ADVERTISEMENT

The importance of NATO

Trump didn't want to leave Nato he wanted them to:

Trump tells NATO allies to pay their fair share​

Republicans like NATO they hate the United Nations because it's corrupt!

Reactions: goldmom
We are seeing why we need NATO and why we need to help fund it. The MAGAs were all about leaving during the trump years but I am sure seeing it work in action is changing a lot of minds.

Let’s put this idea to rest Trumpians, NATO is great for the free world!

Did they say they wanted out of nato? I don’t recall that but could be wrong. I do remember trump wanting the other nato members to start holding up their ends of the bargain, I.e, military and costs. why would anyone have a problem with that?

NATO is important…but it needs changed. No way should nato countries become energy dependent on Russia.
Being dependent on Saudi oil is soooooo much more dependable!
Natural gas is great if you have it…otherwise you have to move it to your location. Maybe nuclear energy power is part of the solution…but nuc power has a definite image problem with most of the population.

Did they say they wanted out of nato? I don’t recall that but could be wrong. I do remember trump wanting the other nato members to start holding up their ends of the bargain, I.e, military and costs. why would anyone have a problem with that?
Yah. Trump was threatening to withdraw and made it an issue.

Germans have had our protection for 75 years. Our guys and our billions go over there to protect them. They don’t kick in the agreed upon share to NATO.
But they have universal health care because they don’t have to keep a big military.
Meanwhile our vets come home and sit waiting in a VA clinic for hours to be seen, after they waited months to get an appointment. What’s wrong with this picture? And why have we let the Germans (and others) slide for years?
I think that’s what Trump was pushing and it obviously upset the Germans applecart. Too damn bad.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Being dependent on Saudi oil is soooooo much more dependable!
Natural gas is great if you have it…otherwise you have to move it to your location. Maybe nuclear energy power is part of the solution…but nuc power has a definite image problem with most of the population.
Unfortunately it is.

Yah. Trump was threatening to withdraw and made it an issue.

Ok. Guess I’ll take your word for it, but that’s not how I remember it going down. Don’t really care though, cause well, trump isn’t president anymore. With that said, some of these other countries within nato need to start holding up their end of the bargain. This Ukraine deal is exposing this even more, imo.

I see Russia is concerned about us allowing Sweden and Finland into NATO. That's enough for me to want them in ASAP.
Finland is a trickier one than Sweden because of the history, and maybe you know but I sure as hell don't as to whether Finland even wants to join NATO. Finland has had an ongoing arrangement with Russia since WW2, and arguably the Finns would be tanking that "arrangement" if they entered NATO.
But Putin only has himself to blame if he pushes Sweden and Finland into joining NATO.

Ok. Guess I’ll take your word for it, but that’s not how I remember it going down. Don’t really care though, cause well, trump isn’t president anymore. With that said, some of these other countries within nato need to start holding up their end of the bargain. This Ukraine deal is exposing this even more, imo.

And I agree on other Countries stepping up more.

Reactions: red/green hawk
Trump didn't want to leave Nato he wanted them to:

Trump tells NATO allies to pay their fair share​

Republicans like NATO they hate the United Nations because it's corrupt!
They should love it then. I've never seen an American political party so in love with corruption than today's trumplican party.

Reactions: joelbc1
ADVERTISEMENT