ADVERTISEMENT

The Hammer is about to drop!

I feel sorry for you morons who can't understand overall team stats and how they would differ if everyone of those teams.l played the same schedule...it's not hard morons.
So if Iowa had played in a bad conference they would be better? Statistically at least…. Start the petition to move to the SWAC, we need better stats for bf

If 100 of the teams ahead of them played in the BIG they would have worse OFF stats then Iowa. Can u fools ever think outisde the box.
Come on.....you are really stretching to make that kind of evaluation. That's a lot of speculation.....which you really aren't very good at.

Let's simplify this so all of us morons can better understand the situation:
1) How many power 5 teams had an Offense that ranked worse than Iowa's?
2) Do you think another Power 5 team exists within college football that would retain their Offensive Coordinator under identical circumstances as we've had under the Offensive leadership of Brian Ferentz?

When you coach big boy football and make big boy money, you better produce. He's had plenty of time....in fact, more than enough. The Offense is and has been absolutely horrible...and that falls directly on the OC. This terrible experiment needs to end....the results are clear, and the data doesn't lie.

There is no question that Iowa plays in a tough league, with a bunch of good defenses. But so do the other teams in the Big Ten.

The question every year is how do we stack up against the other teams in the conference. We had the worst or near the worst yards per play average on offense, when compared to other Big Ten teams. That stat has to improve.

On the other hand, we had the best defense when compared to other Big Ten teams, using the same stat (average yards given up per play).

This was a winning team and a bowl champion because of its defense, not its offense.

I think any fair person would conclude that the offensive coordinator should be changed.

There is no question that Iowa plays in a tough league, with a bunch of good defenses. But so do the other teams in the Big Ten.

The question every year is how do we stack up against the other teams in the conference. We had the worst or near the worst yards per play average on offense, when compared to other Big Ten teams. That stat has to improve.

On the other hand, we had the best defense when compared to other Big Ten teams, using the same stat (average yards given up per play).

This was a winning team and a bowl champion because of its defense, not its offense.

I think any fair person would conclude that the offensive coordinator should be changed.
This is the answer. Fine - let's compare just the Big Ten teams since comparing to the rest of the 130 teams in college football seems to create a sample pool issue for somebody.

Iowa is the worst offense in the Big Ten. It has finished in the bottom 3 of offenses in the Big Ten every year of BF's tenure except for the Covid year. It is trending downward and fast.

BF red zone playcalling is atrocious. He called 3 passes ALL YEAR in the red zone that were actually thrown INTO THE END ZONE. For some of you newer to the sport, the end zone is where you get points if you catch the ball there, so it is good to throw passes there.

People get fired all the time when they produce results that puts them in last place in the company over a 6-year span. BF is not the scapegoat for a shitty O-line. He's the problem.

Well Kirk always tells the story of Mary telling him he needs to use the tight ends more. Maybe he needs to listen to her.
Ha, Iowa just had a TE line up in the wildcat and their BACKUP TE ended up with more yards than the leading WR....how about we use the goddamn wide receivers more. The whole 'TE U" thing is cute but the ridiculous dependence on the TE is a big reason why Iowa can't land and retain solid receivers compared to everyone else. Kirk is seemingly not bright enough to figure that out, if I'm a WR recruit looking at Iowa's stats I give a hearty chuckle before saying "next".....

Ha, Iowa just had a TE line up in the wildcat and their BACKUP TE ended up with more yards than the leading WR....how about we use the goddamn wide receivers more. The whole 'TE U" thing is cute but the ridiculous dependence on the TE is a big reason why Iowa can't land and retain solid receivers compared to everyone else. Kirk is seemingly not bright enough to figure that out, if I'm a WR recruit looking at Iowa's stats I give a hearty chuckle before saying "next".....
I would take more TEs. They can block better. And I tell you someday some coach will catch on and do away with the FB spot and just line a TE up there if one is needed.

Get them Hayden stand up TEs back here!

I agree would be nice to throw more to our wide receivers….if we had any who could run routes, get separation and catch the ball.

Reactions: chuck285
ADVERTISEMENT