ADVERTISEMENT

The great Dane Belton runs a 4.43 in the 40. Heading to the NY Giants

I saw some "analysts" saying before this they questioned his speed. So much for that. The kid is still improving as well. I think if he would have came back he could have been a top 3 round pick next year. I think Hooker is the best Cash guy but Belton isn't far behind.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Lots of the other safeties ran well too, really an impressive group of athletes at the Combine this year. But Belton is also very instinctual and plays fast too. Someone is going to get a very good player in the later rounds. I really think he is going to have a nice NFL career.

Lots of the other safeties ran well too, really an impressive group of athletes at the Combine this year. But Belton is also very instinctual and plays fast too. Someone is going to get a very good player in the later rounds. I really think he is going to have a nice NFL career.
Agree. Dane is one to two inches taller, and fifteen pounds heavier than the Combine players who beat him. He's physically more NFL-ready, and will bring great value for any Pro team.

Reactions: David1979
It'll be interesting to see how Iowa's CASH standouts translate to the NFL. Seems like Hooker, Stone and probably Dane will all be Free Safeties.

Reactions: wyldhawk9
He definitely made himself some money yesterday. Good for him, hope he becomes the next hawk to stand out at S in the NFL.
Yes he did. NFL Draft is such a measurable focused thing. Combine those testing numbers with his play in actual games, would seem he set himself up very well.

If you ask me, Belton was the most underrated player on Iowa's team the past two years. Hankins and Moss got so much attention, but all Belton did was make plays. He's a great football player who has the instincts to be a Micah Hyde type player. He will be a steal in this draft if he lasts past round three. He's tough, physical, and smart. Pretty hard to bypass him if you are looking for a safety that is NFL ready once you get past the top 2-3 players at the position.

Reactions: ichawk24
Am I the only one who thinks this is funny?

Fan when measurables aren't great: "Pfft who cares. They don't mean crap. Watch the tape"

Fan when measurables are great: "YES!. Gonna be a great one!"

Lol

Reactions: CaboKP
Am I the only one who thinks this is funny?

Fan when measurables aren't great: "Pfft who cares. They don't mean crap. Watch the tape"

Fan when measurables are great: "YES!. Gonna be a great one!"

Lol
Hmmm...I've never thought Spencer Petras was great...but he's 6'5" 240 pounds and throws darts with velocity. Now the darts may hit cheerleaders and spectators, but they have some velocity.

The Giants found gold in the 44th round by drafting Dane. He will become a starter in the future. Go get 'em, Dane. Show the G men what it means to have a Hawkeye on their team!

ADVERTISEMENT