ADVERTISEMENT

The future isn't so bad.

It's not like he walked into a job in a barren recruiting field. He's done well with transfers and what Lovie left for him (good recruits). But I still feel that if he couldn't get it done in AR, he won't in IL.
You seem to insinuate that it’s easier to win games at Arkansas in the SEC West filled with elite programs and horrid instate recruiting than it is at Illinois……

You guys all had it wrong while he was at Wisconsin...he won and won and won, 3 Rose Bowl appearances. Now he is at Illinois and yes, it will sustain itself no matter how badly you don't want it to. Again, karma is a bitch and being humbled as you and your ilk are finding out isn't easy.

I’m not surprised that he’s at least gotten Illinois to competent this year, and that may be enough to win the division. Let’s see how he does next before saying what he’s doing will be sustainable.

Lovie had a good year also…and then got fired the year after. Brett is doing well in a year when the West is the weakest it’s ever been.

I’m not surprised that he’s at least gotten Illinois to competent this year, and that may be enough to win the division. Let’s see how he does next before saying what he’s doing will be sustainable.

Lovie had a good year also…and then got fired the year after. Brett is doing well in a year when the West is the weakest it’s ever been.
And I'm just saying Illinois won't be a one hit wonder. They'll be better in Year 3 of the Bielema regime than this year in Year 2.

You seem to insinuate that it’s easier to win games at Arkansas in the SEC West filled with elite programs and horrid instate recruiting than it is at Illinois……
Nope. His programs were substandard at AR, only as high as tying for 3rd in his division once. It's not like he had a recruiting disadvantage there.

And I'm just saying Illinois won't be a one hit wonder. They'll be better in Year 3 of the Bielema regime than this year in Year 2.

Possibly. They have to replace their running back, and I believe DeVito is a one year wonder. No idea who’s in the wings.

The rest of the division will likely be better as well.

Possibly. They have to replace their running back, and I believe DeVito is a one year wonder. No idea who’s in the wings.

The rest of the division will likely be better as well.
Bottom line we shouldn't be worried about everyone else. We better be worried about the shit show that's here right now. In real jeopardy of being passed by quickly and permanently by others in the league.

Does he just get a pass for how absolutely shitty he was at Arkansas? If we are going off of one year performances, maybe MSU will let Iowa take the rest of Tucker's contract.

Reactions: BBHawk
Does he just get a pass for how absolutely shitty he was at Arkansas? If we are going off of one year performances, maybe MSU will let Iowa take the rest of Tucker's contract.
Does Kirk get a pass at how shitty he was at Maine? The bottom line is he's no longer at Arkansas-- he's coaching in the league he was meant for and has only done incredibly well in it.

Does Kirk get a pass at how shitty he was at Maine? The bottom line is he's no longer at Arkansas-- he's coaching in the league he was meant for and has only done incredibly well in it.
So one year? Was Illinois good last year?

and? I'll use your terminology. "the bottom line is" there are plenty of better options available to Iowa at this point.
Maybe there is, maybe there's not. But it's clear Brett is in your head. Denied you of your picture with him or his autograph? Your girlfriend pissed at you that he makes more in a week than you do in a year? Maybe she has a crush on him that bothers you? Stop letting Brett own you.

Maybe there is, maybe there's not. But it's clear Brett is in your head. Denied you of your picture with him or his autograph? Your girlfriend pissed at you that he makes more in a week than you do in a year? Maybe she has a crush on him that bothers you? Stop letting Brett own you.
Back to the middle school battle when you cannot justify your position with facts. Pretty much what is expected. His recruiting is very middle of the pack, and he is winning with a transfer. Looks like a flash in the pan to me.

5th year at Arkansas:

Thursday
Aug. 31
Florida A&M Rattlers Football ScheduleFlorida A&M RattlersD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR8:00pm ETSECNW 49-7
Saturday
Sep. 9
TCU Football ScheduleTCU Horned FrogsD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR3:30pm ETCBSL 28-7
Saturday
Sep. 23
Texas A&M Football Schedulevs Texas A&M AggiesAT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX12:00pm ETESPNL 50-43(OT)
Saturday
Sep. 30
New Mexico State Football ScheduleNew Mexico State AggiesD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR12:00pm ETSECNW 42-24
Saturday
Oct. 7
South Carolina Football Scheduleat South Carolina GamecocksWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC4:00pm ETSECNL 48-22
Saturday
Oct. 14
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Scheduleat Alabama Crimson TideBryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL7:15pm ETESPNL 41-9
Saturday
Oct. 21
Auburn Football ScheduleAuburn TigersD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR7:30pm ETSECNL 52-20
Saturday
Oct. 28
Ole Miss Football Scheduleat Ole Miss RebelsVaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS12:00pm ETSECNW 38-37
Saturday
Nov. 4
Coastal Carolina Football ScheduleCoastal Carolina ChanticleersD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR4:00pm ETSECN Alt.W 39-38
Saturday
Nov. 11
LSU Football Scheduleat LSU TigersTiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA12:00pm ETESPNL 33-10
Saturday
Nov. 18
Mississippi State Bulldogs Football ScheduleMississippi State BulldogsD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR12:00pm ETCBSL 28-21
Friday
Nov. 24
Missouri Tigers Football ScheduleMissouri TigersD.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR2:30pm ETCBSL 48-45

So funny that some of the very same people who always put Bielema down in the past with fat shame jokes and all other things are the ones screamin g out about him in this thread again. They struggle to accept reality and struggle with the success he's having at Illinois. When backed into a corner you're seeing here what now comes out of their mouths. All I know now is he took a dumpster fire at Illinois under Lovie and has them potentially winning the West in year two while we sit here at the bottom of the division with NW and actually trail Nebraska in the standings. In a big way these Bielema haters are being served karma!
That's quite the leap. JFC.

Is that because he's a good coach, or because he inherited Barry's success. He didn't really have to do anything other than copy what Alvarez was already doing.

When he went to Arkansas and had to do it on his own, he fell on his face. I don't believe his is truly a good coach or he would have done something at Arkansas.
Midwest guys going to the SEC usually fall flat on their face. It's a good ole boy network and if you're not from there nobody takes you seriously. The only exception the big cheater, Saban. Trust me I lived in the SEC footprint for 8 years at Tennessee. Night and day difference from Big 10. If you don't win and win big you are toast quickly.

Is that because he's a good coach, or because he inherited Barry's success. He didn't really have to do anything other than copy what Alvarez was already doing.

When he went to Arkansas and had to do it on his own, he fell on his face. I don't believe his is truly a good coach or he would have done something at Arkansas.
Arkansas is in a lot tougher division than Iowa is. Illinois was a bottom dweller for the last 20 years, I think BB has done well there. Also you get better from time on the job and learning from your mistakes

Bottom line we shouldn't be worried about everyone else. We better be worried about the shit show that's here right now. In real jeopardy of being passed by quickly and permanently by others in the league.

One bad year by Iowa or one decent year by Illinois to date does not equal being passed quickly or permanently by others. This isn’t a case of Iowa facing a depleted roster. It’s a case of it becoming clear to Kirk that either he has to step down to let someone else take over or that he has to make the tougher call to fire his son and hire someone to overhaul the offense.

One bad year by Iowa or one decent year by Illinois to date does not equal being passed quickly or permanently by others. This isn’t a case of Iowa facing a depleted roster. It’s a case of it becoming clear to Kirk that either he has to step down to let someone else take over or that he has to make the tougher call to fire his son and hire someone to overhaul the offense.
fire his son? LOL LOL LOL LOL

I’m worried the damage is already done offensively. What receiver will come to iowa after this? Answer. Somebody with a promise things are changing and a six figure to million plus NIL deal. That might be our only hope. And that might not be enough. The year to get stuff done in the transfer portal was last year. We are already losing Laporta and I’d guess Keegan as well.

Imo the most likely scenario is that Kirk helps Brian get a job elsewhere and he gets a graceful exit.
Who hires him with his name attached currently as the main defendant in a discrimination lawsuit filed by former players?

Who hires him with his name attached currently as the main defendant in a discrimination lawsuit filed by former players?
Depends on if/when that gets resolved of course.

But either way, I don't believe he returns next season, at least as OC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT