But yeah, something definitely happened.
Absolutely. 100%. Without a doubt.

What is the argument against due diligence when appointing someone to an immensely powerful lifetime position that is almost entirely insulated from accountability?

Once again you fail to see the main point. 4500 tips were provided to the FBI who then gave to the White House who did nothing with them so he would be confirmed. THAT was the games.
That information doesn't really mean anything without reference. Do they receive tips against all nominees? In our political climate there is no way you can say 4,500 democrats called in bs tips. You guys just glom on to any bit of anything that agrees with your ideology without ever asking any follow up questions.

That information doesn't really mean anything without reference. Do they receive tips against all nominees? In our political climate there is no way you can say 4,500 democrats called in bs tips. You guys just glom on to any bit of anything that agrees with your ideology without ever asking any follow up questions.
😆 they ignored the tips. How the **** you can still deflect and defend as facts roll in is truly pitiful and pathetic

You're way off base here. The validity of "the tips" you're skeptical about isn't the story. Educate yourself as to what happened and try to do it with your partisan bias at the door.

Last edited:
Bullshit. 4500 calls being received means nothing. The woman that testified should have faced charges for perjury as should Feinstein. That bullshit was ridiculous

Were these tips anonymous? Similar to Yelp reviews?

4500 people had negative encounters with Mr. Kavanaugh? On some level? One every second day for 25 years?

I would love to see the notes on these calls for a random sample of say ... 200 or so.

The tip they did choose to follow up, was ever so fricking ridiculous, making me wonder just how phony the other 4499 were.

Last edited:
Reactions: hwk23 and Tfxchawk
Too bad the right didn't supply a decent candidate.
He was a great candidate and is a great member of the supreme court. All of the women that actually have known and worked with him his entire career were on his side. Politicians and a lying scumbag witness are not telling the truth. The women that actually worked for him have said he is a wonderful advocate for women. His first act as a supreme court justice was to hire all women as his clerks. A clerkship for a law student at the supreme court is a launch to career unlike literally anything else and he only hired women. The first justice to ever do so and that includes any of the female justices. According to those that have actually worked for him this is normal for him and not a publicity stunt.

People like you are trash

I would support all tips being investigated, with the possibility of Kavanaugh losing his seat. I wouldn't open the scope for more claims, and it should be done with little visibility until/unless a claim is confirmed, but the claims made within the timeframe granted should be investigated.

Shame on those that confirmed his selection in the manner they did. One of the most critical decisions a politician can make, and it was made like it was closing time at the local tavern.

He was a great candidate and is a great member of the supreme court. All of the women that actually have known and worked with him his entire career were on his side. Politicians and a lying scumbag witness are not telling the truth. The women that actually worked for him have said he is a wonderful advocate for women. His first act as a supreme court justice was to hire all women as his clerks. A clerkship for a law student at the supreme court is a launch to career unlike literally anything else and he only hired women. The first justice to ever do so and that includes any of the female justices. According to those that have actually worked for him this is normal for him and not a publicity stunt.

I believe all that is true (except about the lying scumbag witness). I also believe he drunkenly attacked Ford at a party. I suspect Kavanaugh had buried that incident and in his mind it never happened. As you say, I don’t recall anything coming out about mistreatment of women in later life, certainly if he was a Harvey Weinstein-type there would’ve been plenty to come out.

Both can be true. Does that incident disqualify him? Does his good record as a lawyer and judge outweigh that incident? I guess those were the questions the Senate had to weigh.

Reactions: lucas80

No, asshole. The trash are the anti-American, democracy hating, ignorant, whiny fascists like yourself. Oh and GFY.

How do you worthless f**ks combine your kkk meetings with licking clarence's asshole?
You truly are a racist. That angry racist in you is just under the surface isn't it? Just waiting to come out. Clarence was right when he indicated he had gone through a modern day lynching. You are one of the people providing the rope aren't you? Remember always it was and remains democrats like you that started and ran the kkk. Strom Thurmond your daddy?

Does 4500 tips sound legitimate to you?

I thought Kavanaugh was a bad appointment. But we cannot operate like this. People like Julie Swenik were clearly just making stuff up but casually accusing guy of running gangbang trains and pulling a Cosby with the punch bowl. No evidence that they even were ever in the same place, but let’s give her hours on CNN?

As for Dr Ford, she cannot ever remember even meeting Kavanaugh for sure and her best friend contradicted her. But that doesn’t stop people from trying to ruin the man’s life.

Even now people on this thread calling him a serial rapist. No credible proof, oh well he’s on the other team so f him.

I get people are mad about Garland but that was a despicable circus. Of course the FBI didn’t investigate every anonymous tip from partisan agitators that came in, are you serious? They went through all of the comments on his high school yearbook so I’d say he got a thorough examination.

We knew this already, it’s just that Republicans don’t care. They craved that seat.
As far as Kavanaugh himself? Any normal administration would have pulled the nomination. Or, at least slowed down. But, and I’ve posted this before, Trump views any man accused of anything bad to be a proxy war against him, and a chance to disprove the dozens of women who have credibly accused him.

Reactions: BelemNole
We knew this already, it’s just that Republicans don’t care. They craved that seat.
As far as Kavanaugh himself? Any normal administration would have pulled the nomination. Or, at least slowed down. But, and I’ve posted this before, Trump views any man accused of anything bad to be a proxy war against him, and a chance to disprove the dozens of women who have credibly accused him.
You can’t pull the nomination over such flimsy nonsense. The benefit of the doubt on sexual harassment claims against gop by democrats has to be negative at this point.

Oh, well, it's not like he received a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court or anything.
"That’s the direction we’ve consistently followed throughout the decades, frankly." Thought you'd want part of the real conversation.

And so you're calling the FBI an consistent sham? Which has been some people's claim over the past 5 years

You truly are a racist. That angry racist in you is just under the surface isn't it? Just waiting to come out. Clarence was right when he indicated he had gone through a modern day lynching. You are one of the people providing the rope aren't you? Remember always it was and remains democrats like you that started and ran the kkk. Strom Thurmond your daddy?
LOL. Why do yo defend sexual predators? I would assume you are an incel.

ADVERTISEMENT