ADVERTISEMENT

The Hammer is about to drop!

I'm 4/4 ..enough said. More coming next portal, 1 for sure. Speed.

Hmmm. So why does that speed need to wait until the next portal to sign? Anyone who entered the portal can sign anytime they and a school want. And which burner that didn't enter the early portal is waiting til spring to come to Iowa AFTER spring ball?

Oh that's right-you are FOS on this just like being 4-4. Hell, I am 100% on picking every election in the history of our nation after they happened.

Guys, the Alabama WR was really close to happening. It blew up at the end. If that happens, which was expected, you're looking at McNamara, a stud Bama WR, All at TE, plus Anderson.

The "hammer" hinged on the Bama guy coming, which would've gotten the excitement levels through the roof with the other additions. At the time soaker posted, this was expected to happen.

Not true. Saying after the fact that you were right (when you gave no names beforehand), doesn't count. Although you did say Teslaa was coming before backtracking TWICE when it looked like he wasn't. So I guess that makes you 0-1.

You are a joke.

Hmmm. So why does that speed need to wait until the next portal to sign? Anyone who entered the portal can sign anytime they and a school want. And which burner that didn't enter the early portal is waiting til spring to come to Iowa AFTER spring ball?

Oh that's right-you are FOS on this just like being 4-4. Hell, I am 100% on picking every election in the history of our nation after they happened.
He *IS* FOS. Claims to know someone who is "for sure" coming in next portal. Won't give a name, of course. Not to mention, why would this "sure thing" wait until next portal? Especially when the current one isn't closed yet?

And define "speed."

The man is a complete fool. I just laugh at him and look forward to see how much more ridiculous his next post will be.

Guys, the Alabama WR was really close to happening. It blew up at the end. If that happens, which was expected, you're looking at McNamara, a stud Bama WR, All at TE, plus Anderson.

The "hammer" hinged on the Bama guy coming, which would've gotten the excitement levels through the roof with the other additions. At the time soaker posted, this was expected to happen.
Regardless, Iowa and us didn't want any part of that alleged character issue, but Oregon doesn't seem to mind.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
So we are saying no late additions before the 18th? That would be sad if true but as long as we pick up some quality guys yet I'll be happy.

• Wow
So we are saying no late additions before the 18th? That would be sad if true but as long as we pick up some quality guys yet I'll be happy.
Current portal windows closes on the 18th, meaning one cannot enter the portal after 1/18. If already in, you remain there and probably take spring classes with current school or continue to be recruited. Next portal window to enter starts on May 1 after spring ball and goes for 2 weeks. Then it closes again.

He *IS* FOS. Claims to know someone who is "for sure" coming in next portal. Won't give a name, of course. Not to mention, why would this "sure thing" wait until next portal? Especially when the current one isn't closed yet?

And define "speed."

The man is a complete fool. I just laugh at him and look forward to see how much more ridiculous his next post will be.

Honestly, he is the only reason I hang out here. He is the best entertainment I can find for free.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Current portal windows closes on the 18th, meaning one cannot enter the portal after 1/18. If already in, you remain there and probably take spring classes with current school or continue to be recruited. Next portal window to enter starts on May 1 after spring ball and goes for 2 weeks. Then it closes again.
Dammit Jim, we are stuck in the portal! (in Bones' voice).

About as close as a Petras pass to a wide open receiver.

I can’t believe we haven’t gotten more guys from the portal.

Need another OL, LB, WR(s)…wtf are we doing.

Nebraska just got a LBer from Georgia. Wisky landed multiple P5 receivers among numerous other P5 additions.

We got a Division II tackle and a WR from the Big South conference.

Nebraska just got a LBer from Georgia. Wisky landed multiple P5 receivers among numerous other P5 additions.

3 of NEs gets have a total of about 5 tackles.

• Haha

Those teams also have new coaches that are trying to completely overhaul their roster. It’s an apple and orange comparison, how do you not get that? Just because they’re from the SEC or a P5 school doesn’t mean they’re instant starters, they’re transferring for a reason, usually lack of playing time. But keep up the doom and gloom act, we don’t get enough of that around here🙄

giphy.gif

Those teams also have new coaches that are trying to completely overhaul their roster. It’s an apple and orange comparison, how do you not get that? Just because they’re from the SEC or a P5 school doesn’t mean they’re instant starters, they’re transferring for a reason, usually lack of playing time. But keep up the doom and gloom act, we don’t get enough of that around here🙄
With this offensive staff? You darn right it’s gloom and doom. Seriously, 130 out of 131 and no changes by KF to date. I’m done going up games till they are gone. You can’t allow this continued craptastic offense scheme to happen on a yearly basis. The man has basically a lifetime contract with limited years left to coach, go get OC and qb coaches that can get you to the play offs with a chance to compete in those games instead of having 2/3 a team. It’s not fair to the other coaches and players that bust their butt playing defense and special teams. I just don’t get what the head man is thinking but putting Brian ahead of the program and team. That’s just plan wrong.

With this offensive staff? You darn right it’s gloom and doom. Seriously, 130 out of 131 and no changes by KF to date. I’m done going up games till they are gone. You can’t allow this continued craptastic offense scheme to happen on a yearly basis. The man has basically a lifetime contract with limited years left to coach, go get OC and qb coaches that can get you to the play offs with a chance to compete in those games instead of having 2/3 a team. It’s not fair to the other coaches and players that bust their butt playing defense and special teams. I just don’t get what the head man is thinking but putting Brian ahead of the program and team. That’s just plan wrong.
No changes other than a QB, WR, TE and OT?

No changes other than a QB, WR, TE and OT?
Quarterback yea. All fell into our lap probably because of Cade. But yes, those two are great gets. Don’t get me wrong I hope the one guy each we got at receiver and lineman are really good. But they’ve never played a down of big time college football, unlike the plethora of guys we swung and missed at in the portal. So we get an A for the first week of the portal. And an F for the past month.

Reactions: wxhawk
Again, any of those guys that are already in the portal can go wherever anyone wants them whenever they want them.
That's good to know. Some 'experts " say that a better quality of players will be entering the portal after spring ball.

That's good to know. Some 'experts " say that a better quality of players will be entering the portal after spring ball.
Even if there is better quality, which I doubt, there will so much more competition for a much more limited group of players. Not a good combo for recruiting offensive players to iowa right now. You are either recruiting guys to be backups at TE, QB, or RB. Or trying to recruit to OL and WR, and we all know how that’s going….i.e. Kadyn, Rouse, TeSlaa.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Again, use your brain a little, just a little. If 1/2 of the teams with better OFF stats played in the BIG they would have worse stats. Just as if we played in the SWAC (old school) like conferences our stats would be atleast middle of the pack.

If 100 of the teams ahead of them played in the BIG they would have worse OFF stats then Iowa. Can u fools ever think outisde the box.
I’ve done the math and by this guy’s calculations (take 13 big ten teams out) TCU and LSU would have worse offensive stats than iowa if they played in the Big Ten. How many did TCU drop against one of the top defenses in the big ten again?!?

New Mexico had the worst offense and they fired their OC half way through his second season.
Iowa is the only team in the bottom 15 of total offense that either didn’t fire their offensive coordinator, fire their head coach, or this past year was the first at the helm of the offense for the offensive coordinator. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: sabula
Again, use your brain a little, just a little. If 1/2 of the teams with better OFF stats played in the BIG they would have worse stats. Just as if we played in the SWAC (old school) like conferences our stats would be atleast middle of th
Iowa was dead last amongst all other power 5 schools. Does that help? Brian Ferentz should be fired, anything less is inexcusable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT