ADVERTISEMENT

The insurrectionist next door: A new source of suburban unease

I live in an area of Omaha where you'll find the city's highest concentration of liberals. BLM signs everywhere, some people still have their Kara Eastman (lost to Trump toadie Don Bacon in the congressional race), lots of young people who will tell you how much they love our area's "walkability." There's a house on the corner that has flown a Marine Corps flag as long as we've lived here. I've never seen who lives there. I'm good buddies with a former marine who, while he probably wouldn't call himself a "democrat," definitely voted for Biden and would tell you how much of a disgrace to the office of POTUS Trump has been, so I've always imagined our neighborhood marine was probably one of those guys. On Friday the Marine flag was replaced with a Betsy Ross flag, which I recently read has been coopted by the MAGA losers. Is this guy going to go off the res and start leaving pipe bombs in our mailboxes?

Betsy-Ross-and-American-flag.jpg

He's an attention seeker, I bet. Nothing more. Ignore him. Don't feed the bear.
The people who set off bombs or pull out an AK and use it are the ones who the neighbors all describe as being "nice" or "quiet" or "minds his own business, we're all so shocked". Those are the scary ones, IMO.

I live in an area of Omaha where you'll find the city's highest concentration of liberals. BLM signs everywhere, some people still have their Kara Eastman (lost to Trump toadie Don Bacon in the congressional race), lots of young people who will tell you how much they love our area's "walkability." There's a house on the corner that has flown a Marine Corps flag as long as we've lived here. I've never seen who lives there. I'm good buddies with a former marine who, while he probably wouldn't call himself a "democrat," definitely voted for Biden and would tell you how much of a disgrace to the office of POTUS Trump has been, so I've always imagined our neighborhood marine was probably one of those guys. On Friday the Marine flag was replaced with a Betsy Ross flag, which I recently read has been coopted by the MAGA losers. Is this guy going to go off the res and start leaving pipe bombs in our mailboxes?

Sounds like you have a deplorable neighbor. Ts and Ps.

I wouldn’t be too overly concerned unless he starts flying a confederate or Nazi flag. That would be a pretty good indication that all four wheels have come off the tracks.

Reactions: goldmom
I've mentioned the nearby fenced in trailer park. That Trump flag was down shortly after 1/6. Actually I can't tell if the flag pole belongs to the trailer park or the business next door.

In our community we only have one or two signs still around for the loser. For whatever reasons, another three or four came down in the last week, including the “loudest“ dude‘s little shrine.
This guy, who makes sure everyone knows is a Viet Vet ex Navy patriot, moved into his in-laws house after a traffic accident claimed their lives. They were the kindest, gentlest folks you would ever meet. Who knows how these folks acquired their beliefs, but his wife was raised by good peeps.
First sign the Nam guy puts up is “Lock her up!” It caught most around by surprise and was followed soon after by multiple MAGA crap. Somebody made off with the Lock her Up sign and he put up a hand written scribe complaining about it. Soon, a large sign on his barn warned trespassers about being shot.
His display ebbed and flowed over the last four years, but never failed to be present. His flag dropped to half mast the day after the election this year and recently there was only one small sign left. It left on January 6th, but who knows if he removed it or someone else did...
We all wonder just what kind of arsenal the ole boy is sitting on.

On a personal note, wifey went all in on campaign signs this year for the first time ever due to this guy, and multiple neighbors stopped me in the yard to praise the show of support. Until this year, only the rare sign supporting a school board or local office had been displayed along our little road for decades. trump brought out some deep seated feelings, I guess.

Reactions: drew_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT