ADVERTISEMENT

The future isn't so bad.

fearthefuture21

Scout Team
Jul 22, 2021
‪Here's how I see it playing out...KF trust his delusional ego more than any former player, coach, analyst and makes zero changes. Proceeds to fall on his face for another year (losing record) and then retires at the end of next season and Bielema steps in as the new HC while retaining Parker and the entire defensive staff, but hires his guys for an actual positive producing run first offense.

While I would love to see that, changes will be made IMO. Brian will move to OL coach, Barnett will be shuffled somewhere else and we will bring in new OC and QB coach. That said, it may not matter if Capt. Kirk doesn't cede full responsibility to the new QB coach and OC.
Plus, we need to fully change the scheme and playcalls and hit the portal hard, both at QB and OL & WR, easy right?

While I would love to see that, changes will be made IMO. Brian will move to OL coach, Barnett will be shuffled somewhere else and we will bring in new OC and QB coach. That said, it may not matter if Capt. Kirk doesn't cede full responsibility to the new QB coach and OC.
Plus, we need to fully change the scheme and playcalls and hit the portal hard, both at QB and OL & WR, easy right?
If there's a move with BF, he won't be demoted, he will just be gone. No coordinator candidate will walk into a job situation where one of their already selected assistants is the son of the coach/previous failed OC/case study in nepotism gone wrong.

Brett is a few more burgers from have a fatal heart attack or stroke. I’m going on record to not wanting Butthead as Iowa’s coach.
You are proving my point
Brett is a few more burgers from have a fatal heart attack or stroke. I’m going on record to not wanting Butthead as Iowa’s coach.
fat shame all you want but if that's the only thing you can come up with on why he wouldnt be a good coach than keep it moving. The fact is he came into Illinois and turned them into BIG10 west title contenders in 2 years.

You are proving my point

fat shame all you want but if that's the only thing you can come up with on why he wouldnt be a good coach than keep it moving. The fact is he came into Illinois and turned them into BIG10 west title contenders in 2 years.

Contending for the West this year isn't much to post on a resume. It is absolutely the worst it has ever been. Maryland is the 4th best team in the East and they would beat every team in the West, including Illinois.

‪Here's how I see it playing out...KF trust his delusional ego more than any former player, coach, analyst and makes zero changes. Proceeds to fall on his face for another year (losing record) and then retires at the end of next season and Bielema steps in as the new HC while retaining Parker and the entire defensive staff, but hires his guys for an actual positive producing run first offense.
Bielema is trash. He disrespected Iowa when he was at Wisconsin. Always made excuses for Wisconsin losing and never gave Iowa any credit. He does not belong in an Iowa uniform. There are better options.

Again, if Iowa has a losing season this year and again next, he won’t be back as coach in 2024.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Contending for the West this year isn't much to post on a resume. It is absolutely the worst it has ever been. Maryland is the 4th best team in the East and they would beat every team in the West, including Illinois.

Except Purdue (of course) and highly unlikely at Wisconsin. So Maryland could likely go 1-2 vs the piss poor West.

Awweee, did he hurt your feelings?
You always give credit to the opposing team. To not do so is a snub and when it's your alma matter it's even more disrespectful. Also, he sucked badly at Arkansas. He is winning now but with Lovie's recruits.

Wait 2-3 years when he has his own players and I guarantee he won't be having the kind of success he's having this year.

He's not a good coach and Iowa can do much better.

You always give credit to the opposing team. To not do so is a snub and when it's your alma matter it's even more disrespectful. Also, he sucked badly at Arkansas. He is winning now but with Lovie's recruits.

Wait 2-3 years when he has his own players and I guarantee he won't be having the kind of success he's having this year.

Brett didn’t give you his autograph when you asked for it or wouldn’t take a picture with you? Or your wife has a crush on him or bitches you don’t have his paycheck?

Brett deep in your head.

Brett didn’t give you his autograph when you asked for it or wouldn’t take a picture with you? Or your wife has a crush on him or bitches you don’t have his paycheck?

Brett deep in your head.
Obviously you're too busy slobbing his knob to realize he's a bad coach. Immature d-bag.

You do know that Bret already has one more B1G championship than Kirk does in about 1/3 of the time right? In years 4, 5, and 6 at Wisconsin, with his players.

You do know that Bret already has one more B1G championship than Kirk does in about 1/3 of the time right? In years 4, 5, and 6 at Wisconsin, with his players.
Is that because he's a good coach, or because he inherited Barry's success. He didn't really have to do anything other than copy what Alvarez was already doing.

When he went to Arkansas and had to do it on his own, he fell on his face. I don't believe his is truly a good coach or he would have done something at Arkansas.

Obviously you're too busy slobbing his knob to realize he's a bad coach. Immature d-bag.
Saying that he's a bad coach seems to fly in the face of facts. He is generally disliked by opponents, which is fine. I don't want my coach to be liked by opponents. (By the way, Campbell, Fleck, et all seem to dislike KF, which is also fine with me).

Yes, the West is the worst it has ever been, by far. If Iowa had even a bad offense, they would be 5-2 now and with a very real path to the division. But since Iowa has a historically bad offense, they won't.

I don't see BB coming back to Iowa for any number of reasons. But it's not because he's a bad coach.

You are proving my point

That’s not fat shaming. It’s the reality to the shape he keeps himself in. Also, he’s sleazy and a cheat.

this-is-fine-its-fine.gif

You are proving my point

He came at a good time - WI and Iowa both down. He has got them bowl eligible this year but the year isn't over.

You are proving my point

If he’s having so much success at Illinois…. his native state….. what makes you think he’d take the Iowa job?

that isn’t open btw

All Iowa fans who still want Bret Bielema as head coach need to have Herky kidnap them, tie them down, force them to watch offensive "highlights" (and by highlights, I don't mean our good plays) from the Petras era, and get kicked in the nuts every time Petras makes a bad throw............

Its gotten to this point, people. Knock it off.

So funny that some of the very same people who always put Bielema down in the past with fat shame jokes and all other things are the ones screamin g out about him in this thread again. They struggle to accept reality and struggle with the success he's having at Illinois. When backed into a corner you're seeing here what now comes out of their mouths. All I know now is he took a dumpster fire at Illinois under Lovie and has them potentially winning the West in year two while we sit here at the bottom of the division with NW and actually trail Nebraska in the standings. In a big way these Bielema haters are being served karma!

I watched Bielema's teams at Arkansas. 2022 is a lucky blip for him, which probably won't sustain. He rode on Alvarez' tail at Wisconsin. And yeah, he's probably going to die going up a flight of stairs.

Iowa can and will do better whenever Ferentz decides to retire.
I love how all you that trashed Bielema is recent years now are having karma served to you and you look even more dumb with your explanations you are now trying to provide and trying to double down because you have no other options lol

So funny that some of the very same people who always put Bielema down in the past with fat shame jokes and all other things are the ones screamin g out about him in this thread again. They struggle to accept reality and struggle with the success he's having at Illinois. When backed into a corner you're seeing here what now comes out of their mouths. All I know now is he took a dumpster fire at Illinois under Lovie and has them potentially winning the West in year two while we sit here at the bottom of the division with NW and actually trail Nebraska in the standings. In a big way these Bielema haters are being served karma!
I mean.........congrats for everything falling into place for Illinois for their once in a generation division title run.

Iowa did it last year but let's ignore that because it devalues the argument for what Bielema accomplished while trying to make Iowa look bad..................

Let's also ignore that Illinois, our impending West division champs, posted a rousing, inspirational even, 9-6 victory over the worst P5 offense since the turn of the Century, at least.

Everyone is going to finally get their win back against Iowa's offense this year. We get it. Csb............

Let's see how sustainable all of this is, including Iowa having the worst offense in the country every year.

Then we can talk about whether or not we should stop fat shaming Burt................

P.S. That's rhetorical. We'll never stop. Because f*** Wisconsin, that's why. :cool:

Reactions: nelly02 and BBHawk
I mean.........congrats for everything falling into place for Illinois for their once in a generation division title run.

Iowa did it last year but let's ignore that because it devalues the argument for what Bielema accomplished while trying to make Iowa look bad..................

Let's also ignore that Illinois, our impending West division champs, posted a rousing, inspirational even, 9-6 victory over the worst P5 offense since the turn of the Century, at least.

Everyone is going to finally get their win back against Iowa's offense this year. We get it. Csb............

Let's see how sustainable all of this is, including Iowa having the worst offense in the country every year.

Then we can talk about whether or not we should stop fat shaming Burt................

P.S. That's rhetorical. We'll never stop. Because f*** Wisconsin, that's why. :cool:
You guys all had it wrong while he was at Wisconsin...he won and won and won, 3 Rose Bowl appearances. Now he is at Illinois and yes, it will sustain itself no matter how badly you don't want it to. Again, karma is a bitch and being humbled as you and your ilk are finding out isn't easy.

Last edited:
I'm definitely in the Bret camp.... @BBHawk and I had a back and forth on this already ;)

But I also get the "wait and see" approach. Taking a dumpster fire into what we see today looks impressive initially... even with a terrible Big West. Let's see if he can sustain it

I'm definitely in the Bret camp.... @BBHawk and I had a back and forth on this already ;)

But I also get the "wait and see" approach. Taking a dumpster fire into what we see today looks impressive initially... even with a terrible Big West. Let's see if he can sustain it
What he did in sustaining it at Wisconsin had convinced me. He learned from the best on how to turn programs around and sustain them- Fry, Snyder, Alvarez.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Maryland already lost to Purdue (West team), so you’re already wrong.

Reactions: ClarindaA's

It's not like he walked into a job in a barren recruiting field. He's done well with transfers and what Lovie left for him (good recruits). But I still feel that if he couldn't get it done in AR, he won't in IL.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
You guys all had it wrong while he was at Wisconsin...he won and won and won, 3 Rose Bowl appearances. (All of which he won, right?......) Now he is at Illinois and yes, it will sustain itself no matter how badly you don't want it to. (Oh......well now we're just being negative for the sake of trying to win an argument lol) Again, karma is a bitch and being humbled as you and your ilk are (Mmm yessss tell me how I've been humbled) finding out isn't easy.
Lol, karma isn't afraid of putting Burt in his place either. Or are you afraid of that happening.........................again?

P.S. Iowa > your version of Iowa > your new favorite head coach

Deal with it. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT