ADVERTISEMENT

The House Ways and Means Committee votes to release Donald Trump's tax returns

5f0f8d7eb8eee.image.jpg

****ing Democrats be like **** yeah! It's been 6 years but finally! **** yeah! Lets raise taxes on the ****ing sheep!

Reactions: CeeTeeHawk1
How are you paying for the 1.7 trillion dollar spending bill you ****ing Dems just spewed out?
One way is by making all catch up contributions to retirement account treated as Roth only. No more catch up to traditional accounts. That would be about 3K in taxes for my wife and I that I would no longer be able to defer.

If indeed his tax returns weren't audited while in office, it was illegal. I would like to know if this was the case, and if so, why.
But it’s not a law, it’s just a procedure in the IRS manual. The report recommends Congress codify the mandatory audit program into law and make it truly mandatory.

I think they could have easily determine Trump’s returns did not undergo this process and make the same recommendations without actually releasing the underlying returns or commenting on the info in the returns.

But it’s not a law, it’s just a procedure in the IRS manual. The report recommends Congress codify the mandatory audit program into law and make it truly mandatory.

I think they could have easily determine Trump’s returns did not undergo this process and make the same recommendations without actually releasing the underlying returns or commenting on the info in the returns.
Then maybe you would feel better if you just think of it as Congress helping Trump keep his campaign promise.

Trump has gotten by for 50 years by having a different set of rules for himself versus the rules everyone else, and daring people to make him follow the rules. Or, just counting on people to be afraid of him, or to count on them just shrugging their shoulders...
Nah, every candidate for 50 years has put out their returns, and he chose not to. Instead, he lied about not being able to release them. For 50 years the IRS has audited all president's returns. Why weren't his? Who said don't audit them? Returns are not audited for political reasons, but as a safety check. And, once again Trump slid by without the rules being applied to him. The most amoral president ever made decisions that might have affected his finances, and we don't know it.

The House ordered the returns be given to them for tax policy reasons. They apparently lied. This had nothing to do with tax policy and everything to do with embarrassing Trump. The only thing the returns will show is that Trump has been lying about his income, etc.

The audit issue is a separate issue, and has nothing to do with the House having the returns, or releasing them.

Every member of the House should make their tax returns public.

The House ordered the returns be given to them for tax policy reasons. They apparently lied. This had nothing to do with tax policy and everything to do with embarrassing Trump. The only thing the returns will show is that Trump has been lying about his income, etc.

The audit issue is a separate issue, and has nothing to do with the House having the returns, or releasing them.

It should be law that every political candidate make their last ten years of tax returns and all returns while in office public as part of running for office. The public deserves to know where your money has come from.

A sitting President committed tax fraud. Damn right he should be publicly embarrassed, humiliated and then thrown in prison.

It should be law that every political candidate make their last ten years of tax returns and all returns while in office public as part of running for office. The public deserves to know where your money has come from.
OK. That's fine. That's not the law now.

Reactions: Rifler

I agree with you on it being political for release outside of Congress, DOJ, IRS, the rest is to embarrass him.
I disagree with you on it being "just a procedure". It seems that it is required for the exact reasons above, someone needs to evaluate if there is any conflict of interest. "Mandatory Audits" aren't just a procedure.

A sitting President committed tax fraud. Damn right he should be publicly embarrassed, humiliated and then thrown in prison.
If he committed tax fraud, that's a matter for the IRS, Tax Court, and/or Federal Court. If he's charged, that's public record. If he's convicted, that's public record.

Do I think Trump committed tax fraud? I have no way to know that at this point. Do I think he's capable of it? Of course. He's about as filthy as they come. We still have that pesky notion of a rule of law, and to ignore it makes us just as bad as Trump.

I don’t like this. Completely political.
I cannot believe that they can do this.

What the F is the purpose? The man is out of office and appears to want to keep them private. We have a pretty good idea of what is in there, so this effort appears to be financial/poitical voyeurism.

No one is suggesting that he owes back taxes, let's move on.

Show the taxes, I don’t give a crap.

While we’re at it, let’s look into Biden (and his family) as well. Shouldn’t we be equally concerned and skeptical of every President regardless of political party?

Reactions: Demoba
The purpose is to politically neuter Trump,.. Political death by a thousand cuts has always been the plan...

Reactions: CeeTeeHawk1
No reason at all to release these tax returns to the public,.. this shit is entirely political.
It is but Dems don’t care. They loathe Trump and soon DeSantis will replace him as their target.

Has he actually committed tax fraud though? I can, using legal means, offer sane legal taxation advice to reduce a rich person's tax liability to near zero, assuming they legally set up tax shelters in line with US code. That isn't fraud. That is being smart.

It's a different issue whether those loopholes should be closed and whether that is fair for the average joe.

Reactions: dandh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT