ADVERTISEMENT

The husband in this story *has* to be a HORTer!!!!

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
The question is, which one? Post nominees below.

My Husband Has Been Stealing My Family’s and Friends’ Panties for Years​

BY STOYA

Dear How to Do It,

My husband just came clean that he’s been stealing my family and friend’s panties for years. We have been together for three decades. We were having a heart-to-heart talk, and he told me he’s been stealing underwear from my female family and friends. He’s a good man, and I’ve always known he has an underwear fetish. He likes to masturbate with soiled sexy panties, and I’m OK with that. But to steal other people’s, my loved ones’, and do this? Please help. He’s always been loyal. This is absolutely not normal. I’m sickened by it, and feel today disgusted, betrayed, and inadequate. What is wrong with him?

—Panty Thief

Dear Panty Thief,

This is really not OK. I can’t say for certain what’s up with your husband, but I expect that the owners of these panties would be very upset to know what had happened to them. This behavior cannot continue.

You can be gentle, or you can deliver an ultimatum, but I think your husband should see a therapist to talk through his kink and the ways he’s been expressing it. I suspect there’s some shame causing an inappropriate manifestation of his fetish. The classification of fetishistic disorder requires that the interest cause clinically significant distress or functional impairment. Your husband’s actions seem pretty socially impaired, and a therapist can help him sort through treatment options ranging from talk therapy to medication.

Disgust is a completely understandable reaction to violations of consent. Betrayal is utterly reasonable in response to your—presumably monogamous—husband involving others, even if it’s in a secondary manner, in his sexuality. And feelings of inadequacy make absolute sense if you (as the monogamous sometimes do) expect to fill all of your partner’s sexual desires.

It might also be a good idea to talk through your feelings and your own options with a counselor or a trusted friend.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Spend any time on live webcam sites and you will see there are tons of married men with strange fetishes that their wives, family and friends have no idea exist.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Shit like that doesn't just go away. I don't necessarily think it's a wrong desire or caused by some other dysfunction.

You just don't do it. I don't think talk therapy will do anything... but for informing him of why he shouldn't steal other people's underwear. (which he probably realizes)

And it's not a consent issue. Clothing doesn't consent.

Shit like that doesn't just go away. I don't necessarily think it's a wrong desire or caused by some other dysfunction.

You just don't do it. I don't think talk therapy will do anything... but for informing him of why he shouldn't steal other people's underwear. (which he probably realizes)

And it's not a consent issue. Clothing doesn't consent.
He was dumb to confess! It's a victimless "crime."

ADVERTISEMENT