ADVERTISEMENT

The Hawkeye Culture has left a lasting impression on Tyler Goodson's family

Maybe I need to start going to bowl games again. After the Rose Bowl I was fed up with spending all the money each year to show up to bowls and watch Iowa get its butt kicked. The thing I miss most (for a guy that lives far out of state) is the family atmosphere Iowa fans provide wherever we are. We take bowl towns over and it truly is an amazing family like experience to be apart of. To few colleges and their fans are like that. I love the fact I can wear Hawkeye apparel wherever I live and it attracts Iowans like long lost family.

Maybe I need to start going to bowl games again. After the Rose Bowl I was fed up with spending all the money each year to show up to bowls and watch Iowa get its butt kicked. The thing I miss most (for a guy that lives far out of state) is the family atmosphere Iowa fans provide wherever we are. We take bowl towns over and it truly is an amazing family like experience to be apart of. To few colleges and their fans are like that. I love the fact I can wear Hawkeye apparel wherever I live and it attracts Iowans like long lost family.

Have you considered they are winning because you aren't at the bowl game? Just kidding...

Goodson's mom also had the patience to put up with all the naysayers, whiners and morons on this board all season. That's not easy to do!
She roasted Hawkeye fans on Twitter at least once this season, after a loss, of course. A couple other Hawkeye player moms joined in and said they found the Twitter comments absolutely disgusting.

What a great recruiting tool for Iowa, too.

They can tell kids from the South to look at Tyler Goodson. You may be far from home but your have family here in Iowa City, always.

Wish that message made it to St. Louis region. I cannot understand why Notre Dame and tOSU can always get some of Missouri's best and Iowa cannot. The educational value really is about the same for most athletes. Notre Dame is grossly overrated, IMHO.

Reactions: Franisdaman

I've only seen one away Hawkeye football game: ASU in 2004. Not even in Ames. One. So, this is on limited experience, but I will never forget walking up and down the streets of Tempe and Phoenix with probably 30-40 thousand fans and being relentlessly "hello-ed" and "Go Hawk-ed". I'll also never forget the variance in apparel. I rarely saw Hawk fans wearing the same items in the sea of black and gold. It was so amazing. It raised my level of pride as a Hawk fan for what is the family of Iowa sports.

We got our asses handed to us in the game, but it was a high water mark nonetheless.

Reactions: Auger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT