ADVERTISEMENT

The House Ways and Means Committee votes to release Donald Trump's tax returns

You said if you "if" he committed tax fraud. His company has been convicted of tax fraud. You can play with words and say he wasn't personally named in the conviction, but that's parsing.

He is his business except when he isn't. It isn't except when it is. The old New York 2 Step.

Defend a fraud if you like. It will come around eventually, but it won't matter since you invested nothing. Like all the other wingnuts, you simply don't admit you were fooled by an Orange Turd grifter.

You said if you "if" he committed tax fraud. His company has been convicted of tax fraud. You can play with words and say he wasn't personally named in the conviction, but that's parsing.

He is his business except when he isn't. It isn't except when it is. The old New York 2 Step.

Defend a fraud if you like. It will come around eventually, but it won't matter since you invested nothing. Like all the other wingnuts, you simply don't admit you were fooled by an Orange Turd grifter.
Trump, personally, hasn't been convicted of anything. If you read my post I said it's likely he's committed fraud. Why did you ignore that simply to take a shot at me?

I haven't defended fraud. You, on the other hand, continue to make shit up.

As far as being a wingnut, I never voted for Trump, and my favorite word for him in 2016 was "clownshow".

Get over yourself.

It is being noted that in 2018 Trump claimed a healthy amount of income, and actually paid taxes. Suzanne Craig mentioned this on Lib TV. She says 2018 is the year Donald sold some profitable rental properties that he inherited from Fred.
Trump is a complete loser when it comes to business. All you rubes who posted here and texted me about how great it was to have a real businessman running things. He was a fraud. The only success he has ever had in life came from his dad. Even The Apprentice can be tied to Fred.

Trump, personally, hasn't been convicted of anything. If you read my post I said it's likely he's committed fraud. Why did you ignore that simply to take a shot at me?

As far as being a wingnut, I never voted for Trump, and my favorite word for him in 2016 was "clownshow".

Get over yourself.

I knew you'd come back with the personally angle.

Blah!

Get over yourself.
He either committed fraud or he’s never made a dime in his entire life. As was pointed out, he is his business. He doesn’t get to claim otherwise when that becomes inconvenient. He’s repeatedly said he is deeply involved in his company’s activities until he claims he has no idea what’s going on.

He either committed fraud or he’s never made a dime in his entire life. As was pointed out, he is his business. He doesn’t get to claim otherwise when that becomes inconvenient. He’s repeatedly said he is deeply involved in his company’s activities until he claims he has no idea what’s going on.
I don't disagree. He, personally has yet to be convicted of anything. Yet is the operative word.

The fun has begun. Lots of sketchy stuff. The IRS did start audits on 2019 and 2020 returns, so the sketchy stuff for those years is already under scrutiny. Whether or not anything criminal is found, Trump is getting plenty of ridicule.

2020 returns were due in April 2021 when Trump wasn't president. Where did you get this info?

2020 returns were due in April 2021 when Trump wasn't president. Where did you get this info?

Finance is low information. The IRS began auditing his returns in reaction to the Dems flagging they hadn't been when they took control of the House.

Reactions: lucas80
Sounds like Friday is the day the returns are released.
Someone mentioned the other day Trump's promise to donate his entire salary to charity. I recall a press event once or twice where some charity got money. I wonder about this, and all of the charities Trump says he gave huge amounts of money to. I wonder if those donations will be quite small, if not non-existent?

Not legally.

Yes, that's splitting hairs because he rules his businesses with an iron fist.

The last 2 years he was in office.
It doesn't sound like they audited them. It sounds like they deferred to his tax preparers. A courtesy not afforded to the average citizen, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, or the Bidens. It does not sound like a rigorous audit was carried out of Trump's returns the last two years he was in office.

It is a requirement the IRS audit the President's taxes. Not 1 year. Or every other year.

The Orange Turd exemplifies the reason for this requirement. He has been a criminal for decades and has skated by due to non-scrutiny. Had proper vetting been performed, which IRS auding among other things would have flagged he never he wouldn't have neared the White House and the country not drugged though this shit storm.

Sounds like Friday is the day the returns are released.
Someone mentioned the other day Trump's promise to donate his entire salary to charity. I recall a press event once or twice where some charity got money. I wonder about this, and all of the charities Trump says he gave huge amounts of money to. I wonder if those donations will be quite small, if not non-existent?

Whether it's wise to release this info is questionable. He is the 1st President to refuse to do so. It must be for a reason other than a need for privacy.

Hiding personal financial information is a disqualifier for seeking public office.

If you have entanglements that potentially compromise decisions or participation you do not belong in political processes that effect those matters.

Reactions: BelemNole
The last 2 years he was in office.

The Democrats found they weren't following required procedures and forced them to for christ's sake.

Jesus Finance, make sure you tell us what flavor the Kool Aid is.

I don't disagree. He, personally has yet to be convicted of anything. Yet is the operative word.
Like the best mob bosses. Create enough distance and deniability so that all your underlings and your business fronts go down, but you stay wealthy and free.

Reactions: BGHAWK
As has been pointed out, he promised many times to release his returns as soon as his “audit” was over. His promise is being fulfilled. What’s the problem?

He never authorized their release,.. extremely bad precedent for both the IRS and the House.

He never authorized their release,.. extremely bad precedent for both the IRS and the House.

Extremely bad precedent for trump for not releasing his returns and then lying that he was being audited.

Extremely bad precedent for trump for not releasing his returns and then lying that he was being audited.

Not required to release his returns,.. and we all know that lying is simply what he does.

It is a requirement the IRS audit the President's taxes. Not 1 year. Or every other year.

The Orange Turd exemplifies the reason for this requirement. He has been a criminal for decades and has skated by due to non-scrutiny. Had proper vetting been performed, which IRS auding among other things would have flagged he never he wouldn't have neared the White House and the country not drugged though this shit storm.
It's not a requirement. There's no law. It's a policy. Should he hav been audited? Sure.

Besides Trump not being as rich as he claims, or charitable, what exactly do you think his returns will show that would have kept him out of office?

Not required to release his returns,.. and we all know that lying is simply what he does.

And you are ok with that. That tells me just as much about your character as it does about trump's, and we all know how much he has. Sad Sad Sad

It's not a requirement. There's no law. It's a policy. Should he hav been audited? Sure.

Besides Trump not being as rich as he claims, or charitable, what exactly do you think his returns will show that would have kept him out of office?

It's a policy/process whatever up this point has been recognized by the IRS. The rules recognized by gentlemen and otherwise human beings have been trashed by this piece of shit.

Finance, go get a coffee. It's been said a dozen times; it's not likely anything in the tax information released will show anything. If anything is relevant it's in the data the NY AG subpoenaed from financial organizations.

If this offends you, you brought it up;

\ "Besides Trump not being as rich as he claims, or charitable, what exactly do you think his returns will show that would have kept him out of office?"

The puzzling aspect this is the section of the public willing to defend someone with his character. The 1st impulse for reactionaries is to come to his defense.

He is a criminal and the 1st and only president refusing to acknowledge defeat. A permanent scar on the wound of our democratic election process.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT